Spectacular Member

Default Rotating Door of Artists

Why does ASM have such a rotating door of artists? Seems like every 2-3 books they have someone new on the pencils. UGH!

Do you know how long it takes to connect all those weblines on his costume?

Not to be rude, but...why make a whole thread on this???

In any case, there's a lot that we don't know about the behind the scenes process of this book. While yes, it's certainly annoying to find a different artist each book, notice how ASM is the one title that has *never* been late, as well as consistently double ship at least since 2008. That's a lot of pressure and time and energy to make sure the flagship book doesn't lose steam, which means artists cannot be late/slow when it comes to the work. As much of a bummer as that makes it for us, it's a heck of a lot easier than waiting two, three months for the next issue because it was delayed. Does that help?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Not to be rude, but...why make a whole thread on this???

In any case, there's a lot that we don't know about the behind the scenes process of this book. While yes, it's certainly annoying to find a different artist each book, notice how ASM is the one title that has *never* been late, as well as consistently double ship at least since 2008. That's a lot of pressure and time and energy to make sure the flagship book doesn't lose steam, which means artists cannot be late/slow when it comes to the work. As much of a bummer as that makes it for us, it's a heck of a lot easier than waiting two, three months for the next issue because it was delayed. Does that help?
    Cuz my wife won't give a damn if i rant to her about it, so I thought I would share with like-minded individuals

I do miss the days of a long uninterrupted artistic run on Amazing Spider-Man but these days it doesn't seem like a likely thing when it's double shipping and trying to come out on time always. If it was monthly I think Ryan Ottley would probably have no issues making it out on time looking at his schedule and long run on Invincible. He's had a pretty decent amount of issues through this whole run so far at least, especially compared to the amounts of issues others in the rotation have had to do comparatively.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I was under the impression that Gleason was the new ongoing artist?

When he did monthlies for Batman & Robin it was very rare that an issue was delayed

A book shipping monthly changes everything. I don't think people realize how hard it is to make that schedule work consistently for a book. Having several artists take the baton when the main artist needs back-up is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I was under the impression that Gleason was the new ongoing artist?

When he did monthlies for Batman & Robin it was very rare that an issue was delayed
    Gleason was part of the rotating art team, but Ryan Ottley is the main artist (technically).

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    A book shipping monthly changes everything. I don't think people realize how hard it is to make that schedule work consistently for a book. Having several artists take the baton when the main artist needs back-up is inevitable.
    And this is a twice-monthly title (and sometimes more than twice-monthly with various tie-ins.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets