Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Who let Emma around horses?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I hate myself for saying this but did Shaw actually break any Krakoan laws when he killed Kitty? Last we saw there were only 3 and killing a fellow mutant wasn’t on the list. I feel like this will be his defense when he gets caught.
    Scalphunter got a lecture because of his fight in Hellions, and Empath was mind-raping people into fighting each other. They both got promotions and put on a team. So honestly its a toss up. And Shaw could have a lot of plausible deniability. Kitty shouldn't have any memory of the exact murder either.

On the power dampening gun. Xavier threatened to kill Reed Richards over something similar, so it really should be a big deal if she uses it for her own personal grudge. But this series has been the Emma Frost show where our Queen is the smartest person around and can do no wrong even when she acts outside the Council.

Have Emma and Kitty ever been friends at all before this? Last I read where they interacted, Kitty was trying to rush her because she was a war criminal, and didn't want Iceman associating with her. Now we're suddenly getting queer baiting with Emma and every female character around her

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Scalphunter got a lecture because of his fight in Hellions, and Empath was mind-raping people into fighting each other. They both got promotions and put on a team. So honestly its a toss up.
    A promotion is not the way I would describe being put on the Hellions team. Empath and Scalphunter are being to forced to do community service, and they have no position of power in Krakoan society. It is a punishment, albeit a mild one. And I really haven't interpreted any queer baiting from Emma and Kitty's relationship. It's more of a mother/daughter or older sister dynamic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    A promotion is not the way I would describe being put on the Hellions team. Empath and Scalphunter are being to forced to do community service, and they have no position of power in Krakoan society. It is a punishment, albeit a mild one. And I really haven't interpreted any queer baiting from Emma and Kitty's relationship. It's more of a mother/daughter or older sister dynamic.
    The dumbasses at XavierFiles think Kate and Emma are supposed to be read as a couple.

I keep laughing every time I look at Kitty's hair atop that horse.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Kate can’t go to the main parts of Krakoa, just like humans can’t as explained in HoX #1.
    Not sure where you’re getting that from. Humans can go to Krakoa as long as they’re accompanied by a mutant and given permission by Krakoa.

Kate has been shown on Krakoa numerous times throughout this series and in X-Men/Fantastic Four. She just needs to get there by boat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Scalphunter got a lecture because of his fight in Hellions, and Empath was mind-raping people into fighting each other. They both got promotions and put on a team. So honestly its a toss up. And Shaw could have a lot of plausible deniability. Kitty shouldn't have any memory of the exact murder either.

On the power dampening gun. Xavier threatened to kill Reed Richards over something similar, so it really should be a big deal if she uses it for her own personal grudge. But this series has been the Emma Frost show where our Queen is the smartest person around and can do no wrong even when she acts outside the Council.

Have Emma and Kitty ever been friends at all before this? Last I read where they interacted, Kitty was trying to rush her because she was a war criminal, and didn't want Iceman associating with her. Now we're suddenly getting queer baiting with Emma and every female character around her
    Emma has had a history with Kitty since before she joined the X-Men Emma tried to recruit her to her school at one point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Not sure where you’re getting that from. Humans can go to Krakoa as long as they’re accompanied by a mutant and given permission by Krakoa.

Kate has been shown on Krakoa numerous times throughout this series and in X-Men/Fantastic Four.
    She just needs to get there by boat.
    Not anymore apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Emma has had a history with Kitty since before she joined the X-Men Emma tried to recruit her to her school at one point.
    Xavier and Emma literally recruited her the same day, you know, the same day Emma blew up her henchmen and the ice-cream shop Kitty and Ororo, Logan, and Piotr went to. Emma was evil-incarnate to Kitty until the end of Whedon's Astonishing run(or rather, not until after Magneto brought her back to earth in the Fraction era). To say they were ever friends before then would be a complete fabrication.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-13-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That was such a pleasant experience for Kitty

Their relationship evolved after Astonishing X-Men and Fractions X-Men. Kitty was the only person who visited Emma after AvX. Its been years of evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Their relationship evolved after Astonishing X-Men and Fractions X-Men. Kitty was the only person who visited Emma after AvX. Its been years of evolution.
    It evolved from pure hatred to grudging acceptance. They were never friends and definitely not mother/daughter. And their relationship devolved after AvX and was never repaired until Duggan decided that they're BFFs for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It evolved from pure hatred to grudging acceptance. They were never friends and definitely not mother/daughter. And their relationship devolved after AvX and was never repaired until Duggan decided that they're BFFs for some reason.
    More then grudging acceptance. I would say to colleagues that genuinely respected one another in Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men. In Dark Reign Kittys loss was causing Emma much distress. And then when Emma brought Kitty along as her conscious in Fractions X-Men they became close frenemies. Kitty was concerned when Emma appeared dead in Gillens Breakerworld arc and felt sorry for her at the end of AvX. They were together on Bendis run as well.

Their relationship devolved after IvX and then Emma helped out in the last Icemann issue and Phoenix Resurrection and saved the universe once and Kitty wasn't very much present during the IVX era anyway. And probably understands Emmas perspective there.

I'd say they care for each other and that their friends now. Emma felt guilty over getting her involved. Of course she'd care.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-14-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    More then grudging acceptance. I would say to colleagues that genuinely respected one another in Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men. In Dark Reign Kittys loss was causing Emma much distress. And then when Emma brought Kitty along as her conscious in Fractions X-Men they became close frenemies. Kitty was concerned when Emma appeared dead in Gillens Breakerworld arc and felt sorry for her at the end of AvX. They were together on Bendis run as well.

Their relationship devolved after IvX and then Emma helped out in the last Icemann issue and Phoenix Resurrection and saved the universe once and Kitty wasn't very much present during the IVX era anyway. And probably understands Emmas perspective there.

I'd say they care for each other and that their friends now. Emma felt guilty over getting her involved. Of course she'd care.
    Emma had some affection for Kitty even before their relationship improved, so I buy it on her end. I don't buy it on Kitty's. Their relationship never recovered on page after IvX, Kitty was acting like a raving loon when she saw Emma in the Iceman series. I don't mind them becoming close, but it should be properly developed. Kitty just switched from being barely on speaking terms with her to being besties.

BANNED

lol who cares what happened in the Resurxion era.