Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

I do feel that editorial needs to be more strict with skin coloring! This lightening problem has impacted several books and it's unacceptable! I just did a search on Rhodey and Carol Danvers and you can see some distinct differences between artists that is actually concerning!

This one is using proper coloring for the characters:

Then this one makes Rhodey look like a ghost because of lighting? Seriously this is actually kind of bad!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sean Cassidy. They're teacher.
    Banshee was looking like a damn snack that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I do feel that editorial needs to be more strict with skin coloring! This lightening problem has impacted several books and it's unacceptable! I just did a search on Rhodey and Carol Danvers and you can see some distinct differences between artists that is actually concerning!

This one is using proper coloring for the characters:

Then this one makes Rhodey look like a ghost because of lighting? Seriously this is actually kind of bad!
    They are clearly in bright morning light. Carol is way lighter too. I wish this thread would have remained on topic.

Murmur, Lightbright, Debri, Nekra, Tempo, Goblyn, Pathway, Silhouette, Angel Salvator all have potential to be showcased in a book or on Krakoa. All existing black mutants. No one discussing that.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-23-2020 at 06:24 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I want Shola Inkose back, he's been gone for ages, I want him back! I loved Mekanix because it was just the three of them, Kitty, Xi'an, and Shola all in college and having to deal with anti-mutant extremists on campus!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No it's not as the Nubians are an ethnic group WITHIN Egypt and I think the Berbs are another one....I think ....lol
    I mean the people of the Old Kingdom. The race the Pharoahs who build the Pyramids of Giza came from. They didn't die out... yet. But they weren't Berbers or Nubians.
    I don't think it is now....since this is a genetic breakdown of the pop.
    Attachment 100027
    Hmm that chart has "Northern African" and doesn't specify which types. It's kind of a catchall that includes Berbers(aka Amazigh), and Nubians.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I mean the people of the Old Kingdom. The race the Pharoahs who build the Pyramids of Giza came from. They didn't die out... yet. But they weren't Berbers or Nubians.
    Some researches have been made:
    Genetic analysis reveals a close relationship with Middle Easterners, not central Africans.

I always wonder where these Ancient Egyptians have gone, their culture was so different from the one of the people of actual Egypt…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

nevermind 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Some researches have been made:
    Genetic analysis reveals a close relationship with Middle Easterners, not central Africans.

I always wonder where these Ancient Egyptians have gone, their culture was so different from the one of the people of modern Egypt…
    I'd say a mix of getting wiped out in wars and intermarriage. The height of their power was over 2 thousand years ago. If not for people keeping their language as a liturgical language no one would even be able to read Hieroglyphs today. Yeah... the common language of Egypt is Arabic now. The Rosetta Stone dates from a time when Greece had started to dominate their culture. (Which is the time period that Cleopatra was born into) Even the liturgical Coptic is written using GREEK letters and not Hieroglyphs. Then later the Greeks left.

Here's a coin from modern Egypt:

Yeah, that's Arabic writing.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    They are clearly in bright morning light. Carol is way lighter too. I wish this thread would have remained on topic.
    But Carol isn't in any danger of getting her whiteness snatched...

TMurmur, Lightbright, Debri, Nekra, Tempo, Goblyn, Pathway, Silhouette, Angel Salvator all have potential to be showcased in a book or on Krakoa. All existing black mutants. No one discussing that.
    i don;t think anyone is stopping the discussion....go right ahead. Perhaps start a compelling talk instead of complaining about one youre not interested in rwould prove more fruitful
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Also worth noting her skin is still Caucasian. The light didn't make her Domino's color. So that's no excuse for brown to become Michael Jackson white under light. Lol

BANNED

i don;t think anyone is stopping the discussion....go right ahead. Perhaps start a compelling talk instead of complaining about one youre not interested in rwould prove more fruitful
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Also worth noting her skin is still Caucasian. The light didn't make her Domino's color. So that's no excuse for brown to become Michael Jackson white under light. Lol
    Ironically, we have yet to see any white characters darkened to the point of being black or brown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ironically, we have yet to see any white characters darkened to the point of being black or brown.
    Isn’t that what happened to Locus?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Except for this confusing pic -- when Rayna Piper first appeared out of uniform she had dark skin... Is she's wearing a mask here?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-24-2020 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    And Mach 5. And Andromeda.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

And Mach 5. And Andromeda.
    Actually, When Abner Jenkins lived under the identity of "Matthew Davis" -- while a member of the Thunderbolts -- Paul Norbert Ebersol helped Jenkins' disguise himself and altered Jenkins' appearance to that of an African-American man. Also, being the daughter of Attuma and Gelva -- isn't Andromeda blue?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-24-2020 at 05:27 AM.