Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FenixdeAlasNegras View Post
    That's good, because for me Red Hood is great, I'm all nervous waiting for the previews of November and to know if there will be a continuation of Red Hood. By the way, give the child some romance, I love the Jason / Artemis interplay, they are both brutally crazy, but they also seek the welfare of the innocent.
    Solicitations are out: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-novemb...solicitations/

cancellations:

Hawkman
    Young Justice
    Teen Titans
    Hellblazer
    Suicide Squad

Haven't seen a trauma olympics post since my time in the Fire Emblem community .

Looks like Tim and Steph are limboed, Young Justice has been axed... and so has Teen Titans.
    Yup, i'm not surprised. Well i already made peace with the fact and limbo is better than dead anyway.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

I am not demeriting that both Damian and Cass also need help and that is what I do not understand about Bruce, very detective, many opportunities for criminals who seem to hurt him more than his adopted and biological children (it was clearly seen when it hurt more hitting Freeze that almost left Jason in a coma where he has not even had the luxury of investigating that it was a blank shot, he was judge, jury and executioner), he made the sanctuary and I do not see clear. You know I think it's like those people who just do the part they like and then throw the responsibility onto others (Dick and Damian one of them). Sorry, but back to the subject, if all bats require psychological help they have a number of terrible traumas, maybe Barbara will be the one who takes it the most, that is if the Joker did not really touch her.
    Knowing that you have a bad childhood ON THE PART OF YOUR FATHER because Jason has never admitted that Catherine was also an abuser at the time of taking drugs instead of caring for her son, that is abandonment; does not make it easier, Jason even now continues to live the trauma of rejection, first by his biological father and mother, then abandonment by his adoptive mother and now by the batfamily, that far from curing strengthens the cycles of pain, which should already be of cut.

Apparently this pattern without real sustenance of rebellion Damian will carry it out, will leave the mantle, according to what is known Tim will return to be Robin and Damian will be a threat to both Gotham and Batman. I don't think they'll get to where Batman cuts his throat so that he drowns in his own blood like he did with Jason, the copy would look very bad and too obvious. But everything indicates that they will go down a parallel path.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Looks like Tim and Steph are limboed, Young Justice has been axed... and so has Teen Titans.
    don't think Tim will be limboed, at least not for long. After all Batman's book is on Tynion's hand. Steph on the other hand, Tynion prefers Cass over Steph so probably she will be on limbo. Who knows, maybe she will die again for Tim and Batfam angst.
    Phew, finally Teen Titans get canceled. Now Emiko can get her characterization back, Wallace will be back of Flash and not babysitting Roundhouse, Crush maybe will be limboed, and Roundhouse can go to the ground with his fungus family.

Extraordinary Member

Young Justice and Teen Titans seem like pretty good candidates for OGNs for me, maybe we will see them return in that segment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Haven't seen a trauma olympics post since my time in the Fire Emblem community .
    Ha! You! yes, you, @TheCape!
    I like you.

BANNED

It's funny that Jason is currently being painted as an antihero when he hasn't killed in a long time.
    What is an antihero that does not kill? and encuato to savagery, Batman is painted more brutal with a lot of deaths around him caused indirectly by him.

I like Jason as a hero and an antihero, the lack of logic of the writers and their lack of character only turns my stomach twice.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't think it makes much sense for Jason to be part of the Batfam anyway. Nor do I like it when Huntress is welcome in the cave.

Jason's a solid character, but I think he works best when he provides a contrast to the Bats' modus operandi. Jason can be the mouthpiece for all the "Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?" type discussions had among the fandom (which is a valid question), and Jason's history makes his criticism real damn potent. He can call Batman out on his failings and flawed methodology in a way nobody else can.

Treating him like part of the family, even the black sheep, strips him of the ability to confront these questions because by working with Bruce, he agrees to play by those rules he's supposed to hate....and by doing that, it weakens his position. "Bad guys need to die today so good people don't get hurt tomorrow"......except when Bruce is around, then it's okay to let the bad guy live. It makes Jason a hypocrite and it makes Bruce more of a hypocrite for working with a guy who probably has a higher body count than some of the people in Arkham.

When things get really crazy and Gotham is on the verge of destruction then sure, Jason and Bruce should put their differences aside in the face of a greater threat. But I don't want Jason hanging out with the other ex-Robins for movie night, eating sandwiches in the cave, or popping into Bludhaven for a quick team-up with Dick.

Jason's better and more compelling/interesting as the DCU's Punisher, and shouldn't regularly work with more traditional heroes. If he's just the "Robin with guns" then all he really brings to the table is some sass, and we can get plenty of that from Damian, Dick, or Babs.
    I don't think Jason is in any position or has any credibility to call Batman out on anything. Is his so-called methods any better than Batman's or anyone else's? Batman has his code and he sticks by it, Jason may not like it but tough. The thing is Bruce takes it easy on Jason but if he got deadly serious and put sentimentality aside he would destroy Jason. But that's not Bruce, he can't help but be sentimental towards the family. So he goes easy or looks the other way when he would not regarding anyone else. Even in that beating he gave Jason he was holding back. At this point we just accept that they do their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixdeAlasNegras View Post
    It's funny that Jason is currently being painted as an antihero when he hasn't killed in a long time.
    What is an antihero that does not kill? and encuato to savagery, Batman is painted more brutal with a lot of deaths around him caused indirectly by him.

I like Jason as a hero and an antihero, the lack of logic of the writers and their lack of character only turns my stomach twice.
    Antihero isn't "one who kills". It's a pretty wide category.
    Antihero entry in Tv Tropes.
    Antihero entry in Wikipedia.

I mean, by all means, Jason, killing or not, is an antihero (of the byronic type), or an antivillain (another interesting concept), depending on the story. He's also pretty straight heroic at times. Edit: but yes, he's definitely an antihero most of the time.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-14-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ha! You! yes, you, @TheCape!
    I like you.
    Feeling is mutual @Zaresh.

He has definetly killed recently, granted they were mostly demons, but he did killed then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Solicitations are out: https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-novemb...solicitations/

cancellations:

Hawkman
    Young Justice
    Teen Titans
    Hellblazer
    Suicide Squad
    Hmm why Suicide Squad gets cancelled? I understand Young Justice and Teen Titans, I'm not familiar with the other two, but I thought Suicide Squad get many good review.. Or maybe because Bat office needs Harley for Punchline plot?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    I don't think Jason is in any position or has any credibility to call Batman out on anything.
    It doesn't really matter if Jason's methods are "objectively" better or worse; he believes they're better, and his beliefs go pretty hard against what Bruce believes. And neither of them are the type of budge or find a middle ground. Bruce isn't about to say "Okay, you can kill, but only certain people" and Jason shouldn't say "Okay, I'll do it your way."

Obviously the dynamic between them is a weird and complex thing and Bruce carries a lot of guilt and Jason has a whole plane full of baggage about it too, but these are two people who, unless you bend their characters out of shape to allow it, should not be allies.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Hmm why Suicide Squad gets cancelled? I understand Young Justice and Teen Titans, I'm not familiar with the other two, but I thought Suicide Squad get many good review.. Or maybe because Bat office needs Harley for Punchline plot?
    Contradicting plots never affects Harley in anything so it's not that

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The problem is that when (ex) Robins are together, they end up reduced to certain characteristics to make it easier the contrast of characters.

It wouldn't be weird for Dick to end up as the "boy scout", while Jason as the "rebel". This would especially incovenient for Dick, since the "rebel" tend to be the cool one.
    This is true, and as irritating as it is, it get worse when Barbara or Tim are around and everybody else becomes the dumb one.

The bat family really shouldn't be around each other on regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    don't think Tim will be limboed, at least not for long. After all Batman's book is on Tynion's hand. Steph on the other hand, Tynion prefers Cass over Steph so probably she will be on limbo. Who knows, maybe she will die again for Tim and Batfam angst.
    I remember reading a couple of interviews a few years ago, when the Gotham Knights 'Tec run was going strong, and Tynion mentioned that Tim was his favorite and Kate his second favorite. This was pretty obvious even without the interviews though, as Tim and Kate got the bulk of the storylines.

Starting with (as revealed in later issues) Tim thinking he was the one who wanted Kate for the team (nope it was Bruce), and in the early issues pep-talking Kate into gaining confidence as apparent leader in Bruce's absence. Even by the end it was more about the split in ideologies (and a big misunderstanding) between Tim and Kate than it was Tim/Bruce or Kate/Bruce, more concluding with the two being okay with each other again by the end shown in a hug. Such closure wasn't shown with Cass and Kate, who despite it eventually being revealed Basil wasn't dead, arguably had the bigger gripe.

Point being, if Tim is safe from limbo - Kate has a pretty good chance of continuing to show up as a guest star every so often.