Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Oh hey, an excuse to post this old piece of art!

Very nice! And I can absolutely see Kyle Rayner instructing the corps to make Oa into Unicron for planetary defence purposes...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Less evenly and more was beating the crap out of them to the point that he killed one.
    He killed one of them, yes, but it was not a curbstomp or anything.

Incredible Member

didn't galactus absorbed dormammu himself and all the magicial energies , wouldn't he do the same to oa.

^- That notion of what could be is damned terrifying. Galactus on further magic sauce, yikes.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

1. Galactus is perfectly capable of consuming 'magical energies'. He operates on a higher level than 'science', 'magic', whatever. It's all just energy to him;
    2. While I partly enjoyed that Dr. Strange storyline (and partly didn't, mostly due to how it ended), it was a mess with regards to Galactus, his presentation, and his history. It presented him as being a 'creature of science' (balderdash, he's beyond such petty distinctions) who is unfamiliar with magic and gets pretty much 'corrupted' by eating magic.
    A - Galactus has thrown down with Odin, with Agamotto, and Mephisto. He rubs shoulders with all of the other cosmics. He's plenty familiar with magic;
    B - Galactus has chowed down on Mephisto's realm without getting poisoned/corrupted/had weird crap happen to him.

So I would take anything that happens with Galactus in that storyline with a gigantic block of salt.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The other problem with that Magic Galactus is the visual. Galactus doesn't change his costume based on whether he is going through a goth phase and finally discovered Hot Topic. His appearance is entirely dependent on how the viewer processes him as a force of nature:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    1. Galactus is perfectly capable of consuming 'magical energies'. He operates on a higher level than 'science', 'magic', whatever. It's all just energy to him;
    2. While I partly enjoyed that Dr. Strange storyline (and partly didn't, mostly due to how it ended), it was a mess with regards to Galactus, his presentation, and his history. It presented him as being a 'creature of science' (balderdash, he's beyond such petty distinctions) who is unfamiliar with magic and gets pretty much 'corrupted' by eating magic.
    A - Galactus has thrown down with Odin, with Agamotto, and Mephisto. He rubs shoulders with all of the other cosmics. He's plenty familiar with magic;
    B - Galactus has chowed down on Mephisto's realm without getting poisoned/corrupted/had weird crap happen to him.

So I would take anything that happens with Galactus in that storyline with a gigantic block of salt.
    Has Galactus ever failed to digest anything he absorbed other than the Impossible Man/planet Poppup?

Unsure. All I know is he has been perfectly happy about chowing down on 'magical' energies in the past.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Has Galactus ever failed to digest anything he absorbed other than the Impossible Man/planet Poppup?
    Probably this:

Jelly with swiss cheese? Urk.

His look of appalled disgust is priceless.
    Why are we here?

The other problem with that Magic Galactus is the visual. Galactus doesn't change his costume based on whether he is going through a goth phase and finally discovered Hot Topic. His appearance is entirely dependent on how the viewer processes him as a force of nature:
    That's an easy one to handwave though.

Galactus absorbed lots of magical energy so they expected it to have a physical change on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Unsure. All I know is he has been perfectly happy about chowing down on 'magical' energies in the past.
    Matter of fact. When he tried to get the Surfer back from Mephisto, he got bored and just started eating Hell, with Mephisto powerless to stop him.

Galactus' response to eating the energies of Hell itself?

"I am Galactus. I do what I do."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Galactus absorbed lots of magical energy so they expected it to have a physical change on him.
    I agree with this. I also like to see a slight change in Galactus when he eats something different and extremely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I agree with this. I also like to see a slight change in Galactus when he eats something different and extremely powerful.
    Like maybe a Ghost Pepper Galactus?

Last edited by Shellhead; 08-13-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Or maybe Four Loko Galactus.

Last edited by Shellhead; 08-13-2020 at 03:21 PM.