Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

BANNED

Default Marauders #11

This issue has been a long time coming and I have to say that it's pretty undercooked considering what it was trying to set-up.

It's times like this you appreciate George Lucas' mastery of the "all is lost" moment and sudden reversals of fortune.

Xavier's Note though is lovely.

YES YES YES YES! i must be sensitive today because from page one seeing rachel and illyana at the start with Emma and Storm waiting i was in tears. I knew i haven't liked kate this much in ages but i didn't know i loved kate this much. Then Xavier's note. I was gone, done. Then the lockheed i was like" get that a$$ emma. "Then Storm i was like "damn girl you serving up serious looks and this reminds me of the xse, days. YEEEEEEES!" Then kitty, i was like "YES YES YES" damn this book took me through the emotional wringer in great ways today. WHOO! Duggan DID THAT. 12 out 10 from me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Definitely my favourite issue since the Shaw spotlight one.

I wonder if Iceman will ever get panel time beyond his powers or a flash with Christian?

I tend to agree. I enjoyed the issue but the build up, especially with the Covid delays, really made this feel over hyped.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Well that was resolved quickly. I mean, the mystery made the book the most interesting to me, but part of that was due to the delays with Covid. Normal shipping schedules would have had this resolved in two months.

spoilers:
    And i thought the resurrection reason or lack thereof was PERFECT for kate. All of her husk were viable but rather than breaking the egg like others her body was instinctively trying to phase out of it and we already know kitty's powers clash with krakoa. It was a really good outcome. And seeing Emma guide her out like a mother literally giving birth.
    end of spoilers *tears*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I read a review that made it seem a lot more was going to happen.

But it was a nice quiet issue I suppose.

Seeing Rachel and Illyana there was great. As well as Nightcrawler. Surprised that Colossus, Wisdom, and Karma didnt make the cut.

Did Shaw shoot her? I don't remember him having a gun. I'll have to re-read that issue.

I liked the explanation of why they couldnt get her back.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

I loved the issue and was glad that Illyana and Rachel were front line at Kitty’s funeral. However, can I just say the highlight of the issue was how much Ororo was rocking that black colored Carmen Sandiego getup???! She looked incredible in that attire.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Emma is being the Emmest Emma of Emmaland.

Cant wait to see their vendetta against Shaw.

He will really will not see this comming

Illyana brought back the boob window in honor of Kate, there is no heterosexual explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I read a review that made it seem a lot more was going to happen.

But it was a nice quiet issue I suppose.

Seeing Rachel and Illyana there was great. As well as Nightcrawler. Surprised that Colossus, Wisdom, and Karma didnt make the cut.

Did Shaw shoot her? I don't remember him having a gun. I'll have to re-read that issue.

I liked the explanation of why they couldnt get her back.

Can't wait to see what comes next.
    He did in fact shoot her. It was a gun that held a net made out of Krakoa vines so she couldn't phase through it and thats how she drowned. that bastard got his coming to him. i hope they kill him in the most heinous way and put him at the back of the resurrection line. Though sometimes i like him. lol. *hangs head in shame* duggan too good.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was the only issue I really enjoyed today. The looks that Magik and Rachel gave Emma at the funeral were great. I'm glad they were shown so prominently, although the funeral probably should have shown more people. Emma vowing to make Shaw suffer, looking forward to that. Dolores Ramirez from the X-desk thirsting hard after Storm was great, as was the lampshading of Ororo's position in Krakoa. The reason for Kate's failed resurrections was kind of underwhelming, it seems it's not connected to why the gates don't work for her. I had no idea that the number 18 was significant in Judaism, The More You Know ==*. I'm ready for the Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Illyana brought back the boob window in honor of Kate, there is no heterosexual explanation for this.
    She wanted to give rachel something to smile about knowing how hard this was for them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I don't think I'm a fan of this fast paced storytelling, 3 times now I've just ended an issue going "huh guess that's over with". I really wasn't expecting her to be back already, I was interested to see Emma and Storm pull off some revenge but now the focus is going right back to Kitty.

BANNED

The gates mystery still hasn’t been resolved.