Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I feel like that last one is more Galactus learning there aint no laws when he's drinking claws.

Or at the very least no pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I feel like that last one is more Galactus learning there aint no laws when he's drinking claws.

Or at the very least no pants.
    That's it. You've just summed up the entity of Seattle.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Has Galactus ever failed to digest anything he absorbed other than the Impossible Man/planet Poppup?
    galactus tried and couldn't consume the dark nebula of the dire wraiths world.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that "The battle almost killed him" was about Rom defeating one Queen Mother Deathwing, but it does seem that a dozen+ is able to hold off Galactus will enough to make him decide that it wasn't worth the effort. Anyone familiar with Rom know if that seems reasonable, or if there were some extenuating circumstances that let him defeat something even vaguely in Galactus' tier, or if it was something other than the QMDs that damaged Galactus this much?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that "The battle almost killed him" was about Rom defeating one Queen Mother Deathwing, but it does seem that a dozen+ is able to hold off Galactus will enough to make him decide that it wasn't worth the effort. Anyone familiar with Rom know if that seems reasonable, or if there were some extenuating circumstances that let him defeat something even vaguely in Galactus' tier, or if it was something other than the QMDs that damaged Galactus this much?
    That's waaaaaaaay out of Rom's paygrade.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I mean, a lot of this story's presentation of Rom seems kind of suss.

Rom is as durable as Galactus and more durable as his World Convertor?

I mean, Rom is weirdly powerful whenever he shows up but this seems like a lot.

I wouldn't say all the same this was a bad run through for Galactus. The dark nebula possessed weird properties and beyond that he wasn't operating at anywhere near full oomph, as noted. He still did stuff like switch out Galador's golden galaxy for another one and what all have you.

So more like a ridiculously good run through for Rom himself, sure.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I wouldn't say all the same this was a bad run through for Galactus. The dark nebula possessed weird properties and beyond that he wasn't operating at anywhere near full oomph, as noted. He still did stuff like switch out Galador's golden galaxy for another one and what all have you.

So more like a ridiculously good run through for Rom himself, sure.
    Agreed. The tone of Rom fits well with the "Lo a cosmic space god beyond all the ken of mere mortals," Galactus build and does his power level pretty well.

But also Rom has to be kind of significant, that's required for the comic. So while Big G does good, Rom also gets a bit of a big old push conceptually.

Man, Rom is in like... rights hell at the moment, right? I could go for some ridiculous space knight robot men stuff.

IDW I think is publishing Rom, which I find sad, because it means Galador and the Space Knights have been getting just the crappiest treatment in Marvel for the last few years (i.e. they got wiped out pretty casually). Which I find sad because man, I liked Rom, and that his story had a no fooling happy ending was pretty great.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Has Galactus ever failed to digest anything he absorbed other than the Impossible Man/planet Poppup?
    Probably when Hiro Kala poisoned the energies of a planet