Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Marauders #11

This issue has been a long time coming and I have to say that it's pretty undercooked considering what it was trying to set-up.

It's times like this you appreciate George Lucas' mastery of the "all is lost" moment and sudden reversals of fortune.

Xavier's Note though is lovely.

YES YES YES YES! i must be sensitive today because from page one seeing rachel and illyana at the start with Emma and Storm waiting i was in tears. I knew i haven't liked kate this much in ages but i didn't know i loved kate this much. Then Xavier's note. I was gone, done. Then the lockheed i was like" get that a$$ emma. "Then Storm i was like "damn girl you serving up serious looks and this reminds me of the xse, days. YEEEEEEES!" Then kitty, i was like "YES YES YES" damn this book took me through the emotional wringer in great ways today. WHOO! Duggan DID THAT. 12 out 10 from me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Definitely my favourite issue since the Shaw spotlight one.

I wonder if Iceman will ever get panel time beyond his powers or a flash with Christian?

I tend to agree. I enjoyed the issue but the build up, especially with the Covid delays, really made this feel over hyped.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Well that was resolved quickly. I mean, the mystery made the book the most interesting to me, but part of that was due to the delays with Covid. Normal shipping schedules would have had this resolved in two months.

spoilers:
    And i thought the resurrection reason or lack thereof was PERFECT for kate. All of her husk were viable but rather than breaking the egg like others her body was instinctively trying to phase out of it and we already know kitty's powers clash with krakoa. It was a really good outcome. And seeing Emma guide her out like a mother literally giving birth.
    end of spoilers *tears*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I read a review that made it seem a lot more was going to happen.

But it was a nice quiet issue I suppose.

Seeing Rachel and Illyana there was great. As well as Nightcrawler. Surprised that Colossus, Wisdom, and Karma didnt make the cut.

Did Shaw shoot her? I don't remember him having a gun. I'll have to re-read that issue.

I liked the explanation of why they couldnt get her back.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Seeing Rachel and Illyana there was great. As well as Nightcrawler. Surprised that Colossus, Wisdom, and Karma didnt make the cut.

Did Shaw shoot her? I don't remember him having a gun. I'll have to re-read that issue.

He did in fact shoot her. It was a gun that held a net made out of Krakoa vines so she couldn't phase through it and thats how she drowned. that bastard got his coming to him. i hope they kill him in the most heinous way and put him at the back of the resurrection line. Though sometimes i like him. lol. *hangs head in shame* duggan too good.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

He shot Lockheed with a net gun, that was Lockheed’s memory.

I would have expected Logan and Peter and Brian and Meggan to attend.

Loved seeng Illyana and Rachel so prominent.
    Will someone, anyone, please give Kurt a hug? But at least he’s not sad any more. I would kill to see them all go down to the Green Lagoon to get hammered.
    And what’s the significance of 18, unless it’s Kate is 18 in the Major Arcana, which is The Moon? I’m pretty sure each X-Man has a tarot card.

I loved the issue and was glad that Illyana and Rachel were front line at Kitty’s funeral. However, can I just say the highlight of the issue was how much Ororo was rocking that black colored Carmen Sandiego getup???! She looked incredible in that attire.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Emma is being the Emmest Emma of Emmaland.

Cant wait to see their vendetta against Shaw.

He will really will not see this comming

Illyana brought back the boob window in honor of Kate, there is no heterosexual explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Illyana brought back the boob window in honor of Kate, there is no heterosexual explanation for this.
    She wanted to give rachel something to smile about knowing how hard this was for them.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

This was the only issue I really enjoyed today. The looks that Magik and Rachel gave Emma at the funeral were great. I'm glad they were shown so prominently, although the funeral probably should have shown more people. Emma vowing to make Shaw suffer, looking forward to that. Dolores Ramirez from the X-desk thirsting hard after Storm was great, as was the lampshading of Ororo's position in Krakoa. The reason for Kate's failed resurrections was kind of underwhelming, it seems it's not connected to why the gates don't work for her. I had no idea that the number 18 was significant in Judaism, The More You Know ==*. I'm ready for the Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    This was the only issue I really enjoyed today. The looks that Magik and Rachel gave Emma at the funeral were great. I'm glad they were shown so prominently, although the funeral probably should have shown more people. Emma vowing to make Shaw suffer, looking forward to that. Dolores Ramirez from the X-desk thirsting hard after Storm was great, as was the lampshading of Ororo's position in Krakoa. The reason for Kate's failed resurrections was kind of underwhelming, it seems it's not connected to why the gates don't work for her. I had no idea that the number 18 was significant in Judaism, The More You Know ==*. I'm ready for the Hellfire Gala.
    I found it interesting that Rachel thought Emma was leaving early and was offended, but maybe Emma was blocking all the telepaths from touching her mind! We all know the reason Emma left the funeral is because she went home and had a breakdown from her grief! She didn't want to collapse in front of everyone!

Rachel and Illyana were definitely looking like Kate's loved ones, and Storm and Emma like Kate's parents! It's an interesting dynamic!

I feel this issue focussed on how two different women handle their grief! Storm threw herself into work to try and stay composed and to take care of important business, but she was boiling beneath the surface! But Emma who is usually so type-A about work, just couldn't, she just broke down at home and wanted to be alone! God help Shaw when Emma and Storm turn their attention on him next, he is going to wish he was dead by the time the two of them are through with him!

I really noticed that in this issue we got to see Emma in different lights! When she realized Shaw murdered Kate, she went into a rage and you felt for a second she was going to kill him that day! But then she focussed back on Lockheed, and she deflated! I feel like deep inside she was asking herself what Kate would do? And for Emma the answer is to take care of Lockheed and make sure he is going to recover, that would be priority #1, so that is what she did! It was while she was taking care of Lockheed and it made her think they should try one more time to bring Kate back, and it was like from that point on Emma was trying to think on how Kate would do things, and that was when she realized Kate was probably phased in the egg and just needed to be guided out!

But yes, that scene very much gave me mother/daughter vibes for Emma and Kate! She was guiding her daughter to be born again and then welcoming her back into the world! Kate's last memory was a moment of affection between her and Emma, a moment that they both showed themselves vulnerable to the other!

It's interesting how we have come to the point now where Emma is probably going to be a very protective mother figure to Kate, and god help anyone who ever hurts Kate again! Emma sees Kate as part of her family, just like Christian, or the Cuckoos, and Emma is very protective of family!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”