Default Predators vs the Thing

Young Predators are in the same scenario they were in in the "Aliens vs Predators" movie, except instead of humans being infected with Aliens, they are infected with John Carpenter's Thing. What happens?

assured at least a draw with wrist bombs which should eradicate any thing infected biomass, their bladed weapons and nets are more or less useless but a plasma caster should cause actual damage assuming they can get to it

Do they get a similar awareness of the nature of what they're fighting?

Yes, everything is the same as the AVP movie, except the human sacrifices are trapped with the big monstrous form of the Thing from near the end of the Carpenter movie rather than with a Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Yes, everything is the same as the AVP movie, except the human sacrifices are trapped with the big monstrous form of the Thing from near the end of the Carpenter movie rather than with a Queen.
    I feel like even for Predators, given the nature of the Thing they should have the sense then to just toss in a wrist bomb set to go off. You get infected at the slightest touch by the Thing and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I feel like even for Predators, given the nature of the Thing they should have the sense then to just toss in a wrist bomb set to go off. You get infected at the slightest touch by the Thing and all.
    Seconding this.

The Preds had containment protocol for the Aliens getting out of hand. This was shown both in a flashback and in the current events of that movie.

They probably torch it from space or nuke it and call it a day.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Might it be possible that the readout they get on their heat vision could detect subtle things below the surface that show that their human prey isn't all that human?

I'm basing this conjecture on the Predator in the second movie picking up the image and heartbeat of Leona's unborn baby with a closer scan.

Once they decide this is the wrong prey they'd probably just blast them through the walls.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Might it be possible that the readout they get on their heat vision could detect subtle things below the surface that show that their human prey isn't all that human?

I'm basing this conjecture on the Predator in the second movie picking up the image and heartbeat of Leona's unborn baby with a closer scan.

Once they decide this is the wrong prey they'd probably just blast them through the walls.
    As I recall the Things do full cell-replication/assimilation down to keeping memories, so I doubt a mere visor scan would be enough.

Coming up with ways to expose assimilated organisms like they did in the movie sounds more likely, but if things came to that, wrist bombing would probably come up just as well.