Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Bendis' "All-New X-Men" Take an Ultimate Journey with Miles Morales

CBR spoke with "All-New X-Men" writer Brian Michael Bendis about the book's next arc, which finds the time-displaced teens stranded in the Ultimate U.

Full article here.

Is miles joing the team or is this just a team up

I wonder if this is going to be something to kept the O5 away of AXIS ?.

BANNED

So more grr cyclops from wolverine going into the upcoming issues of ANXM or is BMB planning to use jimmy Hudson?

im excited that there is gonna be two annuals detailing Tempus's adventure looking to seeing what happened to her

I've come to despise the Ultimate Universe for way too many reasons to list on a single message board, but Brian Michael Bendis is NOT the reason why Ultimate is so terrible. In fact, he's the only reason why Ultimate hasn't been canceled. Years ago, Joe Quesada said that if 616 and Ultimate started crossing over, that meant they had run out of ideas. Well between Spider-Men and Cataclysm, I think they're way past that point with Ultimate.

That said, it makes sense that Bendis would want to link up All-New X-men with Ultimate. He did the same with Guardians of the Galaxy, another title he's been writing. And as much as I'm disgusted by Ultimate, Bendis has shown that he can still make use of it. I like that Miles isn't the only one they'll be interacting with. I also like that they'll have to react to a world where mutants are very different. They're basically completely and utterly screwed. They've got no future unless their name is Kitty Pryde.

I hope this means that O5 Jean gets to chat with her Ultimate counterpart at one point. Ultimate Jean Grey was, at one time, one of the best characters in Ultimate. She was fun, outgoing, passionate, and charismatic. Then Marvel decided to throw her whole character into the crapper and make her a raging psychopath whose crimes, for reasons that aren't explained, are completely forgotten. She would definitely offer O5 Jean some insight into who she could become and how much she has to lose. Ultimate Jean Grey never even died in her world and she still ended up a monster. I would love to see Ultimate Jean pull O5 Jean aside and give her a pep talk. I even imagine it going something like this:

Ultimate Jean: Answer me this, mini-me...are there mutants in your world?

O5 Jean: Um...yes.

Ultimate Jean: Are they all the result of a failed science experiment?

O5 Jean: No. I don't think so.

Ultimate Jean: Are there X-men in your world?

O5 Jean: Yes.

Ultimate Jean: Is there an Xavier Institute in your world?

O5 Jean: Well they call it the Jean Grey Institute, but yeah. It's basically the same.

Ultimate Jean: Not sure I want to know much about that, but is there a Cyclops in your world?

O5 Jean: Yes...two, actually.

Ultimate Jean: Then with all that in mind, listen to me and listen good...fight for your world. Fight with everything you have and then some. Protect the people you love. Don't shove them away. Don't be petty or insecure. Don't end up like me...bitter and hardened to the point where I've stopped giving a *$&Q$. You may think your future sucks, but trust me...it doesn't suck as much as it could.

Something like this is probably not going to happen. I'll be surprised if the Ultimate X-men show up for more than a few pages. That's how irrelevant they are. But I hope it at least gives the O5 X-men a little perspective. As bad as they think they're future is, it's heaven compared to what Ultimate has become.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    So more grr cyclops from wolverine going into the upcoming issues of ANXM or is BMB planning to use jimmy Hudson?
    A meeting between Laura and Jimmy could be interesting. Kind of an odd family reunion, and considering she doesn't have much family left there's some potential for heartwarming, there. Conversely Jimmy might want to know more about "their" father.

Also noted Bendis specifically commented on Laura stating she doesn't dance in her solo (I have to admit I like it when creators acknowledge and respond to fans, and are willing to explain their decisions. So long as it remains respectful). In a way I kind of see his point; the idea that she might be trying something new to find a means by which to keep herself emotionally afloat and not slip back into the dark place she'd been in. I'm not sure I ENTIRELY agree that Arena was the worst part of her life (I would argue that NYX is demonstrably her lowest point), but it DID happen at the worst time. And it's a nice show of her development that rather than retreating into herself again (as she might have prior to her solo series) that she's still making an effort to move forward, even after a setback like Arena.

I have to admit, while I still don't like how Bendis writes her voice, I'm seeing that her actual development as a character is believable and true to her past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I've come to despise the Ultimate Universe for way too many reasons to list on a single message board, but Brian Michael Bendis is NOT the reason why Ultimate is so terrible. In fact, he's the only reason why Ultimate hasn't been canceled. Years ago, Joe Quesada said that if 616 and Ultimate started crossing over, that meant they had run out of ideas. Well between Spider-Men and Cataclysm, I think they're way past that point with Ultimate.
    I don't think it's quite fair to have to not act on potentially cool story ideas just because of something JQ said, like, over a decade ago. I think it was true at the time that it would've been wrong to cross over the two universes but at this point, I think it'd be silly not to allow it if there's a story that warrants it. I dug Spider-Men and this meeting of Miles and the X-Men sounds like it could be even more fun.

Fantastic Member

Two annuals in back to back months? What? I mean I'll buy them because Uncanny X-Men is great but that seems unprecedented. Why not just double ship and have it as an arc?
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I wonder if this is going to be something to kept the O5 away of AXIS ?.
    I'm kind of surprised that no one told the O5 about the Red Skull with Xavier's brain yet...I mean shouldn't they be notified of that ?

This sounds awesome! I love both of these series so I can't wait for them to crossover. I can't wait to see who they meet in the Ultimate Universe besides the Miles and the Ultimate X-men.

I just hope we get to see Jimmy Hudson run into Laura, might be fun to see Laura hanging out with a sibling who isn't evil.

I also wonder if Bendis will have Mysterio appear in this, they always seem to run into him when it comes to Alternate Universe crossing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

As a UU reader I would like to know is O5 Jean bananas? because UU Jean is, that meeting could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    And yet no questions about Miles particapation in the upcoming Spider-verse event....typical Bendis.
    Slott has confirmed Miles is in ASM during Spider-verse.

I'm surprisingly looking forward to this. If I remember correctly, Marvel editorial said the only time they were going to start crossing over with 616 was "when they ran out of ideas", BUT, some of Bendis' best work was done in the Ultimate U, where he wasn't weighed down with years of continuity.

Last but not least, it's sad to lose Immonen, but hot damn, Asrar's pencils look good, so I'm not gonna complain.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rok View Post
    As a UU reader I would like to know is O5 Jean bananas? because UU Jean is, that meeting could be fun.
    Was UU Jean always "bananas" or was that just Wood? I didn't like that part of his run at all.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Was UU Jean always "bananas" or was that just Wood? I didn't like that part of his run at all.
    Mainly Wood, Spencer barely used her, whole Hickman and Loeb set her up to cynical but sane. Before cataclysm she was a completely different person, but I guess seeing half your friends die changes you.