Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Hey Mr. Phillips,

Any plans to reprint the hardcovers of Incognito, Fatale, and Kill or Be Killed?

Just received Reckless v2 in the mail, can't wait to dive in. Keep up the good work.

No, sorry. It's just too expensive.

Recently I purchased, Reckless and I read it in one sitting. What a fun book! Can't wait to pick up the next book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanphillips View Post
    No, sorry. It's just too expensive.
    Ah damn, sorry to hear that.
    Thank you for responding. I'll look forward to every new thing you guys put out.

Amazing Member

Finished Friend of the Devil and enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked it more than the first one. Part of my problem with the first one (which I enjoyed a lot) is it felt like Ethan just blundered into every situation without really knowing what the hell was going on and ended up getting all the answers given to him. But I guess that was kind of the point, he was blinded by a very personal rage and wanted revenge. I liked that Ethan actually investigated things and talked to people and discovered clues and put the pieces together. Looking forward to the next one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/filmsch...rubaker/%3famp

Someone pitched a Reckless adaptation.

Honestly?

I'm always kinda stunned that two out of three B/P properties have not already been adapted.

Picked up a copy of Friend of the Devil at my lcs earlier this week but didn't have a chance to crack it open and read it until this evening. I really dug the first volume, and I liked this one even more. Superbly executed and an engrossing read. Cracked open the book and was totally absorbed until I turned the final page. Can't wait until October to get the next volume.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I don't buy many 'hard-cover' comics, heh: comics books. I'm sure glad I'm buying these.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

So I've tried to look up reading orders on Google for this to no luck or I'm confused. Can some one post the criminal reading order please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    So I've tried to look up reading orders on Google for this to no luck or I'm confused. Can some one post the criminal reading order please.
    So for the first 7 volumes, it's Volume 1, 2, 5 and then the OGN "all my heroes were Junkies". That's the stories in the present.

Volume 3, 4, 7 are prequels to the above. Volume 6 is a sidestory that doesn't really connect. There are cameos from the other characters but they don't really imply a time frame with the other stories.

I believe the 2019 run are flashback arcs to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    So for the first 7 volumes, it's Volume 1, 2, 5 and then the OGN "all my heroes were Junkies". That's the stories in the present.

Volume 3, 4, 7 are prequels to the above. Volume 6 is a sidestory that doesn't really connect. There are cameos from the other characters but they don't really imply a time frame with the other stories.

I believe the 2019 run are flashback arcs to the above.
    Honestly...

A hard and fast "A/B/C/D..." reading order is kinda tough in that the above is the case.

While it roughly lays out a logical order, there is a lot of the later "Taking Place In The Past..." volumes being referenced in the stories that are taking place in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly...

A hard and fast "A/B/C/D..." reading order is kinda tough in that the above is the case.

While it roughly lays out a logical order, there is a lot of the later "Taking Place In The Past..." volumes being referenced in the stories that are taking place in the here and now.
    The stories tend to work on their own so I wouldn't stress the reading order.

Yep.

If someone isn't a particularly big "Big Picture..." person?

Most of the stuff works pretty well anyway.