Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Are there plans for a huge deluxe or omnibus collection of the Reckless series?

https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/new...ss-adaptation/

I thought it was a joke answer but I'd be open to it. I thought Stan would also be good for Tracy if they ever do Lawless.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-24-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/amp/new...ss-adaptation/

I thought it was a joke answer but I'd be open to it. I thought Stan would also be good for Tracy if they ever do Lawless.
    I think Chris Evans fits the role better. The character is a Robert Redford type.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Chris Evans fits the role better. The character is a Robert Redford type.
    It would be a good career move for him. It would help him shake off typecasting etc.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-24-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Finally had a chance to sit down and read Destroy All Monsters tonight. I absolutely adore this series, and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite of the three volumes so far, but this one might be it. The story of Ethan and Anna's friendship just gave this one an added dimension that sucked me in even more. I've been on the Brubaker-Phillips train since the first issue of Criminal came out from Icon (and went back to read all the Sleepless stuff before Fatale came out), and its just absolutely refreshing that thei collaboration just keeps getting better and better and is still producing such enjoyable stuff.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Finally had a chance to sit down and read Destroy All Monsters tonight. I absolutely adore this series, and I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite of the three volumes so far, but this one might be it. The story of Ethan and Anna's friendship just gave this one an added dimension that sucked me in even more. I've been on the Brubaker-Phillips train since the first issue of Criminal came out from Icon (and went back to read all the Sleepless stuff before Fatale came out), and its just absolutely refreshing that thei collaboration just keeps getting better and better and is still producing such enjoyable stuff.

-M
    Definitely a great series. I finished Destroy All Monsters and like the others it was really strong. That ending was definitely a twist I didn’t see coming and hope we get further developments with.

The first one is still my favorite!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I just read Friend of the Devil. (I know, I'm behind) Another excellent story, but it was darker than I was expecting. I know these are all Noir, but it was extra-Noir.
    Wonder what everyone thinks about Jacob Phillips' colors. I don't think he isn't talented (I enjoy his art on Texas Moon) and his palette is fine. But I sometimes find his use of strange swaths of color that don't correspond with the art to be distracting.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Amazing Member

Pulp: The Process Edition
    The ultimate behind-the-scenes art book for all Brubaker and Phillips fans is finally here. See how the multiple award-winning creative team makes a graphic novel, from start to finish. Reproducing everything from Ed Brubaker's notebook entries about the Eisner Winning Best Graphic Novel PULP, to the script and Phillips breakdowns and pencils, to the final edited and polished book itself, in full color. See what the book started out as, what was changed in the final version before print, and go deep into Brubaker and Phillips's process.
    A beautifully designed oversized hardback, the PULP Process edition has everything a collector will want, including the full graphic novel itself, reproduced for the first time larger than comic size. A must-have for any hardcore Brubaker and Phillips fan.

Amazing Member

Absolutely love this cover for Reckless #5

sVn9Bz4DutUh7zMRTTQOUOIMn4lNIWoVSV9UDvN6gi8.jpg

According to his Newsletter, Brubaker is working on adaptation of one of his books with an actor attached. Which seems like Reckless and Sebastian Stan. I'm hoping it'd Scene of the Crime tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-08-2022 at 05:49 PM.

Reckless volume 4 "The Ghost in You" comes out today.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Out of interest, what would you guys say is the best works from Brubaker and Phillips?

Amazing Member

Their Criminal series is obviously fantastic. But the arc that really stands out for me in that series is The Last of the Innocent. Brilliantly written. Top notch artwork. A complete unflinching and uncompromising decent into the darkness that can inhabit a soul. How far will one man go to get what he desires?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Out of interest, what would you guys say is the best works from Brubaker and Phillips?
    The Fade Out for me.

I love most and at least like them all, but off the top of my head I would go in the following order...

Criminal
    Reckless
    Fatale
    Pulp
    The Fade Out
    Sleeper
    Kill or Be Killed

I haven't read Incognito yet.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato