Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Layoffs at DC?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    In Stargirl, there are 2 JSAs: the dead JSA and the adolescent JSA. I agree that the teenagers could become very popular. (I will miss Alan Scott, Jay Garrick and Ted Grant because I have known them for so long.)
    There's no reason to get rid of Alan, Jay, or Ted in the comics, or any other characters on the the team not featured in the tv show or the rumored Black Adam movie. They might treat the characters currently featured in the show and movie as main characters or leads, while the rest of the team may be relegated to more supporting roles, but there's no reason for them to completely purge the team in the comics of characters not being currently featured in adaptations. You're presuming a very myopic and limited viewpoint of which characters they're willing to promote and develop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    There's no reason to get rid of Alan, Jay, or Ted in the comics, or any other characters on the the team not featured in the tv show or the rumored Black Adam movie. They might treat the characters currently featured in the show and movie as main characters or leads, while the rest of the team may be relegated to more supporting roles, but there's no reason for them to completely purge the team in the comics of characters not being currently featured in adaptations. You're presuming a very myopic and limited viewpoint of which characters they're willing to promote and develop.
    Am I?

I’m think of merchandising: coloring books, Underoos, t-shrits, toys and etcetera.

Imagine a t-shirt with Alan Scott and Jay Garrick on it.

We see Green Lantern and Flash.

Young people see two old men in bad/strange costumes.

Astonishing Member

Even DC Fandome seems to focus more on OGN:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/neil...comics-panels/

For example, there is a panel for Wonder Woman, but the writers mentioned are from her OGNs. Not mention to her current monthly.

The only exception seems to be Batman, where they will speak about the Joker War. And Death Metal.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-14-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Ha, so not only does that merchandise exist, millions of viewers have seen it on The Big Bang Theory.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

For example, there is a panel for Wonder Woman, but the writers mentioned are from her OGNs. Not mention to her current monthly.

The only exception seems to be Batman, where they will speak about the Joker War. And Death Metal.
    Of course.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

I think a lot of characters are going to be relegated to OGN’s. Even popular ones

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ha, so not only does that merchandise exist, millions of viewers have seen it on The Big Bang Theory.
    Yup. I don't have time to dig up more but there are plenty of JSA merch. Not everything is aimed at kids. Especially comic book merch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think a lot of characters are going to be relegated to OGN’s. Even popular ones
    To be fair, DC seems to want to focus on OGN. So, the characters won't really be relegated if they end up in a OGN.

It is pretty likely the monthly floppies comic end up being relegated.

Extraordinary Member

Tom Taylor is also doing a panel, talking about DCeased, Injustice and Suicide Squad.

There are only so many people that get involved in these things, some people may have just been not available, and no offense but there is nothing new to hype about the current Wonder Woman run, whereas these other projects are legit new and exciting and introduce new voices to the scene.

So the cancellations so far:

Hawkman
    Young Justice
    Teen Titans
    Hellblazer
    Suicide Squad

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    So the cancellations so far:

Hawkman
    Young Justice
    Teen Titans
    Hellblazer
    Suicide Squad
    Where do you read about these cancellations?

To be clear, cancellations in November aren't related to the layoff (at least, not directly).

These cancellations would happen even if the layoff didn't happen.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-14-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Am I?

I’m think of merchandising: coloring books, Underoos, t-shrits, toys and etcetera.

Imagine a t-shirt with Alan Scott and Jay Garrick on it.

We see Green Lantern and Flash.

Young people see two old men in bad/strange costumes.
    Visit some of these custom clothing websites.

Now these are official ones below
    Here is another Alan Scott shirt
    https://www.80stees.com/products/ala...comics-t-shirt

Even the Blue and Red Lanterns have shirts.

Jay too
    https://www.80stees.com/products/ala...garrick&page=1

Black Lightning
    https://www.80stees.com/products/bla...comics-t-shirt

Cyborg got 4 of them.

The issue for DC is how far out of the box will they go. Are they going to be reactive or proactive.

Does Black Panther 2 & Into Spiderverse 2 (which they re working on NOW) have to come out before a black hero lead film or investment in one for a film has to start? That person should have already been chosen after Black Panther made a billion.
    Right now we don't have a LGBTQA lead hero film. Batwoman and Midnighter are ready. Don't let Marvel toss out Hulking.

Extraordinary Member

Not remotely surprised with those books. Titans and younger generation team books feel like they are there just because they always have been.

Sucks for Hellblazer.

Hawkman I get. He’s a name so they try to make him work but it seems directionless.

Suicide Squad is a blow

Extraordinary Member

Where do you read about these cancellations?

To be clear, cancellations in November aren't related to the layoff (at least, not directly).

The se cancellatioms would happen even if the layoff didn't happen.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-cancel...kman-and-more/