Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Mystique has almost never told the truth. The only truth she's told was that she loves Irene. I wonder if she even lied to her when they first met: like, did Raven meet her as a man or as a woman? Who revealed they had powers first?
    I would assume destiny already knew she would meet mystique at some point so i wouldn't be suprised if destiny was the one lying in the beginning and holding most the cards. Or she may have just known exactly what raven needed and wanted to hear.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

That is a good question. Does anyone know how they met?
    If they didn’t have made the comic, they should do.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If they didn’t have made the comic, they should do.
    I did a Google search for such a thing but only found articles upon articles that were ultimately useless. Perhaps a deeper dive would uncover such a relic. Even if they have covered it in the past a modern retelling would be handy. Especially considering Mystique's desire to resurrect Destiny in the current books.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    I believe Dazzler did at first, lead people to believe the light effects were special effects, not her own doing. So she was using her powers but not owning to them.
    That doesn't really count because it's negated by the fact she was also the first public figure that outed themselves in a spectacular fashion as a publicity stunt.

Every time someone like Beast or Nightcrawler used an image inducer they were basically trying to pass themselves off as human. They were pretending to be what they weren't so that fits the spirit of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would assume destiny already knew she would meet mystique at some point so i wouldn't be suprised if destiny was the one lying in the beginning and holding most the cards. Or she may have just known exactly what raven needed and wanted to hear.
    That’s an interesting point you make, on one of the most interesting comic book relationships.

Nooice!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    That’s an interesting point you make, on one of the most interesting comic book relationships.

Nooice!
    the relationship cheat sheet is what Destiny had while all shapeshifting Mystigue had was always being a shifty demon.

Amazing Member

According to Sage in X-Treme X-Men #1 Irene enlisted Raven who was a consultant detective at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    According to Sage in X-Treme X-Men #1 Irene enlisted Raven who was a consultant detective at the time.
    Interesting, I read that back in the day but that was a long time ago. It really would be good to actually see this first meeting in print sometime.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

When Rachel realized that Jean was dead and Scott was married to Madelyne Pryor she decided not to tell him she was his daughter! The other X-Men knew that she was the alt future daughter of Jean and Scott, but I remember in Days of Future Present, Beast thought maybe Rachel used her telepathy to prevent anyone from telling Scott and Jean! Her parentage was openly revealed during the Days of Future Present event when she finally told Scott and Jean who she was!

Rachel also tries not to tell family and X-Men what their fates were in the 811 universe because she personally killed several of them and it kills her with guilt every time she thinks about it! She told Alex that he died a hero and that he was a loving Uncle, but in flashbacks Ahab ordered her to torture her Uncle Alex to death!

There was a retcon in X-Men Blue that Rachel killed Nightcrawler as well, but I think Gugg had no idea about continuity because Claremont showed in Days of Future Past that Nightcrawler and Amanda Sefton died before Rachel was taken by the regime, they were killed during the anti-mutant protests that lead up to the registration act being passed! So I just assume that Mesmero was just messing with Rachel and trying to cause her emotional pain by making her like Kurt, and then making her feel guilty about killing Kurt!

Rachel doesn't hide information about herself maliciously, she does it mostly because at first she didn't want to cause problems for Scott, and later for Jean so she was trying to stay out of their lives! For the rest, she is just traumatized and doesn't want to tell anyone how they died in her world! Of course Kate, Storm, Forge, Wolverine, Colossus, Franklin, and Magneto all died during the escape from the concentration camp, the attack on the false Sentinel command building, and Kate's attack on project Nimrod! 616 Kate and Storm know all about the final mission so none of that is a secret, I think they are also the only ones who know exactly what it was like for Rachel when she was a hound and all the torture and programming she endured after she was captured!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Cerise has powers unlike most Shiar, but I thought I remember her being refered to as a mutant too, So I guess she's an alien mutant? She would count.

Edit to add: Lobdell retcon but its been said it wasn't. I don't know whats the truth. If she was originally supposed to be shiar or not.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-11-2020 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Added info

El Aguila maybe.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Mystique has almost never told the truth. The only truth she's told was that she loves Irene. I wonder if she even lied to her when they first met: like, did Raven meet her as a man or as a woman? Who revealed they had powers first?

Mystique is the worst! Deception is straight up built in with that lady!

I did a Google search for such a thing but only found articles upon articles that were ultimately useless. Perhaps a deeper dive would uncover such a relic. Even if they have covered it in the past a modern retelling would be handy. Especially considering Mystique's desire to resurrect Destiny in the current books.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    ^^^thats cute!

If we count lie by omission, Brand let everyone in SWORD assume that her powers came from being half alien

Didn't Deadpool think he was a mutant at some point? Not the same thing as what folks are discussing in here but I guess that'd count as lying to himself.
    Did Deadpool ever think he was a mutant?