Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What would your Arrowverse look like?

If you were to rewrite the areowverse, what would it look like? What would happened in each season? Who would be the villain?

We'd have gotten a Batman show.
    We'd have gotten a good Superman show by (I have NO faith in the upcoming series)
    Wonder Woman show
    Aquaman show
    Better Flash show
    Green Lantern show
    A JL crossover every season

Astonishing Member

I'd have kept 90% of the first season of Arrow. The only major change would have been not to have the season end with The Undertaking's plan. Instead I'd have kept the list as a recurring part of the story. The plan The Endeavor had for Starling City wouldn't be fully revealed for a few seasons. Season one would end with Oliver discovering Malcolm's identity as the Dark Archer, but being unable to prove it. Viewers would learn that Moira was part of the conspiracy as well.

Oliver would expand his activities in Season Two to include other crimes with some episodes dealing directly with someone on the list, some being side effects of the search (criminal acts not related to The Undertaking but involving members of the conspiracy) and still others being things like Thea's addiction or Laurel's legal job bringing Ollie into conflict with criminals totally unconnected to the list. The "big bad" would still be Slade who is hired by Malcolm to eliminate both Oliver and a faction of disloyal Undertaking members.

One episode late in Season Two would have had Ollie and Diggle travelling to Central City to track down a name on the list. That would have replaced bringing Barry to Starling City and served as an introduction to the Flash characters prior to Barry gaining his speed. It'd be like episode Minus One of the Flash series.

That covers the first two years and gets us up to introducing spin-offs and other tentpoles of a TV DCU.

Arrowverse would've been:

A Green Arrow series, following more closely to the Grell run. With Black Canary as a supporting character.

A Bronze Tiger series, featuring Ben Turner as a reformed/deprogrammed former assassin wandering the country like Caine in Kung Fu while on the run from the League of Assassins.

A Question series, featuring both Vic Sage and Renee Montoya alternating the role.

A Nightwing series, featuring Dick in Bludhaven, with only mild references to Batman and Gotham.

A Huntress series, featuring Helena Bertinelli taking down the mob with info she collected from her father.

A Black Lightning/Jonni Thunder show, with the two of them opening a detective agency together.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

My Arrowverse:

The Atom- Would be a sci-fi about Professor Ray Palmer investigating time warps around Ivy Town caused by his nemesis Chronos, in the finale Ray gets fired from the university which would lead to, a season two adaption of The Sword of The Atom story line. Season three would be a quasi adaption of Dan Jurgen's Teen Titans which features a de-aged Ray Palmer as the leader. Season four Ray is back to correct age and was able to get his job back at the university where he begins to tutor a graduate student named Ryan Choi and ends with Ray passing the mantle to Ryan.

The Justice Society of America- but would build to it ala Marvel style:

These shows would run Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: 10 episode season of Jay Garrick as The Flash, 10 episode run of Alan Scott as Green Lantern, and a 10 episode run of Ted Grant as Wildcat. The 10th episode of each would be a 3 hour crossover event which would conclude their individual shows and begin The Justice Society. Which would eventually end with the opening fight we saw from Stargirl and I wouldn't touch that show because it's been amazing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I’d put someone like Greg Weisman in charge as overall showrunner and central planner. He did a fantastic job of creating a DC universe through Young Justice. If he was given a chance to do that with live action, I think we’d have a much better Arrowverse today.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Obviously have Oliver be more similar to the one in the comics.

Meaning hundreds of trick arrows, awesome stories with crazy twists, very little Batman influence etc...

The villains would be Shado, Merlyn, Vertigo, Damian Dhark, Deathstroke, Richard Dragon, Prometheus

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Depends how different to the one we got we're allowed to be.

My biggest problems with the Arrowverse are the fomulaic and melodramatic plot-points, the extreme decompression, and major deviations in characters' personalities from the comics.

Arrow had a lot of great elements-the island flashback, deathstroke, the first arc where he's killing corrupt billionaires and being framed. What I didn't like was the dead sister drama with Laurel, Felicity, the Merlyn/and Oliver's completel stoic personality. So I'd replace that with Dinah as a main character (crime-fighting couples are also surprisingly rare), a more gregarious Oliver, and a robin-hood theme that emphasizes Oliver's social justice goals. Ideally I'd also convert the format into a Daredevil-style character study.

This is how I'd have done it:

Green Arrow:

Season 1-Green Arrow Year One vs China White (either as a standalone or flashbacks as Oliver and Dinah uncover a corrupt Billionaire plot and fight Merlyn)
    Season 2- Oliver runs for Mayor but loses his company to Count Vertigo and retreats into the forrest as he's hunted by the city, and assembles his Merry Men from marginalized & poor people to combat the city's corrupt leadership. In comes Roy and Mia.
    Season 3: Oliver and Dinah move to Seattle and solve a lot of Grell-inspired plots. Dinah meets and trains with Wildcat. Emiko Queen appears.
    Season 4: Oliver battles the Yakuza and Merlyn and introduces Shado as Oliver's past lover. Conner Hawke is introduced.
    Season 5: Merlyn goes all-out on a personal vendetta against GA and his family. Big team battles to end the show.

Flash:

Season 1: Barry's Silver Age origin. He's dating Iris and knows young Wally. This season is all about the original Rogues teaming up for the first time.
    Season 2: Reverse Flash appears and torments Barry. Barry breaches multiverses for the first time and gets Jay's help to lock him up. Wally gets his powers at the end of the season. Barry builds the cosmic treadmill to get Reverse Flash back to his century.
    Season 3: Flash and Kid Flash battle a few B villains manipulated by Grodd, and help Solovar defeat him. The Rogues escape. Reverse Flash uses the treadmill to create Flashpoint.
    Season 4: Barry meets NuWally in Flashpoint and saves his mother, before travelling back. He kills Reverse Flash and goes through the Trial. He dies sacrificing himself to close a breach in the multiverse Reverse Flash had opened. Wally takes up the mantle. Linda and Chunk become mainstays.
    Season 5: 1st half, Wally reforms Piper and fights the new generation of Rogues during Rogue War. 2nd half, the Return of Barry Allen; Jay introduces Max Mercury and Johnny Quick.
    Season 6: Impulse joins the team. Zoom and Inertia are created. Linda gives birth to Twins.

Star Labs is up and active and a few supporting characters from the comics appear there, maybe even Palmer, but not Cisco or Caitlyn.

And yes if I was in charge of the Flash show, the entire villain gallery IQ needs a complete overhaul.

Most of the times the villains don't even have a plan, they just shoot at Flash or whatever and succeeds in taking him out, which is the laziest writing and complete BS.

I would rather have the villains come up with creative traps to defeat Flash rather than just "shooting at him with their powers"

I'd do away with the season-long villain thing all the shows do and instead take advantage of the mid-season breaks and treat it as sort of two mini-seasons.

Sometimes having a main villain for an entire season works, but mostly it just means they pad out and over-complicate the story just to stretch it out for an entire season. It would cut out a lot of the filler and allow them to focus the stories more.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't mind the franchise starting off with GA as long as characters like Superman and Batman are acknowledged as having already existed in that universe. Maybe some throw away line in the first season about Superman or Batman or something. Team ups later.

Flash was handled pretty much the way I would handle him. Other than the Earth 2 stuff which they spent too much time on.

Superman and Lois are married and have been for a while now. No kids. Sorry, but they really are two different species. Batman is off in Gotham and has no real relationship with any other heroes.

Black Canary was handled poorly. Dinah should have gotten to be the official BC but the backlash to her casting really seemed to create problems. That electronic thing that Sarah had? Dinah gets that. Sarah was indeed killed at sea.

Since we're starting off with a Green Arrow show, I'd say pretty much all the heroes make their first appearances on his show. Come up with some excuse for why GA would operate in Metropolis or Gotham and has a run in with the local hero.

Justice Society would exist on this Earth but most of them are dead, for obvious reasons. Jay is still alive so that he and Barry can interact.

Superman and Batman would eventually get their own shows. Interaction between heroes would be very limited. They would form a Justice League but it would meet maybe once a year for some giant crossover.

Other universes would be acknowledged but travel to them is not likely. The closest you would get might be a what if scenario where Ollie goes to a world where he didn't survive the boat crash. Or Barry goes to a world where his mother didn't die.
    Assassinate Putin!

Arrow: Oliver would be way closer to the comics, maybe in S1 he wouldn’t be much different, with all the island stuff still fresh. But after beating Meryln, or at least by the time he’s mayor start acting like his comic self. Completely different take on Laurel, no lawyer turned hero nonsense, leave that for Matt Murdock. Also I wouldn't have introduced Felicity.
    Constantine would get multiple seasons and wouldn't join the Legends. Eventually bring in characters like Deadman and Zatanna.
    Supergirl:I think it was probably for the best that there were different universes from the start. Allowed them to do worldbuiding at a pace that worked, acknowledging Batman and Superman later on when it made some sense to rather than off the bat. Anyway while far from my favorite arrowverse show, the only thing that comes to mind would be have Jimmy be played by the guy who played Wynn and have the other guy play steel.
    Flash: problem with that is they blew through too many ideas in S1. Instead Snart and the rogues would be the main villains of season 1, with Wells only being revealed as Eobard Thawne in the finale. RF would be the villain of S2, introducing Shipp as Garrick right off the bat instead of wasting time with an imposter. Season 3 would be Grodd taking the place of Savitar with Alchemy being his goon playing the same role he played for Savitar.
    Legends and Black Lightning stay the same. Maybe include Jeff in more of the earlier crossovers.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

-added after typing this up : wow this became very large, but I do really like these shows so I've thought about them a lot. no regrets-

Depends on the restrictions. For example, if allowed I would just do a Batman show instead of an Arrow show - but then it's not the Arrowverse. So I'll roll with the idea that the general show line ups are the same.

Arrow : In retrospect, the show was more good than bad (I enjoyed seasons 1, 2, 5, 6a, 7, & 8). But looking at the 'verse overall, Arrow's (over)-use of Batman villains really crippled other shows like Batwoman. Similarly, Supergirl took a lot of storylines that would've been good for a Superman show. So, first step is making Ollie less of a Batman substitute (I assume CW wasn't allowed to play with Batman at first - maybe not even now).

Island PTSD is a good reason to keep Ollie similar to the real life show, at least in season 1. Season 2 already had him angling for a "Lighter / Softer" approach - however I don't think they fully committed to it. I don't want to get rid of Caity Lotz - she's a treasure. But we have to get rid of Sara Lance in order to "fix" Laurel. In the real life show, we had three Black Canarys - I think that really spoke to the fact that the writers had no clue what to do with her.

So the "who is the black canary" plot still happens. But it's Laurel that has been moonlighting as a vigilante - having picked up the slack when Ollie went and brooded at the end of S1. She was already a verifiable badass in S1 - see the episode where she found off assassins with a shotgun. Everything afterwards (drunk Laurel, training with Wildcat, being the lightweight of the team) was pretty much in direct opposition to that. So she doesn't need any training here - she's equal to (or even better, if we're going comics accurate) than the Arrow.

from here it's easier to go by release year:

=2014-215=

Arrow S3 is where things start to change. We don't want to use Ra's al Ghul. It's too early for Prometheus as well. So we'll take Cayden James general shtick and give the first part of the season to The Calculator and Felicity. Second half can go to Doctor Light and a (loose) adaption of Identity Crisis (Ollie trying to skirt the letter of his no kill code). By the end of the season he agrees the no kill thing is not always the best option. Introduce Caity Lotz as Selina Kyle, some of Sara Lance's plots of "I'm tired of being evil".

Flash S1 - The season worked well in a bubble, but introduced a great many things that would become problematic later on. So this version has Barry raised by his grandpa, who died while he is in college. Joe is his work mentor but not his adoptive father. I would offload Felicity from Arrow onto The Flash. Not everyone works at STAR Labs - so that means in this version, Caitlin is a coworker of Iris's at the paper. Cisco & Wells work as is. Most of the general plot works as is.

CROSSOVER #1 - Not super keen on the real life crossover, but I don't have any better suggestions. I suppose maybe this would be when Felicity jumps shows.

==2015-2016==

Arrow S4, I'm not going to try and make up more shizz. Prometheus comes in early. Instead of Renee & Dinah we've got Roy & Laurel. Ultimately I don't think William had much beyond being a MacGuffin - I think instead we'll roll with Lian Harper being introduced in a similar way. It gives Roy more to do (making taking some of Renee's custody related storylines) and is more comics accurate.

Flash S2 we start to get changes. The Rogues get a much bigger plot. Not sure on the specifics, but classic bank robbers used state lines to avoid authorities (leading to the creation of the FBI). I want to go for that vibe with the Rogues jumping between Earth 1 and Earth 2, to avoid police in both. Of course, I don't want to lose Cold & Heatwave's (excellent) arcs on Legends. So we'll have Golden Glider leading the Rogues, trying to fill in her brothers shoes. Jay is not Zoom. Both are present and dangerous. Zoom & the Rogues get equal billing.

Supergirl S1 is mostly fine. I think ARGUS crippled the show in the long run, so here they are the Science Police we know and love from the comics.

Legends S1 some decent changes. Ray Palmer & Sara Lance are now replaced with Ted Kord & Selina Kyle, respectively but no big changes there. More focus given to basic time travel - reframe it slightly so that the Time Lords are the Big Bads / A Plot and Vandal Savage (or hell, even Ra's Al Ghul if you like) are the B Plot. Vandal's kids (Per Degaton & Scandal) get much more play so that he's a bit more fun to watch as well.

CROSSOVER #2 - I propose the Time Lords de-age our main heroes (Arrow, Flash, Catwoman, & Supergirl - who just met everyone) to their child versions, who still have to save the day. The child actor for The Flash & Supergirl at least are great and the former actually passed away recently . Think of it like that JL Action episode where something similar happened around Halloween. I almost think leaving Ollie as "teen" Ollie that's just Stephen Amell with a bad wig, haphazardly babysitting everyone else, to be kinda funny.

==2016-2017==

Arrow S5, why break what's not broken - Jail plot, Ninth Circle, & evil Emiko are as good as any.

The Flash S3 - bigger changes! We shift the release order of all the shows so that the first three episodes of the Flash can include characters from all other shows for Flashpoint. Supergirl / Kryptonians & Catwoman / League of Assassins replace the comics Wonder Woman / Amazons & Aquaman / Atlanteans. Blue Beetle takes Cyborg's role, Arrow replaces Batman. Outside of the crossover, we've got Doctor Light getting more play, NO SAVITAR, and Flashpoint!Captain Cold (just evil Cpt Cold here, not a good guy like Citizen Cold) transfers to the main timeline and becomes a villain. Barry foresees Cold killing Iris, even while Cold is dealing with dueling memories (Flashpoint as a bad guy, Legends as a good guy). Basically a meditation on nature vs nurture - did Cold get pushed to killing Iris by Barry's attempts to stop it? Perhaps go even further and tie this in with Killer Frost's turn (Iris's icy death being the source of the theory that Snart is evil). Caitlin goes at the end of the season.

Legends S2 - Miniscule changes. Nate Heywood is now Michael John Carter, AKA Booster Gold. The Captain Cold we see is not a time displaced Snart, but instead the Flashpoint Captain Cold who has just come off of a major arc in The Flash S3. Instead of getting killed, Snart escapes to a random Earth (to be seen again in Earth-X).

Supergirl S2 - Never saw it, apparently Mon-El is annoying, though. I guess make him less annoying or something? lol

CROSSOVER #3 - Alien invasion is fine with me. The musical episode also still happens - fight me.

==2017-2018==

Arrow S6 - Ahhh I ran out of ideas. Lets do an eight episode run - Hard Traveling Heroes. Show ends with Ollie retiring, John discovers a ring. Katie Cassidy seems keen to jump around so give her a few episode guest spot on each of the other shows.

Flash S4 - No changes, I loved it. However, Iris never quit being a reporter in this version.

Legends S3 - No changes, I loved it.

Supergirl S3 - I only saw the first part of S3, which was actually pretty good ("Supergirl dealing with PTSD"). I guess no changes, except maybe the Legion is explicitly an alternate timeline's Legends / Time Lords / Time Bureau (mainly just reuse the Waverider ship design).

Black Lightning S1 - No changes, I loved it.

CROSSOVER #4 - Crisis on Earth-X interrupting WestAllen wedding is fine with me. Snart is kind of the same Snart we've been seeing since Flash S1 (see above for context), so he finally gets closure between this and Legends S3. Yes, he's gay in this version.

==2018-2019==

Arrow S7 - Doesn't exist here, sorry to say.

Flash S5 - I liked the XS plot, but the Cicada plot was stupid. I suppose we move up the Mirror Master plot from real life's S6, mixed with XS's plot from real life S5.

Legends S4 - No changes, I loved it.

Supergirl S4 - I did see it. It's pretty narmy. But Lex was a lot of fun. Not sure what I would change. I suppose we'll give the fans what they want and make Supercorp canon.

Black Lightning S2 - never saw it, no changes. I do want a Flash crossover, though.

CROSSOVER #5 - My main idea for Elseworlds was already used in Crossover #2. So here I guess we will officially establish the Justice League. Black Lightning, Flash, Supergirl, Green Lantern, Black Canary, Catwoman, & Blue Beetle are all pulled to fight Starro. Maybe we put them into some gladiator fights against each other as they are mind controlled.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

(part two)

==2019-2020==

Arrow S8 - Not existing here, since I ended the show early.

Flash S6 - Bloodwork works well here (pun intended), since XS has been erased. I suppose for latter half of S6 we will go with Cobalt Blue (haven't had a speedster in a while so we've earned it). He's an interdimensional speedster hunter looking to steal the Flash's speed. Maybe he is an alternate of Eddie Thawne, with an end of season hook that perhaps his presence has brought Reverse Flash back into the timeline (unlike the real life show, Reverse Flash has remained absent since being erased from the timeline in Legends S2).

Black Lightning S3 - Never saw it, so no changes.

Supergirl S5 - Never saw it, but turning Lena evil seems stupid. Maybe turn Braniac 5 into Braniac 1, for a little fun.

Legends S5 - Loved it, no changes.

Batwoman S1 - Conclude the Alice plot pre-crossover, with her in jail. Second half of season we can play with a new villain. Since we didn't burn them all in Arrow cameos, maybe something like Gotham City Sirens? Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn could be a deadly duo here. Could also give some credence for a Catwoman (Caity Lotz here, remember) crossover, with plenty of sexual tension between the two - perhaps they know each other from back in the day. For god's sake, do not replace Kate Kane with some OC. If the main actress leaves, simply recast the role.

Stargirl S1 - No changes, I loved it.

CROSSOVER #6 - Crisis On Infinite Earths. Personally though the character balance was weird. However, I do not envy the job of juggling that many characters. Hopefully with all the Arrow related plots dropped, there will be more time for miscellaneous character interaction. Personally could've used the alternate Earth heroes joining in (outside of Routh's Superman) to be fun - Rachel Skarsten (badass actress) reprising Black Canary, maybe have some fun a do something fun & weird like making Manu Bennett into Aquaman, etc. '

Green Arrow & The Canaries - Like the cast. In this version it's pitched as Birds of Prey, same actresses but instead Julia Harkarvey plays Huntress & I suppose that leaves Kate McNamara as Oracle. Well, actually it would be a shame to lose her fighting chops. Kate can play Lady Blackhawk and we'll find an actual disabled actress to play Babs.

==2020-2021==

Nothing. Damn you COVID-19.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would establish Booster Gold and the Linear Men. There first order of business would be to show up at STARLabs and knock Barry around. They would hit him with some future tech that would strip him of the ability to ever time travel again. After that they would take over running the Legends. The Legends would still be doing there thing, but their new boss would be Booster.