Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Genesis/anihilation is one, you can for certainly assume the same from war and pestilence, Isca as well

so atm : storm, monet, genesis/anihilation, War, pestilence and isca .
    yes I agree with this. annihilation/genesis definitely has me intrigued
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Isca is already of the more important arrakoan's, she also sparked a lot of interest on twitter and her design is gorgeous.
    War and Pestilence are very faceless with their powers and designs, but they probably have their mother's traits too.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Nah my dude BobBee should be darker
    In a perfect world he would be but I have almost zero faith in marvel doing so, I just be happy when he doesn’t look like a white man or tan white man..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes I agree with this. annihilation/genesis definitely has me intrigued
    her and isca for sure, I sorta consider war and pestilence too for the thread

Astonishing Member

Is Genesis even black? She looks like a standard ancient Egyptian, who have more in common with the country's modern day inhabitants than Africans south of the Sahara. There were indeed many black ancient Egyptians (at various points they ruled the entire civilization) but there's no reason to believe that Genesis was specifically from that racial group. It could be a coloration issue though because she looked black on her tarot card but white/Arab in X-Men 12 so I'll be waiting on more issues featuring her before I conclusively say that she's black.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Is Genesis even black? She looks like a standard ancient Egyptian, who have more in common with the country's modern day inhabitants than Africans south of the Sahara. There were indeed many black ancient Egyptians (at various points they ruled the entire civilization) but there's no reason to believe that Genesis was specifically from that racial group. It could be a coloration issue though because she looked black on her tarot card but white/Arab in X-Men 12 so I'll be waiting on more issues featuring her before I conclusively say that she's black.
    she has dreadlocks drawn with texture and it was thousands of years ago, so yeah she's black, that hairstyle signals that
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

... she has dreadlocks drawn with texture and it was thousands of years ago, so yeah she's black.
    Dreads were insanely common back in Ancient Egypt, Hollywood's attempt to whitewash that culture notwithstanding. Going by what I saw in X-Men 12 she looks like a regular Ancient Egyptian, hair texture and all. We her standing right next to Isca, who is evidently black, and Genesis looks like a whole white woman with a tan lol. We've seen Yu draw Storm and unlike many Marvel artists he knows how to somewhat capture black skin. I'm gonna chalk it up to some wrong coloring because looking at her tarot card she looks black, but I'll hold off on deciding either way until we see more of her.

BANNED

I mean probably a mistake in coloring and probably yu messing up a bit since he was having personal issues, and her card design is the most recent one since it was in creation, so Im considering her atm but I respect your opinion to wait off a bit

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    not go derail the thread but "race" is a fairly new concept that was created in the late 1800s. This concept didn't exist in ancient Egypt. in either case genesis looks like a traditional ethiopian woman does and would still be considered African if she originated from kemet.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    not go derail the thread but "race" is a fairly new concept that was created in the late 1800s. This concept didn't exist in ancient Egypt. in either case genesis looks like a traditional ethiopian woman does and would still be considered African if she originated from kemet.
    her design (or better designs) are absolutly stunning, she catches the eye immediatly and I cannot wait to see what she does.

Genesis/anihilation is one, you can for certainly assume the same from war and pestilence as they are her daughters, isca is another arrakoan one that's very important.

so atm : storm, monet, genesis/anihilation, War, pestilence and isca .
    Thanks for the names, I'm not following X of Swords so some of these people aren't familiar.

Strom is secured in her spot(wherever that may be) so I guess the next question is can this event become a catapult for someone like Monet or the other characters to take a more prominent role in the X-Men?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks for the names, I'm not following X of Swords so some of these people aren't familiar.

Strom is secured in her spot(wherever that may be) so I guess the next question is can this event become a catapult for someone like Monet or the other characters to take a more prominent role in the X-Men?
    Well monet has been propelled to really high levels of prominience lately, but issues with x-corp have damaged the consistency of her push wich was very unfortunate, XoS even teases an extremely interesting story beat with monet's ambition and drive to maybe take saturnyne's job.
    So yeah I hope monet at the very least, Frenzy is under ewing and attached to a pretty important new mutant team, so I also hope she raises in prominience.

And genesis is a mystery but she's apocalypse wife, his equal and the matriarch of arrako and its mutant civilization, she gave birth to 4 horsemen, two are women: War and Pestilence.
    Isca is an arrakoan whose power was told to us is "to never lose" wich drives her to some interesting story routes.
    Of course there's much more, but this is a basic explanation
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Well monet has been propelled to really high levels of prominience lately, but issues with x-corp have damaged the consistency of her push wich was very unfortunate, XoS even teases an extremely interesting story beat with monet's ambition and drive to maybe take saturnyne's job.
    So yeah I hope monet at the very least, Frenzy is under ewing and attached to a pretty important new mutant team, so I also hope she raises in prominience.

And genesis is a mystery but she's apocalypse wife, his equal and the matriarch of arrako and its mutant civilization, she gave birth to 4 horsemen, two are women: War and Pestilence.
    Isca is an arrakoan whose power was told to us is "to never lose" wich drives her to some interesting story routes.
    Of course there's much more, but this is a basic explanation
    Something you said made me realize something. Could the problem with pushing other Black female mutants(or male for that matter) is that they are in a lot of the peripheral titles but not in the main X-books(Hellions, X-Caliber, X-Factor etc.) I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good to have these other titles so that they have a way to showcase to other mutants, but it's almost like baseball where you have the big league and then the minor leagues.

You could be doing great in the minors, putting up huge stats and everything and that should earn you a trip to the majors. But not too many other characters make it to the main team/book(X-Men) and if they do get on the team, they don't stay very long before being sent back to the minors. And even then, some of these minor titles keep changing line ups so it's hard for these characters develop any kind of consistent presence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Something you said made me realize something. Could the problem with pushing other Black female mutants(or male for that matter) is that they are in a lot of the peripheral titles but not in the main X-books(Hellions, X-Caliber, X-Factor etc.) I mean, don't get me wrong, it's good to have these other titles so that they have a way to showcase to other mutants, but it's almost like baseball where you have the big league and then the minor leagues.

You could be doing great in the minors, putting up huge stats and everything and that should earn you a trip to the majors. But not too many other characters make it to the main team/book(X-Men) and if they do get on the team, they don't stay very long before being sent back to the minors. And even then, some of these minor titles keep changing line ups so it's hard for these characters develop any kind of consistent presence.
    In normal circumstances yes I agree, but current main x-men is a "mutant book" of one and done issues with a rotating cast, anyone can show up and it's not a fixed cast where many characters have had the time to shine, so all the other titles raise in prominience since they have consistency of a team and have certain parts of the worldbuilding of krakoa that they focus upon, making them more relevant than previous satelite titles, wich is probably why I personally think the sales have remained stable and positive.
    And this current event proves that these titles can matter, excalibur is a satelite title that is instrumental to XoS
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-25-2020 at 03:19 PM.

In normal circumstances yes I agree, but current main x-men is a "mutant book" of one and down issues with a rotating cast, anyone can show up and it's not a fixed cast, so all the satalite titles raise in prominience since they have consistency of a team and have certain parts of the worldbuilding of krakoa, making them more relevant than previous satelite titles, wich is probably why I personally think the sales have remained stable and positive.
    That could be a problem as well. If there is a rotating cast of characters running in and out, not much of a chance for anyone one person to catch on.

But, if the other satellite titles can maintain consistent sales along with good stories, there's a good opportunity to push a Black female mutant. I'm partial to Frenzy myself.

I think they should make her a part of Brand's new cosmic team.