Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Aside from the white hair, I quite liked this white version of her Red Son outfit seen for a brief bit near the end.
    Another fine candidate. I like the all-white look, very regal and ghost-like.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This one is really nice and shows that Chiang did his homework. The thing on her sword arm is called a 'manica' in Latin, and was used e.g. by gladiators. The shield protects her body and left arm, but she needs to expose the right arm to use the sword, hence the extra protection. However, I would prefer the pteruges (armored skirt) to be completely overlapping, as in her movie costume - less exposed skin.

Also, in a real-life gladiator setting, she would need a helmet. But I guess you have to make some concessions to the comic universe, where you don't want to hide the face of the heroine.

In my head canon, the rope tying back her hair is an extension of the Lasso of Truth, expanding the original concept of women's beauty adornments as weapons.
    In Steven Pressfield's novel 'Last of the Amazons', he mentions that the amazons tie their hair with a rope, which they use as a garotte in an emergency... too violent for Diana, but a similar idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The run was bad but...
    I actually kind of liked this as well, but I couldn’t get past the ankle spurs and the unnecessary arm straps. Otherwise it was a decent attempt at modernizing her costume and getting her out of her underwear and into some pants. And we know how that always goes over...

"Witching Hour" Wonder Woman wasn't bad as far as evil Wonder Woman designs go.

90's Overload
    biker.jpg
    Yeah, I'll be the one: I actually like Diana's ridiculous 90's biker outfit. It's such a goofy product of its time, I can't help but love it. And not for nothing, I do appreciate that it is--for better or worse--a distinctive alternate outfit...as opposed to a remix of her classic look, the classic look with pants, or just generic armor.

Atomic
    atomic.jpg
    I think this is what Scott Snyder is trying for with stuff like Death Metal but failing. It's over-the-top and bonkers, but fun and zany. I never played the game, but I also liked the backstory & personality they gave this Diana. It's pretty tragic, but she remains optimistic and energetic.

Animated
    animated.jpg
    I had a lot of problems with the recent animated movies, but I did actually like the look they gave Diana. It's better with her hair down, and I wouldn't want it to be her permanent, mainline look, but as an alternate, I think it works.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The run was bad but...
    This one grew on me as the story progressed. My only complaint is for Diana, the W should be larger. I would love to see the look adopted for Donna or maybe even Cassie.

Incredible Member

Diana Prince Wonder Woman was my intro to solo WW stories as a kid. Always a soft spot for this era.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Nicola Scotts E2 WW...ahead of its time and just so.freaking.good.

WONDER 15.jpgI've always liked Jason Fabok design n I love the red silver n blue instead of the gold.

Bad movie, loved this costume; especially the armored boots. My complaints are the cape and shoulder armor, no capes and trade the shoulder armor for the metal bands she currently uses. Also remove Mera's helmet.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Haven't watched season 3 of Young Justice but I liked this outfit from clips I've seen. I'd probably just replace the white outlines on the skirt and boots with gold.

Wonder Woman: Earth One by Yanick Paquette