Ultimate Member

Default How many times has Forge created something used in a non X-title?

So I was rereading Future Imperfect, and noted how Hulk was nearly killed by a gun Forge created. It got me thinking about how in Rom, he created an amplifier for Rom's neutralizer.

What other stuff has he created that gotten out into the wild?

Astonishing Member

He once combined his technological invention talent with the technomorph ability of Madison Jeffries to resurrect James Hudson from Alpha Flight, which was a pretty big deal because he had been dead since Byrne killed him.
    He did it by telling Forge to merge with his own robot suit, and then wear that suit connected to his brain

RCO021_1469095428.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    He once combined his technological invention talent with the technomorph ability of Madison Jeffries to resurrect James Hudson from Alpha Flight, which was a pretty big deal because he had been dead since Byrne killed him.
    He did it by telling Forge to merge with his own robot suit, and then wear that suit connected to his brain

RCO021_1469095428.jpg
    I remember this... I just can't recall the title and issue. A little help here please.

Edit: In Fury #1, 1994, which is an origin story for Fury in some ways, Forge helped Reed Richards and Tony Stark design the first Helicarrier, though it was sabotaged and destroyed. However, if every subsequent Helicarrier had elements of the original's design, it very likely could mean that every Helicarrier seen since then (including the original) carries some Forge tech in there.

But speaking of, Stark once used one of Forge's neutralizer guns to defeat a villain, and then destroyed the gun in keeping with Forge's wishes.

Also, in the latest Marvel Zombies book (which takes place in yet another zombie reality), Forge designed guns. One using the decapitated head of Cyclops as a barrel for his optic blasts, and another using the hands of Johnny Storm, making the gun a literal firearm.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-27-2020 at 01:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I remember this... I just can't recall the title and issue. A little help here please.
    I don't know the specific issue but the storyline was in Alpha Flight #87-90.

I thought I remembered something;
    I Googled it and this is from Marvel Directory dot com...:

The government commissioned Forge to devise a means of detecting and combating the shape-changing alien Dire Wraiths. Forge created a scanner device that could detect the presence of superhumanly powerful mutants and extraterrestrials in its wielder's vicinity, and could even specifically differentiate between Dire Wraiths and other aliens.

I know they've mentioned more than once that Forge took over designing weapons for SHIELD after Tony Stark stopped. I don't know if they mentioned anything specific though.