Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What type of “thoughts” would the husk have?
    glub glub .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    glub glub .
    Kate husk thought’s: “Professor X is a jerk!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is a newly created brain. Perhaps you could detect primitive drowning instincts but you wouldn't understand why it doesn't just hatch.
    Even that should have been enough indication for someone to just crack the thing open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Even that should have been enough indication for someone to just crack the thing open.
    Are we sure they can be destroyed from the outside? As I remember in Bendis' Uncanny X-Men, they were indestructible.

Marauders has largely been an Emma Frost story, so it has to be Emma who saves Kate. The answers to all these mysteries keep coming fast, and have frankly been really disappointing. Basically the answer was everyone was totally incompetent. Did they never even do an autopsy to figure out if something went wrong?

The 18 connection felt kind of silly and forced. Especially when you combined it with cremating Kitty, which is super not good with Judiasm. Its like they did half the research to make some kind of connection to her religion, but only in the pretentious way and not the practical way.

I believed that "silly and forced connections" is how most religions are formed.

That's a real let down I really thought it was something serious that Kitty couldn't come back.

My guess is that Moria and Professor X were keeping her dead

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I believed that "silly and forced connections" is how most religions are formed.
    Kurt setting up a religion is such a red flag to me.
    He goes from having (understandable) questions and not feeling comfortable in the ‘cathedral’ to “I think I need to create a mutant religion.” In the two days into The Crucible and her resurrection.
    Setting up a conclave or synod with other religious mutants to discuss the moral ambiguities of Krakoa would be more like the Kurt I know. Setting up a religion is a whole different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kurt setting up a religion is such a red flag to me.
    He goes from having (understandable) questions and not feeling comfortable in the ‘cathedral’ to “I think I need to create a mutant religion.” In the two days into The Crucible and her resurrection.
    Setting up a conclave or synod with other religious mutants to discuss the moral ambiguities of Krakoa would be more like the Kurt I know. Setting up a religion is a whole different ball game.
    Especially given how important his faith has always been to him. To see him discard it so easily is weird. Also, this is the Marvel universe, where they have direct confirmation that most of their religions are right! Kurt has been to heaven AND hell! Multiple times!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The 18 connection felt kind of silly and forced. Especially when you combined it with cremating Kitty, which is super not good with Judiasm. Its like they did half the research to make some kind of connection to her religion, but only in the pretentious way and not the practical way.
    The fact that the X-men are playing god and cheating death is already a major offense, not just to Kitty's Judaism, but all major human religions. The mutants still acknowledge the cultures and faiths that they lived by in the human world, but I think that the new system of beliefs they've established for themselves on Krakoa is going to become predominant.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Marauders has largely been an Emma Frost story, so it has to be Emma who saves Kate. The answers to all these mysteries keep coming fast, and have frankly been really disappointing. Basically the answer was everyone was totally incompetent. Did they never even do an autopsy to figure out if something went wrong?

Not sure what an autopsy would have revealed. The only one who would have known was Charles and that would have required him to be monitoring the husk while it was inside the egg. Something that has not ever been needed before as most when awoken in a pool of liquid seek immediate escape instead of remaining where they are. Kate needed someone to literally tell her to come out.

Will be curious if this fixes her issues with the gates. I would hope not as other mutants with phasing abilities have not had the same issue traveling them. Only time will tell.

I can't wait to see Shaw's reaction at the next Inner council meeting. Whatever revenge Kate and Emma come up with better be exceptional.

If the husk doesn’t have the memories yet why would it be trying to phase? I was expecting a real mystery behind all of this but turns out to be a insignificant glitch. They were selling this as a thing along with her inability to use the gates, it probably turns out to be the same thing, she’s trying to phase through instead of just walking...

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    If the husk doesn’t have the memories yet why would it be trying to phase? I was expecting a real mystery behind all of this but turns out to be a insignificant glitch. They were selling this as a thing along with her inability to use the gates, it probably turns out to be the same thing, she’s trying to phase through instead of just walking...
    Its instinctual.

FYI, this has nothing to do with why she wasnt able to use the gates as she wasnt phasing through them. She got physically damaged when she tried to use one; she didnt phase to the other side

An autopsy would have at least revealed that she drowned, which would have been a lead at least.

And here's a thought: they can't punish Shaw now. He didn't do anything particularly bad, because the two people he attacked are alive anyway. If Kitty can come back, then his scheme is pointless. He'll probably get lectured by the Council and Emma will attack him offscreen. Mutants killing each other for whatever reason is already established to be a minor problem between Excalibur and Hellions.

It was okay. I just feel like the story need more bang. I wanted to see Emma and Storm nuke some Sh1t. I know it a set up for Shaw's downfall but I think my anticipation for this book hyped me up to much.

Plus, I feel Kitty could have stayed dead for another years or so...I was fine with the Emma/Storm show.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-12-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.