Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its never been stated that her powers dont work on Krakoa. This issue even disproves that

Als if she were trying to phase through the gates, she would just appear behind it. Thats not what happens.
    It's still a mystery why she can't go through the gates, maybe somebody has to pull her in from the other side or appear solid before going through

BANNED

Its never been stated that her powers dont work on Krakoa. This issue even disproves that

Als if she were trying to phase through the gates, she would just appear behind it. Thats not what happens.
    She can’t phase through Krakoan vines.

I'm glad that Kate wont be missing from this comic for an extended period of time. She has been the best part of this comic for me. I just hope that they dont completely reset her back to the way she was during X-Men Gold. I like the version of Kitty that we have been getting in this comic.

The reveal of why Kitty couldn't be resurrected really was disappointing however.

Looking forward to see how Emma get's revenge on Kate, and if the Professor really will be upset that Kate has returned.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-12-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Hopefully we'll see more of Rachel and Illyana next issue so they can welcome Kitty back and bury the hatchet with Emma.

Solid issue today. I liked seeing Emma rage when she learned the truth and am excited to see what's in store for Shaw.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm glad that Kate wont be missing from this comic for an extended period of time. She has been the best part of this comic for me. I just hope that they dont completely reset her back to the way she was during X-Men Gold. I like the version of Kitty that we have been getting in this comic.

The reveal of why Kitty couldn't be resurrected really was disappointing however.

Looking forward to see how Emma get's revenge on Kate, and if the Professor really will be upset that Kate has returned.
    As long as Duggan remembers he has to write a team book and not a solo on Kitty

The problem with the first six issues was that they were all about Kitty (and sometimes Emma) and the other characters had no chance to shine

But of course, that doesn't stop me from wanting to see Kitty get revenge on Shaw

And to see Emma propose to Selene to take back her title of Black Queen (and I would love for her to allow Sunspot to become the Lord Imperial again but that would be too good to be true)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Solid issue today. I liked seeing Emma rage when she learned the truth and am excited to see what's in store for Shaw.
    Shaw is going to keep Sabertooth company,however I wouldn't be surprised if he has bought himself a dupe via Verendi for contingency.We know Krakoa's cloning tech is also available in Russia for example and Verendi are in league with the Russians.

Astonishing Member

I understood it this way,as she was dying with the vines she was attempting to phase,that being her last memory made her cloned body imprint that in muscle memory .So even in the egg she was always part phasing and none of the fives powers were working on her in that state.I guess not until Emma used telepathy to calm her down did she actually get out of the incubator. That is my theory and perhaps the biggest hole is how Xavier with cerebro did not help her like Emma did...so maybe I'm wrong on why she couldn't be resurrected before. As for not being able to use the gates I always thought maybe it's because she's Neo and not mutant.Maybe Krakoa recognises that.

Fantastic Member

This was a lot of lead up to very little payoff. Partly I wonder if the delays and COVID made this seem more important than it was meant to be, but.. they are the ones that made a big deal of their inability to ressurect her. And somehow Charles, the guy who taught her for years, can't sense something that Emma, the woman who she hated for years, can.. it reeks of "telling, not showing" a relationship change. Its kind of cringey to really think people who have been reviving the dead for months now wouldn't be able to tell when someone is successfully made as a husk and just left in the oven too long and drowning from it. As if the most basic sense of medical knowledge and vital analysis wouldnt make this obvious, regardless of telepathy.. yikes. How did the x-men survive for decades if they can't tell when someone is drowning?

As for a lot of important people being left out of Kitty's funeral.. disappointed but not surprised. Marauders has not by any means been about respecting the totality of Kitty's relationships and rather about showing off wharves pie slices the writer wants to, and at this point it mostly revolves around her crew and coworkers. But the idea that piotr wouldn't go to her funeral after knowing she went to Russia to scatter his ashes at his homeland.. yikes.

And the total lack of respect for her religion (which has always been an important part of her character) is really just cementing the fact that duggan doesn't really care about kitty's history much at all beyond the very few select parts of it he wants to use, most notably her history with Emma.

YMMV but Marauders has been going down hill fast and despite Hickman's talk earlier of the five and the ressurection protocol meant to put a stop to cheap death drama, that is exactly what Kitty's death has been the past few issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    This was a lot of lead up to very little payoff. Partly I wonder if the delays and COVID made this seem more important than it was meant to be, but.. they are the ones that made a big deal of their inability to ressurect her. And somehow Charles, the guy who taught her for years, can't sense something that Emma, the woman who she hated for years, can.. it reeks of "telling, not showing" a relationship change. Its kind of cringey to really think people who have been reviving the dead for months now wouldn't be able to tell when someone is successfully made as a husk and just left in the oven too long and drowning from it. As if the most basic sense of medical knowledge and vital analysis wouldnt make this obvious, regardless of telepathy.. yikes. How did the x-men survive for decades if they can't tell when someone is drowning?

As for a lot of important people being left out of Kitty's funeral.. disappointed but not surprised. Marauders has not by any means been about respecting the totality of Kitty's relationships and rather about showing off wharves pie slices the writer wants to, and at this point it mostly revolves around her crew and coworkers. But the idea that piotr wouldn't go to her funeral after knowing she went to Russia to scatter his ashes at his homeland.. yikes.

And the total lack of respect for her religion (which has always been an important part of her character) is really just cementing the fact that duggan doesn't really care about kitty's history much at all beyond the very few select parts of it he wants to use, most notably her history with Emma.

YMMV but Marauders has been going down hill fast and despite Hickman's talk earlier of the five and the ressurection protocol meant to put a stop to cheap death drama, that is exactly what Kitty's death has been the past few issues.
    I agree totally on Xavier who taught her with cerebro couldn't sense anything but Emma did.Frankly is just ridiculous. Yeah but we have Elixir not being able to cure Deadpool so we have to check some braincells at the door for some 'plot devices'

Astonishing Member

It would be fun to see, what punishments QC would see as worthy of Shaw.I know we already have the pit.However I think all QC members have their own sense of justice. I wonder what those would be and what would make Shaw feel the vengeance.

Xavier probably wants him in the pit
    Apocalypse would probably want to execute him personally ,always up for a challenge
    Magneto would probably want him depowered.
    Kurt probably wants exile
    Storm would probably want to destroy all his businesses/finances to make him a disgraced pauper
    Jean would probably want cerebro erase all memory of him so that his death is permanent
    Emma would probably give his seat to Black Tom while she becomes new head of Hellfire ,just to twist the knife.
    Mystique would probably want him watch Shinobi executed in front of him without hope for ressurection.
    Sinister would probably want to bottle him for experiments ,not that he cares but would want to vivisect anyone he can for kicks
    Exodus I have no idea what he'd do,probably wouldn't be anything Shaw could think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can't wait for the Hellfire Gala, favourite X-Book by far. Hopefully Shaw suffers. Duggan is great

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    This was a glorious issue and I'm glad Kate is back but I was hoping her being part Neo would be the reasons he was resurrected. I'm glad that it was Mama that ultimately saved her and I cannot wait for Mama's revenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgmNWBlTAQ
    It's never really been touched on, but the resurrection process has nothing to do with the X-Gene, but whether or not that person is in Sinister's DNA bank and backed up by Cerebro. There's no practical reason others couldn't be included, except in the massive problems of scale it could introduce if it became descoped from mutants only.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its been a while, so the details are fuzzy for me. What proof does she have that he supplied the power dampening tech on that ship, or was financing the others? Seems like the kind of thing he could easily lie about. It would be kind of bizarre for the threat of an international incident to be his downfall, when Beast is right around the corner.
    Yeah the forced break didn't help so I reread some of the issues before this got started again. She had the ship with the tech so it's likely that once they investigated Bishop would have tracked it back to Shaw. I think that's why he showed up when he did and since her last memory was with Emma, Emma now has cause to probe Shaw's mind after seeing Lockheed's thoughts.
    I'm not a fan of what Beast did but I understand the threat versus Shaw, who is an open representative of Krakoa's trade, working behind his country's back to profit even if it meant millions of humans dying from the tainted meds. I'm still curious if Christian will get dragged into this.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Guess I'm the only one who wants Shaw to getaway with his actions. This book is all pro Kate/Emma and it's boring, Sebastian serves as a great counter point to those two and it's far more interesting to see the back and forth between both sides. Besides Emma has been goading Shaw since the beginning, she didn't want him resurrected or on the council and has been flaunting her superior attitude in his face, along with Kate. Now they want to act indignant that Shaw made a move against them? But Duggan is a Emma/Kate fan boy so Shaw will be thoroughly destroyed by them and that's that. A shame though, Shaw is a great character/antagonist and his presence added to the book. But this is destined to be the Emma and Kate show.