Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    tell that to his marriage
    I'm glad that we're still scapegoating May.

Glad this wasn't about MJ, those of us who read Reign know what her kryptonite ended up being.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Back in 1970, Professor Smythe invented some kind of chemical he could spray on the wall-crawler to weaken his powers. Actually, I think it was jus some fancy bug spray!
    Peter’s Kryptonite is Aunt May ( see OMD and how he almost killed Kingpin when he attacked her ( even Osborn over Gwen did not get that treatment)).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Spidey's kryptonite is the flu. He even lost his powers because of the flu once (when Ock unmask him).
    I can't believe I forgot about that. You'd think Peter would never have a sick day in his life after being bitten; I've never heard of a real spider being laid up a cold or flu (they already vomit on their food in order to digest it).

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm glad that we're still scapegoating May.
    the more i reflect on it the more I cant agree with it the lady is already 80 years old at least why drop everything to save her. Fans use the wheatcakes excuse but I'm sorry not valid enough. Plus I'm pretty sure May wouldnt want that outcome at all
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Love

Love of Aunt May
    Love of Mary Jane
    Love for others(innocents)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Does drinking alcohol count? Spider-man seems to have bad term when it comes to drinking.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Does drinking alcohol count? Spider-man seems to have bad term when it comes to drinking.
    Mostly because Marvel sees Spider-Man as a role model and its emissary to the youth and therefore doesn't want to depict him doing stuff like that, so the in-universe reason becomes that he has a very low tolerance for alcohol.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Funny, this thread's title reminds me the time Spider-Man actually became Kryptonite. Luthor and Octopus plotted against the heroes and kidnapped their wives (Lois Lane and Mary Jane), and Spider-Man thought Superman kidnapped MJ. Although Spider-Man is strong, is not at all as strong as Superman, so Luthor gave the webslinger certain advantage over Superman. He irradiated Spider-Man with Red Sun's energy, which combined with his own irradiated blood, turned him into a Red Sun's battery that was capable of hurting Superman. However, the effects didn't last long; and in the end, poor Spidey almost broke his hands after punching Superman several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Funny, this thread's title reminds me the time Spider-Man actually became Kryptonite. Luthor and Octopus plotted against the heroes and kidnapped their wives (Lois Lane and Mary Jane), and Spider-Man thought Superman kidnapped MJ. Although Spider-Man is strong, is not at all as strong as Superman, so Luthor gave the webslinger certain advantage over Superman. He irradiated Spider-Man with Red Sun's energy, which combined with his own irradiated blood, turned him into a Red Sun's battery that was capable of hurting Superman. However, the effects didn't last long; and in the end, poor Spidey almost broke his hands after punching Superman several times.
    That was a fun team-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mostly because Marvel sees Spider-Man as a role model and its emissary to the youth and therefore doesn't want to depict him doing stuff like that, so the in-universe reason becomes that he has a very low tolerance for alcohol.
    To be honest i always assumed that he simply didn't like it, but is the same reason for why i don't drink in spite being 23 so maybe i was just projecting.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be honest i always assumed that he simply didn't like it, but is the same reason for why i don't drink in spite being 23 so maybe i was just projecting.
    That's cool.

I remember the one (?) time Spidey was drunk, it was an issue of Web of Spider-Man where he just moved into a new place with Mary Jane and they had a big party with lots of guests over and Peter drank the punch but it was spiked so he goes out and fights the Hobgoblin totally sloshed haha, I think he was really off his game naturally and the Hobgoblin almost beat him.