Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What's your favorite Wonder Woman alternate costume?

There have been so many one hit wonders it's almost become a thing. Which did you like most? The only rule it has to be an actual costume she battled in whether based on her regular look or not. Any form of media and all armor are included. Show a picture if you can.

Here are mine (this week)...

Amazonia
    WW AMAZONIA 2.jpg

Lynda's Wetsuit
    ALT wetsuit.jpg

Bombshells for the period accurate Kitty Foyle shirt, headscarf and sailor shorts
    ALT Bombshells.jpg

Diana from the "Absolute Power" alt-universe storyline in SUPERMAN/BATMAN by Carlos Pacheco

Both versions of the WW suit with pants from SUPERMAN/WONDERWOMAN by Bart Sears! The non-white version being Cliff Chiang's design that SHOULD have become the standard but DC blinked in the face of fan "outrage".

Last edited by Thirteen; 08-09-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Perez Challenge of the Gods armor
    ICO001161_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Honorable mention to Cliff Chiang's battle armor, which reportedly was under consideration for becoming the new standard Wonder togs. "Lobster-y" arm armor factor and new stylization of the eagle aside, I wouldn't hate it. In my head canon, the rope tying back her hair is an extension of the Lasso of Truth, expanding the original concept of women's beauty adornments as weapons.

Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier outfit.

Aside from the white hair, I quite liked this white version of her Red Son outfit seen for a brief bit near the end.

and the cowboy outfit Carter wore once in the 70s show.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Honorable mention to Cliff Chiang's battle armor, which reportedly was under consideration for becoming the new standard Wonder togs. "Lobster-y" arm armor factor and new stylization of the eagle aside, I wouldn't hate it. In my head canon, the rope tying back her hair is an extension of the Lasso of Truth, expanding the original concept of women's beauty adornments as weapons.
    If they ditched the arm thing and make the skirt closer to her movie/Rebirth one and that wouldn't be a bad redesigned new look.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Incredible Member

An absolute YES to the abandoned black pants and boots outfit!!! I was disappointed when this didn’t emerge as a permanent outfit.

No votes for the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman sweatsuit???? ��

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

One of my favorites:

Earth 2 Wonder Woman

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

For her standalone comic book, I like both of the aforementioned Chiang armour and Perez armour.

For Justice League and other team-up appearances, I like the Justice Lord outfit from JLU (https://dcau.fandom.com/wiki/Wonder_...(Justice_Lord)) and ... the Wonderous Man costume (https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Wonderous_Man_(Earth_11)). The "God of Peace" white and gold costume is also very interesting to me, with some tweaks.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Ooh yeah this is really good too

This is nice...except for the hockey gear on her arm.

I actually like them all!

The run was bad but...
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Both versions of the WW suit with pants from SUPERMAN/WONDERWOMAN by Bart Sears! The non-white version being Cliff Chiang's design that SHOULD have become the standard but DC blinked in the face of fan "outrage".

I was so disappointed in DC when it didn't use this costume.

This is my favorite alternate Wonder Woman outfit.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."