Mermaid Project and the sequel Mutuations which take Two Years later is a Dystopia setting were WW III has caused a Great Disaster with some Cyberpunk touches.

It's a French Comic published by Dargaud in book form, Mermaid Project has Five books, and Mutations has Two In France/One in English currently.

The First comic series and setting is France of a world after WW III that is Resource-Drained and Fresh Water Shortage and money is Credits, Europe and USA are Third World nations, and Whites are no longer in charge there at the bottom of the heap. The fate of Russia isn't mentioned in this setting Quebec however has survived and Whites are in living well, as a Canadian this makes me happy.

This series does have Racism in it, yes it creators are White and yes this comic might make some readers uncomforable how the Whites are treated but like one of main character states we had it coming for along time.

It gave some ideas for writing a Dystopia setting, i hope I don't get in trouble with Dargaud or the Creators of this comic series.

LW