Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Wolverine Annual, #1

ONE MONTH TO DIE!
    • A little Father/Adoptive Daughter/Adoptive Daughter's son time. Now that's a mouthful.
    • Wolverine and Jubilee take Shogo on a camping trip.
    • Hey, it's a Wolverine story in the middle of the wilderness. What could go wrong?

Full article here.

This is going to be awesome! Some proper Wolvie and Jubes interaction before the end with good dialogue. Shogo, like always, is cute as a button (baby haters can go suck it) and I love it that Jubes admits raising a baby isn't easy, a great role model for young mothers.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-14-2014 at 09:11 PM.

BANNED

Lol, that's cute.

Wolverine sounds like an ass, when referring to Jube's powers. But Jubilee totally kills it for me when she trolls Dazzler.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

It's just too cute for words... And I like how the writer is trying to capture both their individual and partnered histories and emotions. It's gonna be pretty sad to see Logan die... I hope that, after this, Jubilee gets some on panel reaction time to it. If not, this is still a nice last-minute tribute to my favorite duo.

Ok... Getting kinda sad now lol.

Kinda funny seeing Jubilee talking to Logan about mortality when the shoe is on the other foot and she herself is immortal.

BANNED

I find it kind of worried that Jubilee isn't a tad more worried and sympathetic for Logan given her immortal powers and what's happen to her.

Very nice preveiew. I don't usually read Logan's solo adventures but this Annual seems nice. Wonder what we'll get out of their final meeting. Hope the rest won't be spoiled. As for her not being too compassionate - would you like her to be all "you poor thing..." etc? I think he himself wouldn't like it. And remembering their long time relationship, I think the roles changed, not just the mortality factor. Who needs whom more now? And, she's got Shogo to take care. She was Logan's "adoptive child", now she has her own. I think this shows some growth as a character. Hope the story is good.

Great preview. A very sweet moment between Wolverine, Jubilee, Shogo, and poopy diapers. With Wolverine's death looming, I like that he's getting a few more personal stories. He's got some romantic drama going with Storm in both her solo series and Wolverine and the X-men. He's also got this going with Jubilee. Given their history, I think it's fitting to have at least one more major story with them. I wish there would be one with X-23, but that might be asking for a bit too much at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Not sure about the art, but that story already has me hooked.
    I'm hoping for a lot more personal conversation and a lot less trying to survive the wilderness from this issue.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Arts not the best. Story wise awesome. The writer gets the duo right imo.
    X-Men Forever

This will be the first Wolverine story I have been looking forward to reading in months.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I find it kind of worried that Jubilee isn't a tad more worried and sympathetic for Logan given her immortal powers and what's happen to her.
    I agree with jdtennesse if Jubes was to get all "awww you poor thing", Logan would find it pretty weird - this is way more in keeping with their traditional relationship - Jubes bitched at him for his macho attitude across Australia and from one side of Madripoor to the other. She's not going to let him feel sorry for himself, just like he told her to buck-up and suck it up when Yana died. They have a habit of calling each other on their ****, it's what makes Logan's relationship with Jubes unique. They know they love each other, but they've always been pretty snarky with each other.

I like this - it shows Elliott Kalan did his research and gets this relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    It's just too cute for words... And I like how the writer is trying to capture both their individual and partnered histories and emotions. It's gonna be pretty sad to see Logan die... I hope that, after this, Jubilee gets some on panel reaction time to it. If not, this is still a nice last-minute tribute to my favorite duo.

Ok... Getting kinda sad now lol.
    *Hugs*

We're going to get through this together.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-15-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Wolverines aren't even related to wolves and yet Marvel is always shoehorning this. BTW, why the Marks couldn't draw Logan's hair like Nguyen did instead of that 70's look?

Quote Originally Posted by Torch.7 View Post
    Wolverines aren't even related to wolves and yet Marvel is always shoehorning this. BTW, why the Marks couldn't draw Logan's hair like Nguyen did instead of that 70's look?
    He isn't, but it's a great visual and plays well with the whole lone wolf thing he has or had going.

And come on - you kinda have to love the return of the classic weird Wolvie hair - it's just so cute. I'm still wondering after all these years how he gets it to stay like that. Maybe he was born with it...maybe it's Maybeline?

I've always wondered how Wolverine fans feel about his firecracker sidekick - does it put to much of dent in his tough guy persona?
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-17-2014 at 09:21 AM.