Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marauders #11

I hope they avenge by turning Lourdes against him.

I thought the woman in the wheelchair was her at first.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 08-13-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Guess I'm the only one who wants Shaw to getaway with his actions. This book is all pro Kate/Emma and it's boring, Sebastian serves as a great counter point to those two and it's far more interesting to see the back and forth between both sides. Besides Emma has been goading Shaw since the beginning, she didn't want him resurrected or on the council and has been flaunting her superior attitude in his face, along with Kate. Now they want to act indignant that Shaw made a move against them? But Duggan is a Emma/Kate fan boy so Shaw will be thoroughly destroyed by them and that's that. A shame though, Shaw is a great character/antagonist and his presence added to the book. But this is destined to be the Emma and Kate show.
    I agree to an extent,but to me Shaw has served his purpose,he is one dimensional .His thing has always been ego and profiteering.He doesn't give a damn about mutants
    I sense they want to play Game of Thrones intrigue,I say let Shaw get executed and then have Shinobi seek vengeance on Emma to avenge his father and be the new Hellfire villain going as far as seeking an alliance with Donald. That would be better storytelling than concentrating on Shaw.Plus it would give a new emphasis on capital punishment on Krakoa ,other than the pit

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    This was a lot of lead up to very little payoff. Partly I wonder if the delays and COVID made this seem more important than it was meant to be, but.. they are the ones that made a big deal of their inability to ressurect her. And somehow Charles, the guy who taught her for years, can't sense something that Emma, the woman who she hated for years, can.. it reeks of "telling, not showing" a relationship change. Its kind of cringey to really think people who have been reviving the dead for months now wouldn't be able to tell when someone is successfully made as a husk and just left in the oven too long and drowning from it. As if the most basic sense of medical knowledge and vital analysis wouldnt make this obvious, regardless of telepathy.. yikes. How did the x-men survive for decades if they can't tell when someone is drowning?

As for a lot of important people being left out of Kitty's funeral.. disappointed but not surprised. Marauders has not by any means been about respecting the totality of Kitty's relationships and rather about showing off wharves pie slices the writer wants to, and at this point it mostly revolves around her crew and coworkers. But the idea that piotr wouldn't go to her funeral after knowing she went to Russia to scatter his ashes at his homeland.. yikes.

And the total lack of respect for her religion (which has always been an important part of her character) is really just cementing the fact that duggan doesn't really care about kitty's history much at all beyond the very few select parts of it he wants to use, most notably her history with Emma.

YMMV but Marauders has been going down hill fast and despite Hickman's talk earlier of the five and the ressurection protocol meant to put a stop to cheap death drama, that is exactly what Kitty's death has been the past few issues.
    I expect Kitty will be shown to reject Judaism in favor of the new religion Nightcrawler is creating, probably most mutants will abandon whatever human belief systems they have and embrace the new mutant one. It will certainly be in line with everything else off with the characters.

The reveal for why Kitty couldn't be resurrected was lame and the resolution was very anticlimactic. It was the type of thing you might see as a reveal at the end of an issue, not as part of a major hyped multi-issue storyline. This is pretty much the only X-Book I'm still reading and I'm probably going to drop it, too.

I just noticed. The stupid finger tattoos are gone. Does this mean Bishop’s “M” tattoo would be gone as well if he gets rezzed? It didn’t really dawn on me until now that Madrox doesn’t have his anymore since he came back.

The adsense of Piotr, Doug, Logan and some others at the funeral is ridiculous. And the way this run is forcing Emma as Kitty's mother figure is equally ridiculous. I can't even remember the last time these two had a civil conversation, let alone were close. If you wanna go this route then at least show the development first, don't just change character dynamics off page.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    I expect Kitty will be shown to reject Judaism in favor of the new religion Nightcrawler is creating, probably most mutants will abandon whatever human belief systems they have and embrace the new mutant one. It will certainly be in line with everything else off with the characters.

The reveal for why Kitty couldn't be resurrected was lame and the resolution was very anticlimactic. It was the type of thing you might see as a reveal at the end of an issue, not as part of a major hyped multi-issue storyline. This is pretty much the only X-Book I'm still reading and I'm probably going to drop it, too.
    I expect a huge deal of controversy if Kate rejects Judaism. She's always been very proud of her heritage and she's one of the most well-known (if not the most well-known) Jewish characters in comics.

With regards to the book, I'm hoping that issue twelve turns things around though it might just be X of Swords set up.

I enjoyed this issue. Stefano Caselli's art is looking much better than when he first started on this series. I, too, was disappointed in the reveal of why Kate wasn't resurrecting. There was too much build up and I would've been fine with that plot going a little bit longer with a different outcome. I guess it just kills the sting of death when you think about the 2 pointless deaths over in X-Force.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I just noticed. The stupid finger tattoos are gone. Does this mean Bishop’s “M” tattoo would be gone as well if he gets rezzed? It didn’t really dawn on me until now that Madrox doesn’t have his anymore since he came back.
    This is correct. If Daken dies and resurrects, he loses his tattoos as well.

BANNED

This is complete, paranoid bananas.

I expect Kitty will be shown to reject Judaism in favor of the new religion Nightcrawler is creating
    Kitty "I am Jewish. I am a Mutant. And I want people to know who and what I am" Pryde would never reject Judaism

Kitty is extremely proud to be Jewish, and that's an important part of the character
    Duggan just can't decide to suddenly make her an atheist or convert her to another religion

With mutants always bragging about how they do things better than humans and have no need of their archaic institutions, it would make 100 % sense for them to get rid of human religions.
    But I doubt writers will dare open this can of worms. Or at least not with judaism and islam.
    Ah, it's not like people IRL have not the same hypocrisy. Wanting to fight patriarchy and bigotry, but still giving a free pass to religions. Wanting to censor or to cancell problematic books, but not wanting to go after religious books which reading or misreading (depending how you see it) can and have led to thousands of murders.
    Last edited by mugiwara; 08-13-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Regardless of what some readers may think...mutants on Krakoa still have free will to choose their own paths...be it religion, love or vocation.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The reason for why they couldnt resurrect Kitty before was dumb and it really took them 18 times knowing the nature of her powers?

Yes to boob window!
    I mean it all has to do with perspective in my opinion The Five have successfully resurrected thousands of mutants without a hitch even Shinobi whose powers are similar to Kate's was resurrected without trouble. Makes no sense why they would assume that our powers are somehow disrupting the resurrection process when that's literally never been the case before.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean it all has to do with perspective in my opinion The Five have successfully resurrected thousands of mutants without a hitch even Shinobi whose powers are similar to Kate's was resurrected without trouble. Makes no sense why they would assume that our powers are somehow disrupting the resurrection process when that's literally never been the case before.
    I can buy that after maybe the first 5 attempts but to continue to keep trying the same thing with the same results makes no sense. There should have been experimentation and investigation about what exactly was happening with the husks. It doesnt make sense to me that Hope didnt detect an active mutant signature from her nor that no one would break the egg open (as is needed for every single resurrection). Obviously the husk isnt doint it, so why did no one else do it for her? Before we were told that they werent viable but in this issue we learn that they were alive, but died. Elixir couldnt tell that? Xavier couldnt sense an active brain pattern? I find this all too much of a stretch to buy. 18 attempts

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    An autopsy would have at least revealed that she drowned, which would have been a lead at least.

And here's a thought: they can't punish Shaw now. He didn't do anything particularly bad, because the two people he attacked are alive anyway. If Kitty can come back, then his scheme is pointless. He'll probably get lectured by the Council and Emma will attack him offscreen. Mutants killing each other for whatever reason is already established to be a minor problem between Excalibur and Hellions.
    He absolutely can be punished. He not only attacked another of the Quiet Council but killed them and he did so under the full assumption that Kate's powers would prevent her from being resurrected. So permanent death. I don't think he's going to get off with a slap on the wrist after all of that.
    Last edited by loke13; 08-13-2020 at 09:22 AM.