Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Death of Captain Carrot

https://www.cbr.com/arthur-adams-cap...t-death-metal/

Would DC Comics rather kill off their funny-animal characters rather than use them for merchandising? It sure seems that way!

DC Comics has always seemed to have an unhealthy fascination with corpses on their covers. Not even children's characters are immune!

Astonishing Member

DC has reached levels of edge and stupidity I thought were impossible.

Yeah, I can't keep up with it myself! I love seeing the old 1940's World Finest Comics covers with images like Batman, Superman and Robin playing sports together. This cover is soooo bleak!

I do agree that Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew are tailor-made for animation and plushy toys.

But, DC never seems to know what gold it has in its vaults. If they had worked more closely with their parent company in getting Warner Movies made of their characters, we would have had a Books of Magic movie series starring Timothy Hunter a decade before anyone ever heard of Harry Potter.

With all the magical girls in Disney features and anime, where is the Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld movie series?

DC is very myopically focused on its superheroes, particularly anything Batman-related, to the exclusion of its other IP, that, while they may not have been smash hits in the comics world, might be more universally accepted by the general public as film and TV projects.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 08-09-2020 at 01:15 PM.

I agree! This is a terrible waste. The characters were designed by Scott Shaw! He worked for years at Hanna Barbera.

And yes, Timothy Hunter would have been great as a major character.

Of course, DC Comics stopped Jack Kirby from creating New Captain Marvel Comics from his home in California. C.C. Beck wanted to work with Jack. But DC needed to control it and gave it to their Superman staff instead. Can you imagine how much fun a Shazam comic from Kirby and C.C. Beck could have been? Bringing back Captain Marvel was Kirby's idea and he never got a dime from it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Cartoon physics will save him!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope so. He should just get right up and dust himself off like the coyote did in the RoadRunner cartoons.

Eh, I don't see any problem. Death doesn't mean much in comics, and less to the Multiverse. Only reason it seems bad is because they don't get any use elsewhere usually, so if you're a fan and this is all you're getting it sucks for you. But by now you should know that being a fan of the more obscure comic characters is a risky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Considering the sort of idolization Snyder has for Morrison, I'm confident that'll come into play. Anyone who thinks this'll either last or be 'serious grimdark' is selling it short.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/arthur-adams-cap...t-death-metal/

Would DC Comics rather kill off their funny-animal characters rather than use them for merchandising? It sure seems that way!

DC Comics has always seemed to have an unhealthy fascination with corpses on their covers. Not even children's characters are immune!
    That nauseates me.

Everybody loves the DC Multiverse and everybody loves Captain Carrot. DC isn't actually killing either of them, but they don't mind scaring us into thinking so to sell a couple of comics.

BANNED

Big deal. He will be back with the rest of the Multiverse. He whould have probably punched Perpetua and wounded her gravely before kicking the bucket like Supergirl most likely.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Big deal. He will be back with the rest of the Multiverse. He whould have probably punched Perpetua and wounded her gravely before kicking the bucket like Supergirl most likely.
    But, it's not rabbit season. It's bat season.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    I do agree that Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew are tailor-made for animation and plushy toys.

But, DC never seems to know what gold it has in its vaults. If they had worked more closely with their parent company in getting Warner Movies made of their characters, we would have had a Books of Magic movie series starring Timothy Hunter a decade before anyone ever heard of Harry Potter.

With all the magical girls in Disney features and anime, where is the Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld movie series?

DC is very myopically focused on its superheroes, particularly anything Batman-related, to the exclusion of its other IP, that, while they may not have been smash hits in the comics world, might be more universally accepted by the general public as film and TV projects.
    Now I want a Amethyst Batman team-up movie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    But, it's not rabbit season. It's bat season.
    What would you rather have to eat? Perpetua will naturally choose the tasty rabbit stew despite whatever season every time.