Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Flash of Two Worlds was the story that triggered the return of the Justice Society. After Barry met Jay, the JLA and JSA soon met too, and would have annual team-ups, which lasted until the Crisis.
    I realize all that but Earth 2 was not a thing until they met. The JSA was not active right. It was after they met that the two earths came into place and others down the road.

Not the first but what if 4 was made canon and had the torch fight a evil version from another universe.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Golden Age Wonder Woman story where she met and alternate dimensional dupe has been mentioned. I am curious as to if that has ever happened to a Golden Age Marvel character. I am reasonably sure the WW story gained notoriety because of DC's heavy alternate universe structures, but with Marvel not having as much of a heavy reliance on that, a Cap, Torch, or Subby story might have slipped under the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The Golden Age Wonder Woman story where she met and alternate dimensional dupe has been mentioned. I am curious as to if that has ever happened to a Golden Age Marvel character. I am reasonably sure the WW story gained notoriety because of DC's heavy alternate universe structures, but with Marvel not having as much of a heavy reliance on that, a Cap, Torch, or Subby story might have slipped under the radar.
    Maybe yeah!
    This thread’s been a fun read, but the ultimate answer has yet to be found.

I don’t know if Justice counts. Up until the point Major Vance Astrovik meets himself... Major Vance is meeting his prior self, not an alt version. This is his Birth timeline. They create a divergent timeline once they meet. Vance Astrovik doesn’t join the space program. But in essence They are still the same person from the same original reality. Major just created a divergent future for Justice. Justice or Major’s alternate reality version would need to be a current time alt version .
    Last edited by Maniacal; 08-12-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

Marvel does not use many of their old Golden age characters beside the ones you mention. Even the 12 came and went.

I liked The 12. There were a few good characters I thought could be integrated into the larger MU.

I was thinking of the backup story in Fantastic Four #118.
    What Mad World?
    During the battle against Diablo, Lockjaw temporarily teleports the Thing to another world. (Earth A)
    But it's a strange world indeed as Reed Richards is the one that was transformed into the Thing; while Ben Grimm married Susan Storm.
    118whatmad.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was thinking of the backup story in Fantastic Four #118.
    What Mad World?
    During the battle against Diablo, Lockjaw temporarily teleports the Thing to another world. (Earth A)
    But it's a strange world indeed as Reed Richards is the one that was transformed into the Thing; while Ben Grimm married Susan Storm.
    118whatmad.jpg
    Yes! This should certainly be on the list of possibilities and examples mentioned. Great find, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Marvel does not use many of their old Golden age characters beside the ones you mention. Even the 12 came and went.
    The thread deals with events in a story and even characters like many of the Twelve (way cool series and I am so glad it was completed!) only made a few appearances, but may have also met an alternate version of themself.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I liked The 12. There were a few good characters I thought could be integrated into the larger MU.
    You are a fan of good taste.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Would the alternate Reed Richards created on Counter Earth by the High Evolutionary count? He first appeared in Marvel Premiere in 1972. He was Reed but could turn into a purple hulk like monster called the Brute and was evil.