Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Before Perez, WW could only "glide on air currents," and she'd occasionally run into trouble when the currents shifted or subsided. She didn't technically fly without the jet in the first 45 years of the character's existence. For the last 34 years, she's been able to fly unless injured or de-powered.
    I knew I should have given the actual years, it was 45. It was different in the Messner-Loebs run when she couldn't fly due to inner ear injury and yet she pushed through until she got the ability back, this is like it never existed in the first place and I can't go for that.

The thing is since New 52 she often has gone for the sword. I dislike it.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    When one of Diana's basic powers is barely shown I have trust issues with the writer. It seems like Tamaki did not in fact do her research on who Diana is as a character and her powers. She had 0 remorse for human life, Tamaki really need to show that. The sword and shield are just constant. I could actually believe her using it against the parademons under mind control, if she didn't have Athena's blessing of wisdom that protects her from high tier mind control users. And the not flying thing really bugs me. She doesn't seem powerful here at all.
    When did "wisdom" become akin to "can resist mind control"? Don't get me wrong; I was not crazy about Diana being manipulated like that, and I do wish she had some sort of mind-manipulation immunity as part of her powers, but I am seriously curious about this. When did Diana get the power to resist psychic manipulation?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    When did "wisdom" become akin to "can resist mind control"? Don't get me wrong; I was not crazy about Diana being manipulated like that, and I do wish she had some sort of mind-manipulation immunity as part of her powers, but I am seriously curious about this. When did Diana get the power to resist psychic manipulation?
    Diana always had a strong resistance to mind control or illusions. You can tell by how she can see through Circe's illusions and magic back in post crisis, this was further enhanced when Diana gained Athena's grey eyes during Rucka 1.0. Diana could "see with the eyes of a god and shared a gods wisdom" it was so great in that Max couldn't see into her mind like he did with Superman. Diana is also capable of resisting Dr. Psycho's TP and he was powerful enough to see into other realities at the time. If you go onto her RESPECT thread I made, I should have posted the feats there.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor