Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You'd have to find more black female mutants to create a female team.
    Not really, Oya, Frenzy, Locus, Tempo, Cecilia and Cipher would be a well rounded team and they are all on Krakoa right now (we haven't seen Locus but if the rest of the MLF are there she must be) no need to create a new character.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Was mostly saying it to highlight that the few breakouts even then are still connected in some way to the initial breakouts.

I do agree however that the movement to push a character matters the most. Which is what ingrains a character.

I also agree with another sentiment, that usage outside of X-titles helps ingratiate people to certain characters who they may have no been.

Like there are fans of Rogue, who are fans entirely due to her run time in Avengers. Like I know a not insignificant amount of comic readers, who very much want her to be THE Avengers leader for a while.

And it might be blasphemous to say, but POC and LGBTQ characters are getting a lot more screen time outside of X-men, than within them.
    Blasphemous, but true, which is more disappointing in light of the X-Men's story being presented as an allegory for marginalized and persecuted people(s) in real life.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Not really, Oya, Frenzy, Locus, Tempo, Cecilia and Cipher would be a well rounded team and they are all on Krakoa right now (we haven't seen Locus but if the rest of the MLF are there she must be) no need to create a new character.
    Don’t forget Bling!, Blink, Monet and her sisters.

And if you’re gonna count Cecilia Reyes, then you should include Angel Salvadore as well.

Edit: Maybe one day, Shard and Threnody will return.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 08-15-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Don’t forget Bling!, Blink, Monet and her sisters.

And if you’re gonna count Cecilia Reyes, then you should include Angel Salvadore as well.

I choose those because of powers variety, Bling would be more or less the same as Frenzy (the muscle of the team) Locus can fly so Angel Salvadore would not be needed, and Monet is a one woman army but I guess a telephat would be needed.
    Last edited by Milici; 08-15-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You'd have to find more black female mutants to create a female team.
    Storm (leader)
    Frenzy (muscle)
    Cipher (stealth)
    Bling! (defense)
    Blink (transportion)
    Oya (rookie)

Mighty Member

So I i think everyone is forgetting the concept of an opportunity cost. Opportunity cost is when you lose out on something by not doing it. There's math involved and stuff. I think many people just keep saying ""push them push them into other mediums and comics and make them bigger" but the problem with that is if the character doesn't prove they have a loyal fan base first then you are just going to invest time and energy into a character that might not sell anything. To the point where you neglected characters who are developing organic fandom. It's kinda like the issue of actors and actresses who are created by the Disney machine. You have someone like Robert Downy Jr. Who literally built a empire out of a C level character then there are other actors and actresses who are promoted to be the star when on their own they can't do it.

If you say push a character because they are diverse you are potentially going to see a drop in sales and your investment will be lost. I think people mentioned like Rogue in the Avengers or even Storm or others. They developed a loyal following first in the X-books and thanks to their success in those comics they were pushed outward into other things.

If you say a character isn't successful yet but what they need is a push outward to become successful then you are putting the cart in front of the horse. That's like going on shark tank and saying you want an investment but you don't have any sales or business model yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Who said anything about creating new characters? I had to refresh myself with Cipher (Alisa Tager) because I thought y'all were talking about Doug Ramsey. Meanwhile, anyone know why current Doug is partially Techno-Organic if he and Warlock died within years of each other?
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-15-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    If you say push a character because they are diverse you are potentially going to see a drop in sales and your investment will be lost.
    I bet you can't prove this statement and when ever company has put proper support behind diversity they are always surprised at results.

Anyways the initial all different all new X-men was a pure diversity push. The Original Five sucked in sales, The creators went if we make characters look like people from around the world it would sell better the rest is the history . The foundation of franchise is very thing fans like to say could never happen.

All-New Member

Im still trying to understand how can you make other characters grow by removing another character. I think its possible to have more than 2 black female characters instead of replacing Storm

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvinstorm View Post
    Im still trying to understand how can you make other characters grow by removing another character. I think its possible to have more than 2 black female characters instead of replacing Storm
    absolutely all of this!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Question: Has Alisa Tager and Katherine Pryde ever met face to face anywhere in the pages?

Mighty Member

We also have Threnody and Astrid Bloom who could shake shit up.. Also wasnt that new wolverine villain Persephone a mutant or nah? And dont forget HUB with the natural hair. I need her back asap.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    We also have Threnody and Astrid Bloom who could shake shit up.. Also wasnt that new wolverine villain Persephone a mutant or nah? And dont forget HUB with the natural hair. I need her back asap.
    Persephone is listed as possessing an X-Gene.
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-15-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Debrii, M, who all else...?

BANNED

I fairly sure Debrii (Deborah Fields) has not been classified as being a mutant.