Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

I think moving their community content from YouTube to the app (and putting it behind a paywall) was a huge mistake. While I don't know if they would just make the app free and still provide access to the comic library, it would be nice to see a free app again. They did have a free app, which mostly just linked to stuff that was already on the web, and I did not find it all that great, but they do need more 'free' content if they want this to get people talking and sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I hope that happens. DC Universe is my primary way of reading comics these days. I do like the shows, but I'll be okay if they move to Max - I'm planning to get it anyway, eventually. But if I can't read those comics digitally on my TV, I'll honestly be devastated.
    I'm the same.
    Almost all the comics I've read since I started subbing last year have been on DC Universe.
    With a handful of Vertigo, Marvel and Indies on Hoopla, and some old public domain comics on Digital Comics Museum.

I've bought a few comics physically. Mostly 25-cent bin novelty items at a convention that ended up put away and forgotten about.
    I have bought one or two comics 'off the shelf', but they were trades I got for my brother as a gift.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Yeah, my takeaway is the site will exclusively be a community for DC fans and offer comics ala Marvel Unlimited.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, my takeaway is the site will exclusively be a community for DC fans and offer comics ala Marvel Unlimited.
    I bought a year long account in May, that ends May 2021, if it becomes free or cheaper, I wonder if I get something back? Haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd be cool with that. But they do need to add more Vertigo and Wildstorm comics and make the app available internationally.
    Oh, and add newer comics too. The one year delay is kind of ridiculous (especially since MU's is "only" 6 months). I'd pay a lot more to have access to current content.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I hope that happens. DC Universe is my primary way of reading comics these days. I do like the shows, but I'll be okay if they move to Max - I'm planning to get it anyway, eventually. But if I can't read those comics digitally on my TV, I'll honestly be devastated.
    I actually got a tablet (a cheap one) just for DC Universe. It's become my go-to way to read in bed before I crash. Don't have to worry about keeping anyone awake, passing out on a trade and putting a big crease in it, nothin'. DC Universe is great. I'd hate to see it go.