Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That could be a problem as well. If there is a rotating cast of characters running in and out, not much of a chance for anyone one person to catch on.

But, if the other satellite titles can maintain consistent sales along with good stories, there's a good opportunity to push a Black female mutant. I'm partial to Frenzy myself.

I think they should make her a part of Brand's new cosmic team.
    shes confirmed my friend, joanna is part of sword now! she even has a cutest new costume!
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 03:26 PM.

BANNED

Look at her !!! <3 <3 <3
    Fancy, pratical yet very composed and dignified, simple but elegant

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

Look at her !!! <3 <3 <3
    Fancy, pratical yet very composed and dignified, simple but elegant
    Very nice!

Imo, this is the way to go for some of the other mutant poc. Branch out into other titles and with different teams. It gives them more exposure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Very nice!

Imo, this is the way to go for some of the other mutant poc. Branch out into other titles and with different teams. It gives them more exposure.
    joanna is a military trained woman, disciplined, serious and as a hero: honorable, shes perfect for this role

joanna is a military trained woman, disciplined, serious and as a hero: honorable, shes perfect for this role
    I've always seen Frenzy as vicious, sociopathic, and willing to gleefully murder for the highest bidder/latest cult leader. Justice For Sharon Friedlander!!! But I'll still give her a chance in S.W.⨂.R.D. since the Carey stories did nothing to endear or redeem her in my eyes, and that man can write!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I feel like Bei may be a woman too after all, and a twitter user made a very interesting and detailed thread on the refences behind isca's design that pepe larraz also states again on this concept page.

the thread link:
    https://twitter.com/ororoswind/statu...01204833648641

So... The X-Men are beating up on the African bad guys. That could be problematic.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    So... The X-Men are beating up on the African bad guys. That could be problematic.
    Please, explain Why?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Mutant villains aren't a thing anymore, and it's beyond likely the bigger evil that split the islands in the first place is part to blame for their current antagonism and the trauma of their struggle in a horrible and dark world like amenth, after this story its beyond likely theyll reconect the two cultures.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-26-2020 at 11:49 AM.

The Evil Bad Guys Who Cavort With Demons And Want To Murder Our Heroes all have African-based iconography. The Krakoans will effectively be beating up [conquering?] several African cultures. I don't think that's a good meta-message.

Mutant villains aren't a thing anymore, and it's beyond likely the bigger evil that split the islands in the first place is part to blame for their current antagonism and the trauma of their struggle in a horrible and dark world like amenth, after this story its beyond likely theyll reconect the two cultures.
    I'm sure there will be more nuance than just the usual connotations of African cultures being backwards and involved with literal and metaphysical darkness. Arakkoans and Krakoans coming together once this is all over would be the right move, especially since the current era is defined by mutant [ahem] brotherhood.

BANNED

The Evil Bad Guys Who Cavort With Demons And Want To Murder Our Heroes all have African-based iconography. The Krakoans will effectively be beating up [conquering?] several African cultures. I don't think that's a good meta-message.
    Yeah but meta normally needs a tad bit more context, you need consider too that the summoner is the arrakoan we have spent the most time with and he looks the way he does and he did what he did.

But we know they aren't mindless monsters, they are given some context to their anger, they saved the world from amenth and then spent thousands of years in a endless war in a dark fallen world without any help, abandoned.
    I'm sure there's more to it I know it but even at the very start it shows depth.

And even then magik cohorted with demons and brian spent 5 issues corrupted by the magic of morgan that's comfirmed to be related to amenth, I understand the feeling but perhaps it's good to wait for the rest of their story.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-26-2020 at 12:07 PM.

BANNED

I'm sure there will be more nuance than just the usual connotations of African cultures being backwards and involved with literal and metaphysical darkness. Arakkoans and Krakoans coming together once this is all over would be the right move, especially since the current era is defined by mutant [ahem] brotherhood.
    I mean genesis "light form" is clearly african inspired too and she's the clear primadonna of the arrakoans, these mutants aren't inheritly evil they are ancient and powerfull but obviously their noble origin has been twisted by darkness that they didn't seek out, even in their dialogue they seem bitter and abandoned by their once patriach apocalypse.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-26-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh. Okies.
    But you may consider...since it's specifically Egyptian iconography (not representative of all/several African cultures) wrapped up in Biblical Mythology the "meta-message" might not really exist, except as you personally see it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm sure there will be more nuance to it but I still see the good X-Men et al versus the Africa-themed bad guys initially. *shrugs* I hope it plays out far more critically than that.