Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

More info on Endless Winter
    Announcements for new series, like JSA. A new series with Jessica Cruz in it would be nice.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Some stand-alone, out of continuity Superman projects. Even just one would do, though.
    Yes, some Black Label Superman project that isn't a DKR spin-off would be good. Mark Russell have said that the character he wants to write the most is Superman, DC should let him.

A Question book.

Morrison and Sharp will do The Green Lantern Season Three.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 08-09-2020 at 03:47 PM.

An all star Wonder woman team.

A Teen Titans book where the main drama isn't "the team is dysfunctional and people don't like each other."

Some prominent black led titles.

I'd love for them to announce that Vixen is finally getting a monthly, ongoing solo book and a slot on the roster of the flagship Justice League book.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

A release date for Wonder Woman: Historia

A new Titans relaunch that will hopefully be good

Black Label books not related to Batman, Joker and/or Harley. At least one of those to be a Superman book not tied to TDKR.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thought I would start a new thread on the impending DC FanDome event specifically to ask what COMIC BOOK NEWS fans would be keen on hearing at this event; the other thread on this event is VERY film and video game centric, so let's make this one all about the base that makes the very popular films, television and video games possible.

I'm hoping for the following:

1.) News about an upcoming JSA ongoing set in main continuity.

2.) An announcement about the return of Mark Waid and Alex Ross to DC.

3.) Clarification/more details about the upcoming event Endless Winter.

4.) Major announcements about a revamp of the Titans property.

5.) Ditto JLA.
    1. More Zoom/Ink/Kids/YA book news. Superman Smashes the Klan was the best thing I read this year, Batman Overdrive was pretty good, and I'm looking forward to Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge. I want to know what to look forward to next.

2. Black Label news. Hit and miss this line is, but I loved the Harleen book and if anything else of that quality is coming out it'll be coming out in this line, so give me!

3. One shots, minis, maxis, OGNs, etc. Earth One, Man and Superman, etc. Anything Elseworlds that wasn't covered by the first two news things I listed. Frankly I trust that I will get better stories here than for anything in continuity or any ongoing.

Some stand-alone, out of continuity Superman projects. Even just one would do, though.
    I think that's pretty likely. Black Label gave us Superman Year One, which wasn't good but was something. I know that the Zoom/Kids line gave us Superman of Smallville, and I can't recall if it's Kids or YA, but Superman Smashes the Klan is already being treated like a classic by us fans, so I'm sure that there's more Superman stuff on the way. How much will be good is anyone's guess, but I hope we'll get a goodie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, some Black Label Superman project that isn't a DKR spin-off would be good. Mark Russell have said that the character he wants to write the most is Superman, DC should let him.
    What has Mark Russell written before?
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think Black Lightning, Steel, Mister Terrific, Vixen, and depending on the whole Milestone thing Static Shock, are all ripe for some major pushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Black Label books not related to Batman, Joker and/or Harley. At least one of those to be a Superman book not tied to TDKR.
    Also likely, I remember that The Question got a Black Label title, and while not Black Label Wonder Woman Dead Earth seems much in that vein.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'm hoping some Black characters finally get some damn solo comics. Marvel just announced a US Agent comic and I don't get how they can keep giving any character a solo but DC still can't give Vixen or John ANYTHING. An Aqualad comic would be nice. KSD is leaving Aquaman and Aqualad can simply go straight back to limbo. A Bronze Tiger Black Label would be nice.

I still want that updated/merged timeline. That was probably the only comic thing I was looking forward to...

Titans/TT relaunch would be VERY nice. Ross just gave a little hint and immediately I'm excited. Even if it's not in continuity I would love to see him do a Titans comic. PLEASE BRING BACK THE NTT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I honestly don't think we'll get post death metal news yet. My hunch is that a actual relaunch won't happen till February and Endless Winter is a convergence/fill in event in Dec/Jan that gives DC time to properly launch after death metal ends and not do a relaunch during the holidays.
    This. Solicitations are already up till October and Metal still hasn't finished by then. We probably won't see anything till December or November. We may get a wack tease like how Endless Winter was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think that's pretty likely. Black Label gave us Superman Year One, which wasn't good but was something. I know that the Zoom/Kids line gave us Superman of Smallville, and I can't recall if it's Kids or YA, but Superman Smashes the Klan is already being treated like a classic by us fans, so I'm sure that there's more Superman stuff on the way. How much will be good is anyone's guess, but I hope we'll get a goodie.

What has Mark Russell written before?

I think Black Lightning, Steel, Mister Terrific, Vixen, and depending on the whole Milestone thing Static Shock, are all ripe for some major pushing.

Also likely, I remember that The Question got a Black Label title, and while not Black Label Wonder Woman Dead Earth seems much in that vein.
    Russel wrote Flintstones, Wonder Twins, and some of the digital Batman issues. He writes black comedy satire which I really enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'd love for them to announce that Vixen is finally getting a monthly, ongoing solo book and a slot on the roster of the flagship Justice League book.
    Would love to see Vita get that book, she’s on the DC Fandome list. Jeminsin would be great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    An all star Wonder woman team.

A Teen Titans book where the main drama isn't "the team is dysfunctional and people don't like each other."

They should definitely ask Gail Simone to write an ASWW.

I really hope Mr. Terrific gets either a solo or the Terrifics back, he’s the best part of Strange Adventures.
    I can almost guarantee that Waid has a Black Label Superman book in the works. I’d love a follow up to Birthright personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Russel wrote Flintstones, Wonder Twins, and some of the digital Batman issues. He writes black comedy satire which I really enjoy.
    Don't know if I like black comedy satire and Superman, but for a Black Label mini or one off I'd give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don't know if I like black comedy satire and Superman, but for a Black Label mini or one off I'd give it a try.
    His Wonder Twins is what I’d expect a Black Label Superman book to be like. Check that out if you’re curious, I like his Superman in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His Wonder Twins is what I’d expect a Black Label Superman book to be like. Check that out if you’re curious, I like his Superman in there.
    I might Google it. I only collect so many comics and I still have a lot of stuff I want to collect this year first.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Post-Death Metal relaunch news, new writers for Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl and Teen Titans, new ongoings for JSA, Green Arrow and Batwoman (hopefully), new writer for Superman (sorry, I don't like Bendis), news about Mark Waid's return to DC.
    It's definitely odd that Batwoman, Green Arrow, and Stargirl don't have comics right now. GA got cancelled a couple of years ago and the other two haven't had comics since before their TV shows started. You'd think properties they're using on TV would have a comic!

So yes, let's see news about those characters, and as you say, anyone else whose current title is ending soon - also, Flash will be running filler after the current arc and Justice League has been since Snyder finished, so those two are probably also due to relaunch.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-10-2020 at 04:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's definitely odd that Batwoman, Green Arrow, and Stargirl don't have comics right now. GA got cancelled a couple of years ago and the other two haven't had comics since before their TV shows started. You'd think properties they're using on TV would have a comic!

So yes, let's see news about those characters, and as you say, anyone else whose current title is ending soon - also, Flash will be running filler after the current arc and Justice League has been since Snyder finished, so those two are probably also due to relaunch.
    To be fair about green arrow, it's been hinted the book was waiting on event levithan to finish..but then that book got 6 more issues...and then it got delayed because of 5G not happening and needing story rewrites. So at this rate, we won't see the book launch till next year. Which is a shame, since I am guessing the story ends with a new agency forming by Talia and Oliver just working for them.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm hoping some Black characters finally get some damn solo comics. Marvel just announced a US Agent comic and I don't get how they can keep giving any character a solo but DC still can't give Vixen or John ANYTHING. An Aqualad comic would be nice. KSD is leaving Aquaman and Aqualad can simply go straight back to limbo. A Bronze Tiger Black Label would be nice.
    According to another thread the DC analysts at say flood the market with Batman. While Marvel is filled with incompetent folks who don't care about fans or comic book stores.
    And the trade market, tv shows and movie success does not matter.

Marvel is not settling that is the difference. Nor is anyone else. Minis and one shots are fine but the excuses have to stop. If Barbarella and Bettie Page can get books what is Dc's excuse for anyone with a tv show or hit movie?