Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Sabretooth X Monet, one true pairing

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

It's also filler that Bunn said was just to kill time until Hickman was ready.

The relationship never got any true development or depth, and we see how it was dropped with no closure on 2 occasions.

I enjoyed the pairing when Bunn wrote it. But being objective, it never really went anywhere and many couldn't even tell it was supposed to be a pairing. If Bunn hadn't said on that they were romantically involved and loved each other, then the opposite could be argued by many.

Far as things go, Monet will probably get her ships with Darwin, Synch, Madrox, or Strong Guy revisited. I hope to God it's Synch and not any of those other dudes. Or anyone new, long as it's not Wolverine. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-16-2020 at 06:36 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sabretooth X Monet, one true pairing
    When Birdy is resurrected I wonder how she will react to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I fairly sure Debrii (Deborah Fields) has not been classified as being a mutant.
    Nahom pretty sure she said she was a mutant in one of the Initiative titles
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Has she been in anything X-related often? I honestly had to look her up to see who she was.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Has she been in anything X-related often? I honestly had to look her up to see who she was.
    There are innumerable mutants not associated with an X
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I thought comic fans were in general agreement that movie/comics synergy is just a bad idea. Moviegoers are just getting to know the characters, comic fans want something that feels different.

Marvel Now was so refreshing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I literally went through the entire Initiative run and found no reference to Deborah Fields being mentioned to be a mutant.

During the Age of X story arc -- But, it's been question if that particular female character was Deborah Fields or Idie Okonkwo.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You can "Highlight" diversity AND make good characters. Quotas don't go well because they don't hire the talent or make the effort to bring in knowledgeable people. EFFORT plays a big part which is why when they were done again on young justice
    And? Is your argument that the publishers should only hire people who can do that? You call it effort, but is that actually the #1 thing that a publisher would choose writers based on?

It's also filler that Bunn said was just to kill time until Hickman was ready.

The relationship never got any true development or depth, and we see how it was dropped with no closure on 2 occasions.

I enjoyed the pairing when Bunn wrote it. But being objective, it never really went anywhere and many couldn't even tell it was supposed to be a pairing. If Bunn hadn't said on that they were romantically involved and loved each other, then the opposite could be argued by many.

Far as things go, Monet will probably get her ships with Darwin, Synch, Madrox, or Strong Guy revisited. I hope to God it's Synch and not any of those other dudes. Or anyone new, long as it's not Wolverine. lol
    I don't even know if I want Monet x Synch to be together again (M-Spot 4ever) but I want to see that reunion so badly.

CeCe Reyes is Puerto Rican and M is of mixed descent. Those are facts straight out of the comics. Are they still considered black? I could say they're women of color but I personally wouldn't call them black.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    CeCe Reyes is Puerto Rican and M is of mixed descent. Those are facts straight out of the comics. Are they still considered black? I could say they're women of color but I personally wouldn't call them black.
    This topic was covered some pages back.

Also Puerto Rican isn't a race. It's a Nationality which means people with citizenship in Puerto Rico. If a black person is American, are they not black? lol Same concept. Black people are everywhere, even in Asia.

Nationality & Culture have to stop being mixed up as races. That would lessen a lot of unneeded controversy. Like people trying to label Lucy x Ricky as the 1st interracial couple on tv. They weren't. That was Tom x Helen.

Also, as noted some pages back, plenty of people are of mixed descent given days of slavery & owners having kids with slaves. Everyone has a different race somewhere in their family.

One example I used pages back. WWE Wrestler, Undertaker has Native American heritage on his father's side and his father is kinda dark in complexion. But in the end, he's white. That's the portion of his family he took after.
    15.jpg
    May 5c.jpg
    April 23 (7).jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-16-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Okay your right about CeCe a good amount of the Puerto Ricans I know are Hispanic. With the last name Reyes she could also be bi racial but she doesn't identify as being a "sister". She made that clear around her fist appearance.

Ultimate Member

This topic was covered some pages back.

Also Puerto Rican isn't a race. It's a Nationality which means people with citizenship in Puerto Rico. If a black person is American, are they not black? lol Same concept. Black people are everywhere, even in Asia.

Nationality & Culture have to stop being mixed up as races. That would lessen a lot of unneeded controversy. Like people trying to label Lucy x Ricky as the 1st interracial couple on tv. They weren't. That was Tom x Helen.

Also, as noted some pages back, plenty of people are of mixed descent given days of slavery & owners having kids with slaves. Everyone has a different race somewhere in their family.

One example I used pages back. WWE Wrestler, Undertaker has Native American heritage on his father's side and his father is kinda dark in complexion. But in the end, he's white. That's the portion of his family he took after.
    15.jpg
    May 5c.jpg
    April 23 (7).jpg
    Don't forget Macho Man & The Genius.

Mom was Puerto Rican. Yet you heard more about Dad's side before both went to the WWE.

You could see it more in Randy than Lanny.

M has never identified as a black woman yet to my knowledge not that I care either way. I still love the character. Everybody always says she is being whitewashed but it almost seems to be the other way around.