Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Empyre X-Men #3 review *spoilers*

What the hell happened.

Honestly its just another issue of fighting zombies and Cotati zombies.

The psychics that were brought are barely used. And as predicted Shadow King was MIA. Like WTF. Why have that big reveal and then not show him again.

Actually Selene and Exodus didn't even do anything either.

The first issues was so promising. Hickman should have just handled the Scarlet Witch thing in one of his stand alone X-Men issues.

Because though some of you may think this mini is fun. It's also a mess and over bloated.

And I feel they are like writing in a way thats you know when you whisper in someones ear and then by the end the last person has something completely different coming out of their mouth.

This is what the x-writers did. Hickman and Tini actually had a good set up issue. So these last two issues were frustrating to me. Others will probably like it.

Monet is still knocked out. Nightcrawler makes a cameo appearance.

Magik teleports one of the old ladies to Beast to come up with a solution to destroy the Cotati.

The big plant Cotati bomb ends up being a big brain as well and by the end of the issue transforms into this giant plant kaiju.

BUT picking up from the first issue. Magik and one of the Cuckoos end up searching for what is making these wave of zombie mutants come.

Magik finds the staff that Scarlet Witch used to bring back the mutants and is QUICKLY corrupted by it.

She becomes her demon self and proclaims she is the demon queen of New Genosha. Or some nonsense like that.

I await your perspectives. This issue was a disappointment.

Another terrible issue. What was that panel about with the villains all wearing wood?
    This is just "throw everything into a comic" type of writing.

The worst part is how much so many of us were looking forward to Monet having a starring role. She spends this issue asleep.

Still completely ridiculous, but I think it worked a bit better than #2. The idea of Mr Sinister and Selene would turn up to have a brawl with aliens dressed as plant mechs is just, whut?

Someone do Marauders, I'm at work.

lol all the writers just keep dropping what the previous writer set up.

This was amazing. I laughed, my jaw dropped, my eyes widened. I laughed some more. Just great book.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Poor Selene and Shadow King ...

All these amazing characters and this still was written like a Magik solo. WTF?!? I actually liked this issue better than last but I had issues with it, like Monet passed out the whole time and nothing done with Dani

ETA: This explains this cover that some were trying to say was Amanda Sefton

Last edited by Havok83; 08-12-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All these amazing characters and this still was written like a Magik solo. WTF?!? I actually liked this issue better than last but I had issues with it, like Monet passed out the whole time and nothing done with Dani
    Monet and Selene should have done something bigger in his.

So the writer & artist (obviously) are different for each issue? Bit of a hot mess really...

As a Magik fan, I appreciate all the attention. However, I do feel for those whose favorites are being sidelined in this book.

The 4 major players (Magik, Angel, Monet, & Multiple Man) should all get some time to shine.

Brison strikes again, the weakest X-writer by a mile

Also Wanda f'ing up won't be resolved in one issue

Did Nightcrawler teleport from the Pacific ocean to the Indian or did he use the gates?

Empyre is losing me. Having Shadow King in one issue then disappointing in the next really annoyed me, I hate inconsistencies like that. I even eye-rolled when Magik declared herself Queen of Zombies or something like that. Too much happened in that issue and most of it wasn’t good. Monet still being knocked out feels like easy writing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ethanrih View Post
    Empyre is losing me. Having Shadow King in one issue then disappointing in the next really annoyed me, I hate inconsistencies like that. I even eye-rolled when Magik declared herself Queen of Zombies or something like that. Too much happened in that issue and most of it wasn’t good. Monet still being knocked out feels like easy writing to me.
    I just assumed the same thing that was happening to one of the cuckoos must have happened to monet. Remember monet was in the center so she probably got close to that staff that made all that blood gush out of the cuckoo nose. Monet was also close to it much longer.

Angel throwing up when the phermone wore off. "too old to be outside, old."

Sometimes i just like a silly romp. This was like going into a B movie you know is a B movie, when that happens i can sit back and enjoy. It wasn't trying to take itself too serious. This is how i like my event tie ins. Don't effect the main book and have some fun with characters you rarely get to see.

Madrox going from he can't watch himself being eaten to "throw whatever pieces of me you can." LMAO. I'm still laughing.

Oh and i felt so bad for the cuckoo. " Please when i'm revived don't let me remember being eaten alive." Magick:" Resurrection is expensive, you'll just have to make due with that body." LOL
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Terrible issue. It's all over the place.

Also Jaime doing more in the past 3 issues than Monet despite being a featured character. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Brison strikes again, the weakest X-writer by a mile

Also Wanda f'ing up won't be resolved in one issue
    Most if not ALL of Hickmans X-Men issues have been set up. So we could have gotten more of Scarlet Witch. Instead of the 3 to 4 pages that we got. He could have given it a whole issue and also have had him delve more into how the X-Men really feel about her now.

Instead of it being bundled up in the forced mess of this event. These issues are bloated and it just got weaker in every issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Sometimes i just like a silly romp. This was like going into a B movie you know is a B movie, when that happens i can sit back and enjoy. It wasn't trying to take itself too serious. This is how i like my event tie ins. Don't effect the main book and have some fun with characters you rarely get to see.
    Which is understandable but the first issue didnt come off like silly set up that the writers after took it too. And with all the Scarlet Witch talk in HoXPoX and X-Men. We know that her story should be more serious. Given what she's done. So I'm hoping Hickman does something with the little tidbits he dropped. BUT the writers just didnt do it any justice in my opinion. I hope whoever wraps up the story makes it all cohesive and has it make sense.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-12-2020 at 07:08 AM.