Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think you bring up some really good points. Still, I understand why fans get really upset. It’s almost impossible to figure out whose making honest mistakes, whose implicitly biased towards lighter features, and who has racist intent. It’s not like the racist ones are ever going to come out and say it lol.
    There's also artistic intent. Some people will look at a character design and think "the darker skin is an extremely bold color so it doesn't look as good with their costume color scheme" or "a lot of this issue is set in poor lighting with deep shadows. I should make the skin a bit lighter so they don't fade into the background as much," without stoping to think of the racial issues that come along with this.

Who knows why certain colorists pick the shades they do, even on no racial issues. Pick up some random issues of Wolverine and his hair will be anything from mostly black, to gray, to blue looking.

BANNED

Monet is getting a lot of use.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Monet is getting a lot of use.

Year of Monet
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

I meeean they def softened his more 'Black' Features
    Facts smh....

Manfiold looks afro-latino now

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He looks how Sunspot should this ish is sad I don’t kno if I should laugh or cry..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    He looks how Sunspot should this ish is sad I don’t kno if I should laugh or cry..
    Nah my dude BobBee should be darker
    GrindrStone(D)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What doe that even mean?

Without knowing their designated races...Monica Rambeau looks Afro-Latino. Roberto looks Aborigine. Monet looks Indian.

Afro-latino...is not just one shade of brown or hair texture and colour or facial features.
    Aborigine...is not just one shade of brown or hair texture and colour or facial features.
    Black...is not just one shade of brown or hair texture and colour or facial features.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He looks like alot of the afro-latinos I grew up with and the hair and face is playing a big part of it compared to those comparison photos posted of him before this book

Then that's on account of the different artists. No two artists are going to draw the same character exactly the same.
    Yes, He looks like the people you grew up with but if I were to look closely I could say he looks like my Indian friends here in Trinidad and I won't be wrong.
    Our perceptions are indeed coloured by our personal experiences which is why it's so very important to have an open mind and informed understanding that go beyond our individualised notions about the world and the peoples around us.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I never complained about the artist or phrased my thoughts as a negative. I simply made an observation and clarified it based on my own experience

So, out of the X-books released so far this month, which ones featured a Black female mutant prominently other than Storm? Which one could be a player in X of Swords?

And I understood that, when you actually explained what you meant by "He looks afro-latino now"
    I wasn't trying to correct your observation...just that you may want to consider beyond your personal, valid observation and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So, out of the X-books released so far this month, which ones featured a Black female mutant prominently other than Storm? Which one could be a player in X of Swords?
    Monet certainly is in the running.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Genesis/anihilation is one, you can for certainly assume the same from war and pestilence as they are her daughters, isca is another arrakoan one that's very important.

so atm : storm, monet, genesis/anihilation, War, pestilence and isca .
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 11:11 AM.