Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default DC FanDome: What COMIC BOOK NEWS Would Fans Like to Have Announced?

Hi everyone,

Thought I would start a new thread on the impending DC FanDome event specifically to ask what COMIC BOOK NEWS fans would be keen on hearing at this event; the other thread on this event is VERY film and video game centric, so let's make this one all about the base that makes the very popular films, television and video games possible.

I'm hoping for the following:

1.) News about an upcoming JSA ongoing set in main continuity.

2.) An announcement about the return of Mark Waid and Alex Ross to DC.

3.) Clarification/more details about the upcoming event Endless Winter.

4.) Major announcements about a revamp of the Titans property.

5.) Ditto JLA.

Astonishing Member

Post-Death Metal relaunch news, new writers for Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl and Teen Titans, new ongoings for JSA, Green Arrow and Batwoman (hopefully), new writer for Superman (sorry, I don't like Bendis), news about Mark Waid's return to DC.

Yeah I’m really hoping for something JSA related, I’m personally hoping for either Tom Taylor or given his work on Terrifics and Superman vs the Klan, Gene Yang.

Beyond that I’d hope for some teases for the post Death Metal dc. I’m hoping to see Supergirl, Shazam, Blue Beetle,and etc. At the very least a teaser would be nice, nothing big just something for us to wonder about for a while.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

fresh start
    confirming canonical backstories and what kind of adjustment they made in order to fit the new Present Day. It doesn't have to be a detailed timeline. I don't trust them with that. Just this happened, that happened, are fine.
    The purpose is just so I know what kind of mindset I have to prepare myself.

After that, if they wanna ruin it when it comes to actual writing, whatever, I can just stop buying, but at least it needs to be a good start and a good foundation for me to even be interested in reading.

Doesn't have to happen in Fandome either.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-09-2020 at 10:21 AM.

Plams for the DCU after Death Metal
    Plans for the Super Family
    Priest was listed so I'm hoping that means long term plans at DC [wishful thinking - Priest taking over from Tynion on Batman.]
    Hopefully new Zoom and Ink Titles. Just got my kids reading comics then DC cancelled Supersons. The one title they were enjoying the most. Now that we've finished lil Gotham it would be great if DC announced plans 2 relaunch both or plans for similar. Ink or Zoom titles written by comic writers.

Plans for GL post Morrison and assuming there's another revamp coming the teams for JLD and Wonder Woman.

Any other details on Wonder Woman Historia would be nice.

Affordable comics.

$4, $5 a pop is ridiculous.

A Titans/Teen Titans/Young Justice revamp with all new lineups for each team, that’ll hopefully fix all the issues this franchise has run into over the years.

A JL revamp, giving us a new lineup, though I quite liked the Snyder lineup so hopefully they keep that one!

For Jaime Reyes, John Stewart, Jessica Cruz, Cassandra Cain and Black Lightning to either get a solo series, end up on a team or both!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I honestly don't think we'll get post death metal news yet. My hunch is that a actual relaunch won't happen till February and Endless Winter is a convergence/fill in event in Dec/Jan that gives DC time to properly launch after death metal ends and not do a relaunch during the holidays.

1. Details on what Endless Winter is and what it’s about

2. Relaunches for Nightwing, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Justice League, Red Hood, and Teen Titans/Titans with new creative teams

3. Info on the status of the next Wonder Comics books

4. Update on the status of DC Universe, if all the show get pulled will it turn into a Comics only service?

5. Some teases on what’s planned for 2021

6. New creators being brought on board and new books for guys like Priest and Yang

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Affordable comics.

$4, $5 a pop is ridiculous.
    Yeah, especially for the product we're getting. I'd like a little more than 20 pages out of a 2,000 page storyline.

I mostly just want to see a genuine push for DC characters who aren't the Trinity or Trinity adjacent.

JSA.Titans and Infinity Inc revamps
    Nubia.Black Lightning.Vixen and Cpt Comet Ongoings
    Jason Fabok on Wonder Woman
    Gary Frank on Justice League
    Last edited by warzon; 08-10-2020 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    JSA.Titans and Infinity Inc revamps
    Nubia.Black Lightning.Cpt Comet Ongoings
    Jason Fabok on Wonder Woman
    Gary Frank on Justice League
    Neither of those two are doing monthlies again. Too slow.

Some stand-alone, out of continuity Superman projects. Even just one would do, though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El