Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I don't think he would make Superman evil, just mentally weak enough to Darkseid control him, but that is the normal for Superman, he is the easiest to manipulate on the whole DCU.

My only question is, he would at least win the fight? Because turning Superman evil just so someone else can have a good showing is getting old.
    I know its a tired troupe especially for comics fans now. Let's look at it On a case by case basis, this clark so far is introverted. He doesn't seem to have much contacts other than perry, jenny, lois, ma, pete and lana. That's like 6 people. His whole reasoning in bvs for keeping on fighting was his love for lois made him realise that there is something worth fighting for in this world. That he shouldn't just give up.
    Now, we need to see superman do good without that reason. We need superman to feel that lose and resist the anti life equation . That might be what snyder is going for. I don't know. This could be my speculation/prediction of what might happen.until its done,its up in the air.Also, a similar arc was also part of superman tas.
    As for him winning the fight. He might. But, i do believe cyborg and the jl team is able to minimise the collateral due to Clark's unconcious action. Honestly, that's what it's about. "you can't save the world alone". Clark couldn't contain the black Zero event and zod because he was alone fighting an army of gods. He needed focus on zod. Otherwise, clark might save one only to realise zod killed a hundreds more. On top of that, clark is guy with superstrength with human sins like anger. Ofcourse, it can get destructive.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-09-2020 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Because he doesn't wear red trunks.
    To be fair, trunks or no trunks. The strongman from space will fight for those who can't fight for themselves. He does have a bit of temper. Especially, when people's freedoms are concerned.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-09-2020 at 11:27 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair, trunks or no trunks. The strongman from space will fight for those who can't fight for themselves. He does have a bit of temper. Especially, when people's freedoms are concerned.

hopefully dc presents a third superman series recounting clark / vigilante's early years

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    there is a future where superman is evil. also if you give DC to choose between an orgy with the Victoria's Secret angels or an evil superman who receives a beating from batman, just by listening to evil superman they have forgotten about the orgy.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    But seeing an evil Superman if only for a while seemed a good possibility during the run up to the release. Injustice is quite popular after all.
    With all the praise Injustice was getting as the time, and WB's/DC's penchant for running with stupid ideas, it seemed like something they'd like to do. Not permanently, but for a movie or half of a movie.

I don't want "all smiles" (that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard), but I wouldn't want Clark to be DC's Bucky, either.

But back to the main point, many Superman fans, myself included, had come to a point of having a very strong, healthy distrust of WB/DC when it comes to Superman. There's decades of precedent for it. So for us to assume the worst when you combine WB with a fairly edgy-leaning director.... frankly, it's not much of a stretch.

Even setting all that aside, there's a middle-ground between what we ended up getting cinematically and what some seem to think people wanted - that would have done quite nicely. I'd have been crazy excited about that.

This skull scene is nice but kinda dumb. Why did Zod show this to Clark? Kal grew up here and there was a potential that je may theaten their plan. In Age of Ultron it was a false vision planted in Tony's mind which drove his actions in the film. That's a good use of this vision as it drives the plot. But Knightmare sequence as cool looking it maybe (i enjoy that scene quite a lot) makes no sense within the movie. Batman was already fearing/hating Superman.
    Exactly. Zod's an idiot.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Spectacular Member

Wasn't he literally planning to make Superman an agent of Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Wasn't he literally planning to make Superman an agent of Darkseid?
    It wouldn't be the first time.

This was a thing. Moreover, no this seems to be another arc for superman.

Mighty Member

Is it Superman or Batman who's supposed to be the Randian ideal?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There being precedent doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea to do it again.

Spectacular Member

So you haven't heard of the plan where Superman turns after Darkseid kills Lois?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Is it Superman or Batman who's supposed to be the Randian ideal?
    So, what? A guy who has objectivist leanings can't make movies of batman and superman?please, as if snyder made an in your face randian superman or batman. If he did,i believe he did a bad job at it. Personally, i don't care for ayn rand. But, i do believe a a professional creative person has the capacity to keep his own leanings and protagonist characters(with source material, i might add) leanings separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    So you haven't heard of the plan where Superman turns after Darkseid kills Lois?
    Already discussed, and the guy himself in the interview says its an arc and not an evil Superman story. He doesn't much like evil Superman. So take it however you will.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.