Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would someone be willing to give me a quick rundown of the ladt 5 years xstories

what is important and whst is not from the xmen blue/gold/red runs to anything in between up to current marauders and xmen.

I feel like I missed a lot.

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but you'd honestly be fine to start reading X-Men and Marauders w/out reading those runs lol. I'd only prescribe HoX/PoX if you haven't read that yet.

Hickman's run so far is better enjoyed w/ a sense of older continuity, into the 2000's, but the last five years (especially blue/gold/red) haven't factored into much of anything . I guess maybe Extermination (2018) would be the biggest story of consequence - out with the original 05, in with Kid Cable to replacet he Old (or, the Recognizable).

I hope this isn't woefully unhelpful lol. Just thinking I might be able to save you a headache

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but you'd honestly be fine to start reading X-Men and Marauders w/out reading those runs lol. I'd only prescribe HoX/PoX if you haven't read that yet.

Hickman's run so far is better enjoyed w/ a sense of older continuity, into the 2000's, but the last five years (especially blue/gold/red) haven't factored into much of anything . I guess maybe Extermination (2018) would be the biggest story of consequence - out with the original 05, in with Kid Cable to replacet he Old (or, the Recognizable).

I hope this isn't woefully unhelpful lol. Just thinking I might be able to save you a headache
    This is honestly pretty helpful advice if what the OP is just looking for a catch up.

Cause to be fair, the Gold/Blue/Red era had nothing of significance except maybe Extermination and Age of X-Man, but both were means to ends and not really something that can be considered must reads. I mean even stories with characters who died and came back are irrelevant due to the Krakoa set up.

Fantastic Member

Ok, so after God Emperor Doom failed with battle world, the x-men had a hard time and were based in Limbo and cyclops died after doing terrible things. This culminated in Inhumans vs X-men, in which X-men dominated the Inhumans in the first issue until plot twists and team work happened. This lead into the color Era you mentioned.
    Gold features the x-men doing heroic things based out of Central Park, and blue was the time displaced O5 stopping bad guys and picking up alternate reality allies. Xmen red spun out of resurrection, where Jean Grey returned and wanted to prove mutants were good guys to the world. This all kinda ended in Extermination, where Ahab and a young version of Cable came to the present and stuffed the O5 back in the past. Cable also used this to bring back Cyclops. While that happened, nate grey and legion had a spat in x-men dissasmbled, in an attempt to parallel avengers disassembled, that essentially pulled all the xmen into a fake reality called age of x-man.
    In the real world, Cyclops started a suicide mission team of x-men with whoever was left to try to take out as many threats they could before the x-men were gone for good.

Then Xavier saved mutants by starting Krakoa as a mutant nation, based on Moira's guidance in House of X and powers of X. They can revive any mutant and give humans drugs to earn a place in the world. This led to a mutant revolution where they all live on the island as thir own nation and have a council of leaders. From there the xmen deal with threats as they come up. Xforce deals with dangerous threats as they come up. Marauders deal out krakoan drugs to countries and rescue mutants. Excalibur deals with a magic battle with Avalon. Xfactor investigates mutant deaths, and hellions are cleaning up sinisters messes from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    Ok, so after God Emperor Doom failed with battle world, the x-men had a hard time and were based in Limbo and cyclops died after doing terrible things. This culminated in Inhumans vs X-men, in which X-men dominated the Inhumans in the first issue until plot twists and team work happened. This lead into the color Era you mentioned.
    Gold features the x-men doing heroic things based out of Central Park, and blue was the time displaced O5 stopping bad guys and picking up alternate reality allies. Xmen red spun out of resurrection, where Jean Grey returned and wanted to prove mutants were good guys to the world. This all kinda ended in Extermination, where Ahab and a young version of Cable came to the present and stuffed the O5 back in the past. Cable also used this to bring back Cyclops. While that happened, nate grey and legion had a spat in x-men dissasmbled, in an attempt to parallel avengers disassembled, that essentially pulled all the xmen into a fake reality called age of x-man.
    In the real world, Cyclops started a suicide mission team of x-men with whoever was left to try to take out as many threats they could before the x-men were gone for good.

Then Xavier saved mutants by starting Krakoa as a mutant nation, based on Moira's guidance in House of X and powers of X. They can revive any mutant and give humans drugs to earn a place in the world. This led to a mutant revolution where they all live on the island as thir own nation and have a council of leaders. From there the xmen deal with threats as they come up. Xforce deals with dangerous threats as they come up. Marauders deal out krakoan drugs to countries and rescue mutants. Excalibur deals with a magic battle with Avalon. Xfactor investigates mutant deaths, and hellions are cleaning up sinisters messes from the past.
    Pretty good summary

Gold and Blue were way better than this Hickman stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Gold and Blue were way better than this Hickman stuff.
    Said no one ever.

Honestly, just read House of X/Powers of X and you really don’t need to care what happened over the past five years. Nothing is really important to the current status quo.

Nice summary captain Qball.

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Said no one ever.
    LOL so true

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Said no one ever.
    lmao

Gold was the epitome of bad.

Gold was way better than this. Guggenheim is a way better writer than Hickman. As is Cullen Bunn.

Gold was way better than this. Guggenheim is a way better writer than Hickman. As is Cullen Bunn.
    OK Marc, if you say so

Pure comedy.

LOL X-Men Gold was embarrassingly bad. Like Chuck Austen bad.

And Prestige might go down in history as the worst codename ever.