Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I completely forgot that this episode happened.

Looking up the clip, she did it with a flick of the wrist.

That might be game there.
    But if she stops time, the Referee can't rule in her favor.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    But if she stops time, the Referee can't rule in her favor.
    Since when has time manip been a problem for CBR Refs?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Are you not reading my post? She flicked her wrist and stopped time. No spell, no flourish.

Also, as stated at length in this thread, she doesn't need to do any of that for most of her spells beyond specific exceptions that are complex or very powerful spells. Proper form and vocal spells only serve to make her regular magic stronger, they are not requirements.

She disintegrated Toffee's arm, or rather turned it into butterflies, with a wordless beam she just shot from the hip. If she transmutes Twilight's head into a cloud of butterflies, that's game.
    Looking at the clip, Star *did* say 'Easy peasy, time freezy' which may or may not be needed for the spell. Nothing was said or shown indicating that it isn't part of it. Somewhat tangential, though, as Star has other spells she uses wordlessly and without specific movements as you'd indicated.

It just bothered me more than it should, as I was sure she said some rhymey thing when she did it, but couldn't remember for sure. :P

Spectacular Member

Mind you, it's not clear whether Star could stop time again, given the events of that episode. I think that time would be less vulnerable to being stopped, but Star never tries to stop time again.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Looking at the clip, Star *did* say 'Easy peasy, time freezy' which may or may not be needed for the spell. Nothing was said or shown indicating that it isn't part of it. Somewhat tangential, though, as Star has other spells she uses wordlessly and without specific movements as you'd indicated.

It just bothered me more than it should, as I was sure she said some rhymey thing when she did it, but couldn't remember for sure. :P
    She said that as a joke, being facetious because she didn't even think she could stop time and then she did it on accident.

It's either remarkably coincidental spell structure or it's not actually required.

Extraordinary Member

She said that as a joke, being facetious because she didn't even think she could stop time and then she did it on accident.

It's either remarkably coincidental spell structure or it's not actually required.
    IIRC, there was something later in the series about Star being really good at creating spells. Maybe that's what happened there?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Since when has time manip been a problem for CBR Refs?
    Manip is one thing, because time eventually DOES get flowing again. Star can turn off time, but she can't turn it back on without a huge quest to alternate dimensions.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!