Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Hah! Does this mean storm will now be accepting her orders on the ship once again?
    We will have to wait and see if Giant Size: Storm shakes things up. Now that Kitty can be resurrected, Ororo does have to guard her anymore and is free to move on to something new.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Art kinda sucked, "funeral issues" in general are meh.

Streetwear detective Ororo was fun looking

HOPING Kate still has her rebel side after this rebirth. Otherwise... this book has no purpose anymore.

Making Shaw such a caricature is a definite choice. Not a good one.

Emma being this weepy is also a choice, but we saw that earlier. I liked it better when we theorized Emma was manipulating Kate for other agenda back in issue 1.

Need this book to get refocused on HELLFIRE and how Kate is questioning herself and finding things in a new changed world.

I also think the way they "explained" her rebirth was kinda, handwavey and made the earlier suspense seem lame.

Still need to find out why she can't use Krakoan Gates.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Happy to have Kitty back but I agree that expected more from the mystery surrounding the fact that she cannot be resurrected in Krakoa.

Well it looks like Sabretooth will get company in the depths of Krakoa perhaps? You never know with Emma.

I missed some important faces in Kitty's life at the funeral but in general most of the characters closest to her were present.

Several humans around the world have benefited from the medicines produced in Krakoa saving lives.It is good to remind those who criticize Xavier's and Krakoa methods that the exchange works on both sides.
    Last edited by Knives; 08-12-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    An autopsy would have at least revealed that she drowned, which would have been a lead at least.

And here's a thought: they can't punish Shaw now. He didn't do anything particularly bad, because the two people he attacked are alive anyway. If Kitty can come back, then his scheme is pointless. He'll probably get lectured by the Council and Emma will attack him offscreen. Mutants killing each other for whatever reason is already established to be a minor problem between Excalibur and Hellions.
    Part of the reason he killed her was because she found the power-dampening tech on the ship she commandeered, which would have linked him to Pierce and Zhao, who orchestrated the attack on Shinobi and the mutant children. So perhaps killing Kitty is not a crime but I'm sure the council wouldn't be happy to find out he was working with the likes of Hate-Monger and X-Cutioner.

They were all bank-rolled by Verendi, so Shaw is also involved with poisonous medicine almost going out to the humans of the world, causing a major international incident.

He's fucked.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Hmm...this issue was really underwhelming. Duggan's done a good job of introducing really interesting elements, but the payoff or the details seem to kind of squander the glory of the moment. Certainly not a bad issue, but just disappointed.

Fantastic Member

There were a lot of good moments, but the conclusion to the "poisoned medicine" storyline was kinda anti-climactic. Duggan kept reminding us that the issue needed to be dealt with, so I was expecting it to turn into some kind of side-story (ideally involving the under-used characters, like Bishop, Iceman and Pyro) rushing to switch out the medicine in time. Instead it just got taken care of off panel. On the other hand, it was nice to see Delores in person, and for Storm to get a scene to herself while also looking amazing.

Hmmm, agreeing with what others have said in that I kind of expected something more to this than a minor technicality. Just seems a tad implausible that it didn't occur to anyone to try assisting the hatching process after so many failed tries.

It was great to have such a major nod to Illyana and Rachel as important figures in Kate's life, but it seemed especially bizarre to have Piotr missing entirely from the crowd considering their long history and near marriage.

The reason behind the number 18 was a cool nod - I just wish it would have been explained on panel for those not familiar with the significance.

Nice to see some human allies in this issue.

Overall I enjoyed it and it's probably still the top X-book for me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    So Colossus, Pete Wisdom, Karma etc couldn't make it to the funeral but... Agent X was prominent?
    Proof Colossus views kitty as a op now for sure...

I don't think this will end the way people think it will, i mean they built up Shaw as having gone to careful planning and execution of this attack...so who is to say he doesn't have a contingencies in place for her coming back or any retaliation for his actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Part of the reason he killed her was because she found the power-dampening tech on the ship she commandeered, which would have linked him to Pierce and Zhao, who orchestrated the attack on Shinobi and the mutant children. So perhaps killing Kitty is not a crime but I'm sure the council wouldn't be happy to find out he was working with the likes of Hate-Monger and X-Cutioner.

They were all bank-rolled by Verendi, so Shaw is also involved with poisonous medicine almost going out to the humans of the world, causing a major international incident.

He's fucked
    So we believe, or want to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't think this will end the way people think it will, i mean they built up Shaw as having gone to careful planning and execution of this attack...so who is to say he doesn't have a contingencies in place for her coming back or any retaliation for his actions?
    The best theory I’ve heard is that Shaw is purposely gonna get himself sent to the Pit to convince Shinobi that he was a victim of the Queens’ scheming.

Because otherwise... shooting a mutant in broad daylight when you’re a citizen of a country with hundreds of telepaths and time travellers and chronoskimmers and whatnot... ain’t it chief. And he only killed Kate on a hunch that she wasn’t a real mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

He's fucked.
    Its been a while, so the details are fuzzy for me. What proof does she have that he supplied the power dampening tech on that ship, or was financing the others? Seems like the kind of thing he could easily lie about. It would be kind of bizarre for the threat of an international incident to be his downfall, when Beast is right around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was the only issue I really enjoyed today. The looks that Magik and Rachel gave Emma at the funeral were great. I'm glad they were shown so prominently, although the funeral probably should have shown more people. Emma vowing to make Shaw suffer, looking forward to that. Dolores Ramirez from the X-desk thirsting hard after Storm was great, as was the lampshading of Ororo's position in Krakoa. The reason for Kate's failed resurrections was kind of underwhelming, it seems it's not connected to why the gates don't work for her. I had no idea that the number 18 was significant in Judaism, The More You Know ==*. I'm ready for the Hellfire Gala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The gates mystery still hasn’t been resolved.
    Maybe the gates don't work for her for the same reason the resurrections didn't initially- maybe her body is instinctively trying to phase as she enters, and her powers cause it to clash with the Krakoa tech. Of course, that still leaves the reason why her powers don't work on Krakoa a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe the gates don't work for her for the same reason the resurrections didn't initially- maybe her body is instinctively trying to phase as she enters, and her powers cause it to clash with the Krakoa tech. Of course, that still leaves the reason why her powers don't work on Krakoa a mystery.
    Its never been stated that her powers dont work on Krakoa. This issue even disproves that

Als if she were trying to phase through the gates, she would just appear behind it. Thats not what happens.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    This was a fantastic issue. Kurt's letter, the funeral, Emma, Ororo's scene on the train... until Kate's resurrection. I don't know if Duggan wanted Emma to look particularly smart or what, but the revelation was such a dud. An island full of geniuses and no one remembered how Kate's power worked? It didn't really work for me.
    Agree that it was a very good emotional issue except certain close friends (Doug, Karma, Colossus) should have been in the funeral which the writer forgot or deliberately left out.