Incredible Member

Default Composite Origin Of Superman

My favorite “wishlist” story would be an Elseworlds story that presented a Superman origin story that brought together all the disparate threads from various origin stories. Include things like a back up story from 70s Superman comic that shows a member of the GLC , maybe Tomar Re, involved in the origin of Superman / destruction of Krypton narrative.

I’m sure there are many “Oh by the way, this also happened around the destruction of Krypton / origin of Superman” stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    My favorite “wishlist” story would be an Elseworlds story that presented a Superman origin story that brought together all the disparate threads from various origin stories. Include things like a back up story from 70s Superman comic that shows a member of the GLC , maybe Tomar Re, involved in the origin of Superman / destruction of Krypton narrative.

I’m sure there are many “Oh by the way, this also happened around the destruction of Krypton / origin of Superman” stories.
    Would that include stuff like Supermenace (created by duplicating Kal-El's rocket during its journey), the idea Superman lived a whole life in another dimension before being returned to infancy (100 YEARS…LOST, STRAYED OR STOLEN Action #370), or stuff like all the near duplicate origins he encountered (Hyperman, Marvel Man, Hal Kar, Kell Orr ...)

Incredible Member

Of course! Toss in anything that has been published in regular DC books, not Elseworlds stuff.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

DC will never do a true "everything counts" continuity. There's just too much contradictory stuff. Even Marvel can't fully do it and that has been their officially policy for over 50 years.
    Assassinate Putin!

I kind of already do this in my mind with my favorite origins. Mostly Birthright and Man and Superman, with some Morrison's Action (Lex shot Superman with a bullet train!), For All Seasons, American Alien (Clark pretending to be Bruce on a yacht getting drunk and punking Deathstroke).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I kind of already do this in my mind with my favorite origins. Mostly Birthright and Man and Superman, with some Morrison's Action (Lex shot Superman with a bullet train!), For All Seasons, American Alien (Clark pretending to be Bruce on a yacht getting drunk and punking Deathstroke).
    Yeah my “ideal” origin has bits and pieces from all the origin stories. Hell we still don’t even know what his origin story is right now right? The bare skeleton of Secret Origin I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah my “ideal” origin has bits and pieces from all the origin stories. Hell we still don’t even know what his origin story is right now right? The bare skeleton of Secret Origin I guess.
    The only thing I take from that is the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The only thing I take from that is the Legion.
    Wish DC has done the same... oh well.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I assume we're back to SO because of Johns coming back and Dido being out. But who knows. The Death Metal thing may get us yet another reboot. Which is a shame because it's the least popular of all of them but that's never stopped DC before.
    Assassinate Putin!