Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Wonder who the new guest is. And Norman up and about free is quite interesting.

BANNED

Don't know but Norman taking over the asylum came out of nowhere it seems. It's as if he is bribing his way to such positions. Overdrive being in a coma after the last issue's climax was a lame development. Spider Man not able to take down losers like laser and whirlwind due to being off his game stretches credulity a tad bit. If he was concerned about the sin eater showing again he should have called Reed or Strange for backup. Sineater being hailed as a 'supernatural' punisher who cleanses sins and making Spider Man redundant seems like another critical look at whether "Superheroes" work which at this point has been done to death. Not liked this issue much.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Don't know but Norman taking over the asylum came out of nowhere it seems. It's as if he is bribing his way to such positions. Overdrive being in a coma after the last issue's climax was a lame development. Spider Man not able to take down losers like laser and whirlwind due to being off his game stretches credulity a tad bit. If he was concerned about the sin eater showing again he should have called Reed or Strange for backup. Sineater being hailed as a 'supernatural' punisher who cleanses sins and making Spider Man redundant seems like another critical look at whether "Superheroes" work which at this point has been done to death. Not liked this issue much.
    That is a gripe of mine as well with comics like this. Especially when his change of status quo to thinking he's Cletus Kassidy was a big thing in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man #800. We check up on Norman in this run still in that state, setting up that it won't last much longer probably. Then in the pages of ASM we next see him totally back to normal and in charge of Ravencroft. It's fine, it's just weird not picking any of that progression up until afterwards when it's all been centralized to ASM prior. (I know we've seen Osborn running Ravencroft in that mini series)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yeah, I can agree that there should at least be a footnote referencing the Ravencroft miniseries for people who are confused about Norman Osborn's current status.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, I can agree that there should at least be a footnote referencing the Ravencroft miniseries for people who are confused about Norman Osborn's current status.
    At the very least, yeah. That's usually a good place for little editor's notes like that to go.

I believe in the first JJJ arc in this run (one of my favorites so far!) they called back to the Zdarsky Spectacular issue with the conversation with JJJ just to fill people in and had a note referring to an issue that didn't exist. It was like Spectacular Spider-Man but the volume number and the issue weren't right so it was like referring people to a volume that doesn't exist yet haha.

Definitely bro. My head is still trying to wrap around the fact that Osborn was the Red Goblin! However, I'll agree with what others have said, that Osborn's characterization here was on point. His intimidation of Norah was truly scary.

As for the issue itself, there were a lot of moments of relevance. Seeing people cheer the Sin-Eater as he took justice into his own hands by blasting away a bunch of supervillains is a reaction to a lot of things in our world today. Couldn't help but think of police brutality, excessive violence, and calls for reform. I'm still trying to figure out what the Sin-Eater is doing. Okay, he's not killing the villains, but just leaving them quivering messes who feel they deserve to be punished? Are they in such a state that they'll eventually kill themselves because of their feeling of needing to be punished? I was getting that vibe.

Only some complaints. One, as has been mentioned, the art was jarring at times. It was dynamic at first, which was cool, but there were some scenes that were messy. Also, really, Sin Eater casually beats Count Nefaria that easily? The same Nefaria who beat up on both the Avengers and Thunderbolts? Felt wrong in a way.

Still, I'm intrigued. As usual, Spidey's in there trying the best he can to make sense of it all. Interested how this will turn out.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Nice issue. Sin-Eater nice and scary and the not-knowing really puts you on edge.
    What/who do you think is inside that cage?
    Carnage perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Definitely bro. My head is still trying to wrap around the fact that Osborn was the Red Goblin! However, I'll agree with what others have said, that Osborn's characterization here was on point. His intimidation of Norah was truly scary.

As for the issue itself, there were a lot of moments of relevance. Seeing people cheer the Sin-Eater as he took justice into his own hands by blasting away a bunch of supervillains is a reaction to a lot of things in our world today. Couldn't help but think of police brutality, excessive violence, and calls for reform. I'm still trying to figure out what the Sin-Eater is doing. Okay, he's not killing the villains, but just leaving them quivering messes who feel they deserve to be punished? Are they in such a state that they'll eventually kill themselves because of their feeling of needing to be punished? I was getting that vibe.

Only some complaints. One, as has been mentioned, the art was jarring at times. It was dynamic at first, which was cool, but there were some scenes that were messy. Also, really, Sin Eater casually beats Count Nefaria that easily? The same Nefaria who beat up on both the Avengers and Thunderbolts? Felt wrong in a way.

Still, I'm intrigued. As usual, Spidey's in there trying the best he can to make sense of it all. Interested how this will turn out.
    To be somewhat fair, Sin-Eater got a massive upgrade from being revived by Kindred, so maybe that could explain how and why he took out Count Nefaria so easily.

Spectacular Member

Do they change the artist? Will the output be a bit different?

Maybe he's possessed by the original Ghost rider Demon?
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post

I haven't read the issue but Spidey has been gotten the better of when he's not on top of his game by guys in his rogues gallery like Shocker and Paste Pot Pete/Trapster so I wouldn't think it too far fetched that guys like Living Laser and Whirlwind could do the same under the right circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I haven't read the issue but Spidey has been gotten the better of when he's not on top of his game by guys in his rogues gallery like Shocker and Paste Pot Pete/Trapster so I wouldn't think it too far fetched that guys like Living Laser and Whirlwind could do the same under the right circumstances.
    Not to mention Living Laser weaponizes light and can (potentially) move at the speed of light, so he can be formidable if written that way. On the subject of Norman Osborn, though, I'll reiterate that there should have been a footnote referencing the events of the Ravencroft miniseries and the Ruins of Ravencroft preludes so the readers had somewhere to turn to find out what was going on with him. For those who haven't, in a nutshell, Osborn got cleaned up, so to speak, by a new clandestine government organization called JANUS (after the god of two faces) and now acts as their representative and agent inside Ravencroft.

Incredible Member

Not to mention Living Laser weaponizes light and can (potentially) move at the speed of light, so he can be formidable if written that way. On the subject of Norman Osborn, though, I'll reiterate that there should have been a footnote referencing the events of the Ravencroft miniseries and the Ruins of Ravencroft preludes so the readers had somewhere to turn to find out what was going on with him. For those who haven't, in a nutshell, Osborn got cleaned up, so to speak, by a new clandestine government organization called JANUS (after the god of two faces) and now acts as their representative and agent inside Ravencroft.

Is his involvement with this JANUS organization a completely seperate thing from his membership in the Power Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    Is his involvement with this JANUS organization a completely seperate thing from his membership in the Power Elite?
    Ah, you've been keeping up with Captain America, too? Yeah, it seems his membership in the Power Elite has been somewhat overlooked, though it could well dovetail eventually. Just gotta figure out how, exactly.

peter crying in a corner as if he had a chance in hell against 3 avengers villains anyway
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate