Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default All New X-Factor 12 Preview (Spoilers)

The press conference issue is finally here!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=23082

Incredible Member

Really happy with the preview because obviously (look at my name). I like that we see Pietro asks Havok if the Avengers really need him as a person and not just as a power set. I think his inclusion in Avengers Academy was because he fit there as a person, but most of the other times in the Avengers, he really is just the fast guy. It's going to be sad when he does go back to the Avengers because of the movie.
    Also, I like the foreshadowing with Luna, and it seems Pietro might actually be slightly peeved at Wanda for M-Day. So now I've got two theories for Wanda being in issue 14: either she wants to go see her brother because she thinks he's avoiding her OR, she gets called in to see if she can find Georgia's parents who might still be alive somewhere.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Love this preview, specially with both Luna and Wanda on the way. Great to see Pietro having the time to deal with House of M, Wanda being back, Lorna and his daughter, it was about time imo

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilverfan
    Also, I like the foreshadowing with Luna, and it seems Pietro might actually be slightly peeved at Wanda for M-Day. So now I've got two theories for Wanda being in issue 14: either she wants to go see her brother because she thinks he's avoiding her OR, she gets called in to see if she can find Georgia's parents who might still be alive somewhere.
    I think itīs the first option, Wanda has been feeling isolated from the Avengers too even with Wasp and Wonderman on Uncanny Avengers, so she thinking Pietro is also being distant with her because of HOM could be enough to make her go looking for him.Itīs also a nice change imo, given most of the time heīs the one looking out for her. She also could be curious about Lorna.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 08-14-2014 at 09:35 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Wow, PAD really makes Havok look bad, bad-mouthing his old team and being a mouthpiece for the Avengers. Pandering to the X-fan base? Maybe, but it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Wow, PAD really makes Havok look bad, bad-mouthing his old team and being a mouthpiece for the Avengers. Pandering to the X-fan base? Maybe, but it's fun.
    Havok makes himself look bad....Havok is canonically a jerk

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Havok makes himself look bad....Havok is canonically a jerk
    Well I don't know if he's a jerk per say. From what I've read of him, he's wishy-washy. Always doubting himself and his actions, being one way about something and then completely reversing his position. Sometimes it's endearing, and sometimes I just want to shake him and scream "make up your damn mind Havok!"

Ultimate Member

To be fair, until recently he was always being compared to Scott. And to many people, both in-universe and amongst the fanbase, he was NEVER going to be able to measure up. So I cannot really blame the guy for having a bit of an inferiority complex. However, I don't like what Remender seems to have turned him into (his own self-insert character) or that other writers are apparently running with that characterization.

*Uuuuh, you wanna play in the B-Team? You're not one of the cool kids anymore?*
    F*ck you, Alex. Seriously F*CK you!

When will this backstabbing jerk die already?

I like the preview cause it shows some great interaction. As for the press relese, I don't know what to expect. In the same line, a few panels or pages don't make a book, so don't know what to expect of the whole issue. As for Havok, I really liked him but here he is really being a jerk. I think one of his best appearances was Mutant X, where he didn't ahve to compete with Scoot, he was the leader and a good one, I think. BTW, still not loving the art but it's not awful in the preview, maybe a little better than usual?

Good preview. PAD understands QS well.

Spectacular Member

I liked the preview. It was a good moment for Pietro IMHO. And it reflects Marvel's view on comics spot on.

"Avengers is the "A" team of super groups"

Pfft.

This might be the best scene I've read in the title since it launched.

It really seems like Havok and Quicksilver have switched positions.
    Pietro finally goes back being dedicated to Mutantkind and therefore Alex is now the spineless, race-traiting Yes-Machine of the Avengers.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Amazing scene. I like havok alot. But since he joined the avengers not much lol. Screw the avengers. I agree with pietro. Id rather be on the "b" team as alex puts it then the A team
    X-Men Forever

That's a great scene.
    Both Alex and Pietro were written really well.
    Even if Alex was really being a complete and utter jack@$$..
    Of course he's been spying on his ex this whole time, so we already established that he was a git.

Some great character building for Pietro as well.
    He just wants somewhere to belong and to be needed....as a person and not a speedster.
    Which IMHO was a very apt observation by Peter David on Quicksilver's place amongst the Avengers.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.