Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    First issue I didn’t care for. Must’ve been that Brisson touch.
    Agree. Not very good storytelling
    Last edited by ericng; 08-12-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm honestly sad that Monet is the fave that Hickman has done the least with. Homegirl deserved a Giant-Size Issue (even though those are very hit or miss).
    At least Monet will help Storm in her Giant-Size

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    At least Monet will help Storm in her Giant-Size
    Yes!
    We shall pray, on this day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

And she'll be in X of Swords: Creation. Hopefully Monet will be important there.

inb4 she cameo queens in both ;_;

Sorry a bit bitter she was basically advertised in main role in this mini but she's done barely anything.

Awful.

Throw it in the trash.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    inb4 she cameo queens in both ;_;

Sorry a bit bitter she was basically advertised in main role in this mini but she's done barely anything.
    Well, she was great in the first issue (and I love her complicity with Warren) then other writers took over

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Well this went south pretty quickly. After a strong first issue and an OK second, this third one is just a mess. I don't even know what's going on anymore, nor am I given any reasons to care frankly. I expect much stronger work from Vita, Zeb and Ed.

I don't even care much about Scarlett Witch and I'm ticked off. Her story, about trying to make right with mutants, absolutely deserves an arc of its own. Its almost being used as a punchline here! This is just a load of chaos and nonsense.

Its extra weird, because the rest of Empyre is actually pretty good. Has a general theme of parents and children, which could have very easily worked with Magneto and Wanda.

So far Hickman has spent most of his writing time creating set-ups that haven't landed or felt anywhere near as important as they were made out to be.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I don't even care much about Scarlett Witch and I'm ticked off. Her story, about trying to make right with mutants, absolutely deserves an arc of its own. Its almost being used as a punchline here! This is just a load of chaos and nonsense.

Its extra weird, because the rest of Empyre is actually pretty good. Has a general theme of parents and children, which could have very easily worked with Magneto and Wanda.

So far Hickman has spent most of his writing time creating set-ups that haven't landed or felt anywhere near as important as they were made out to be.
    I was hoping that this would be start of a redemption arc. The disappointment that this isn't is beginning to set it. Even Hordeculture and Magik isn't enough to offset it.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 08-12-2020 at 01:15 PM.

This whole series seems intent on making Magik look as awesome as possible.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Goat Queen Magic seemed to be drawn like a anime character. That exploding Zombie mutant gets more to do than poor Monet who is sleeping like there's no tomorrow. What was that bit about Krakoa needing their psychic energy? Quite a odd bit of comic.

I liked the way issue #2 progressed in it's insanity. This issue was just a flatline mess the whole time... just terrible storytelling. Super disappointed with the writing team not capitalizing on the incoming team of psychics from the last issue. Not even a peep out of most of them and thus not supporting Magik's idea to recruit them in the first place. Why were psychics needed when Magik was still using brute force to take them down? The writers unintentionally dragged themselves by having Exodus say this was beneath them.

Your own characters don't want to be in the story!!!

Amazing Member

First issue was cool, second was fun, this third issue is just bad. If the fourth is good, I'm fine with this event, but if it's also bad, well then what a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post
    First issue was cool, second was fun, this third issue is just bad. If the fourth is good, I'm fine with this event, but if it's also bad, well then what a waste.
    I'm looking forward to #4 because it's Hickman and Jorge Molina. Not the biggest fan of Molina's style, but it's clean and very competent so generally enjoyable!