Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    According to another thread the DC analysts at say flood the market with Batman. While Marvel is filled with incompetent folks who don't care about fans or comic book stores.
    And the trade market, tv shows and movie success does not matter.

Marvel is not settling that is the difference. Nor is anyone else. Minis and one shots are fine but the excuses have to stop. If Barbarella and Bettie Page can get books what is Dc's excuse for anyone with a tv show or hit movie?
    I think they’ve done a great job capitalizing on Miles and Kamala’s success, but I haven’t been happy at all with how Marvel has been handling BP’s movie success. Feels like they’ve completely blown the opportunity the movie gave them, same way DC blew WW’s movie success.

Coates first few trades have sold well, but the fact that we still haven’t gotten any news on a new BP creative team, and they’re not even publishing the remaining issues of Coates run, has me very unhappy. Of course I haven’t been very happy with Coates run as a whole aside from a few interesting ideas.
    Last edited by Vordan; 08-10-2020 at 03:13 PM.

Incredible Member

I'd like a start date for Tom King and Clay Mann's Batman/Catwoman series. Finally.

In light of all the layoffs this is gonna be an...interesting con.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I have a feeling we're going to get an explanation at FanDome for everything that's been going on.
    Assassinate Putin!

I'd like some news on if actual comic books will continue to exist now I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think they’ve done a great job capitalizing on Miles and Kamala’s success, but I haven’t been happy at all with how Marvel has been handling BP’s movie success. Feels like they’ve completely blown the opportunity the movie gave them, same way DC blew WW’s movie success.

Coates first few trades have sold well, but the fact that we still haven’t gotten any news on a new BP creative team, and they’re not even publishing the remaining issues of Coates run, has me very unhappy. Of course I haven’t been very happy with Coates run as a whole aside from a few interesting ideas.
    With, what? Three? Blade films...
    Marvel wasted that, too.

DC and Marvel both are just very short-sighted.

Wonder Woman should be much more prominent than she is.

They're afraid of putting the big talent on her because it'll pull away from Batman.
    They're always going to be that way.

"Oh, look! We can get Writer X!"
    "Wonder Woman's big right now... How about launching a second series with that writer?"
    "Hmmm... I think they'd be good on Batman!"
    "But... we already have a big writer on Batman..."
    "We can just make another Batman title!"
    "But... we already have ten... and only one Wonder Woman book..."
    "Batman sells! He's a perennial! Let's do this!!"
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    With, what? Three? Blade films...
    Marvel wasted that, too.
    And a live action tv show and anime one.

There's a "Surprise comic panel" at 5 PM. 20 minutes long so that's probably the best bet on future DCU info.

less Batman books and more people of color front and center (ideally in a ongoing); same as any con announcement.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    There's a "Surprise comic panel" at 5 PM. 20 minutes long so that's probably the best bet on future DCU info.
    That seems rather short. The usual panels at San Diego Comic Con would be at least an hour long.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I want to hear that Linda Danvers is coming back and going to appear in a book regularly.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I'm hoping for any new Titans book. Given how most of the characters are in limbo right now.

Pretty much ALL of them are now - both Young Justice and Teen Titans are cancelled. So yes, news about a replacement Titans or YJ book please!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I would love to see a casting announcement for Kaldur and lots of video game announcements like a Wonder Woman, Aquaman or green lantern game

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That seems rather short. The usual panels at San Diego Comic Con would be at least an hour long.
    Most of the panels are about that length. It's not live so there's no need for the usual theatrics.