Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 211

Thread: Marauders #11

  1. #181
    Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Emma had some affection for Kitty even before their relationship improved, so I buy it on her end. I don't buy it on Kitty's. Their relationship never recovered on page after IvX, Kitty was acting like a raving loon when she saw Emma in the Iceman series. I don't mind them becoming close, but it should be properly developed. Kitty just switched from being barely on speaking terms with her to being besties.
    They also previously teamed up to take down Shaw once before in Fraction's run.

  2. #182

    Default

    Emma also sent Kitty a gift to her bachelorette party with a nice note, Kitty seemed touched by it.



    Kitty's the type to easily be your friend if you're warm to her and Emma warmed up once Krakoa was established. I believe it.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 08-14-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  3. #183
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Post IvX Kitty should be ignored.

  4. #184
    Incredible Member Wissenschaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    803

    Default

    "Emma. The Last thing I remember...is you kissing me at the red keep.
    Yes, I do have that effect on people."

    That was a great panel. A pretty great chapter.

  5. #185
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    4,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think they're going to kill Shaw. Emma has secretly hidden Forges depower gun. She is going to cast him out of heaven by revoking his mutant card I think. Which might get her thrown in the pit.
    I cannot imagine them throwing Emma in the pit. Too good a character.

    If Shaw would be depowered he could have Elicir heal him to restoring his powers or make sure he dies to be resurrected. Emma would come up with a much better revenge than that. Like she got rid of Shaw twice now!

  6. #186
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I cannot imagine them throwing Emma in the pit. Too good a character.

    If Shaw would be depowered he could have Elicir heal him to restoring his powers or make sure he dies to be resurrected. Emma would come up with a much better revenge than that. Like she got rid of Shaw twice now!
    Elixir can do that and they're still sending people through Crucible?

  7. #187
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Elixir can do that and they're still sending people through Crucible?
    They have Jaime Braddock, he can revive the dead with a finger poke. Surely he can do something as easy as re-activating mutants powers. Reality is putty in his hands.

    https://abload.de/img/15c1jda.jpg

  8. #188
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    "Emma. The Last thing I remember...is you kissing me at the red keep.
    Yes, I do have that effect on people."

    That was a great panel. A pretty great chapter.
    In HoX 5 the last thing X-Men remembered was dying, now I don't know why Kitty would remember Emma's kiss. Unless Emma put a reboot marker in her mind, but the Kitty knows Shaw struck already so Kitty's comment is inexplicably dumb.Maybe resurrection memory logs are corrupted coz it's getting ridiculous.

  9. #189
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In HoX 5 the last thing X-Men remembered was dying, now I don't know why Kitty would remember Emma's kiss. Unless Emma put a reboot marker in her mind, but the Kitty knows Shaw struck already so Kitty's comment is inexplicably dumb.Maybe resurrection memory logs are corrupted coz it's getting ridiculous.
    The mind back-up happens whenever Cerebro last did it. In House Of X a big point of Krakoa staying in psychic contact with the team was to keep them backed up to recover intel in the case that they died.

  10. #190
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,506

    Default

    Uh Whooops!
    GrindrStone(D)

  11. #191
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The mind back-up happens whenever Cerebro last did it. In House Of X a big point of Krakoa staying in psychic contact with the team was to keep them backed up to recover intel in the case that they died.
    Not true. The psychic contact was for Xavier to stay connected with Jean in order to confirm the deaths of the X-men. X-men #6 flat out says that the last backup was before they left for the mission. Magneto believed that Mystique completed her mission but he needed to confirm it. She had to go back to Orchis using the Krakoa gate to confirm that as she had no actual recollection of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In HoX 5 the last thing X-Men remembered was dying, now I don't know why Kitty would remember Emma's kiss. Unless Emma put a reboot marker in her mind, but the Kitty knows Shaw struck already so Kitty's comment is inexplicably dumb.Maybe resurrection memory logs are corrupted coz it's getting ridiculous.
    Also not true. The X-men dont mention remembering dying

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Also not true. The X-men dont mention remembering dying
    Right. I believe when Scott is resurrected his first question is, "did it work?" because he didn't remember the outcome.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  13. #193
    Incredible Member Wissenschaft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    In HoX 5 the last thing X-Men remembered was dying, now I don't know why Kitty would remember Emma's kiss. Unless Emma put a reboot marker in her mind, but the Kitty knows Shaw struck already so Kitty's comment is inexplicably dumb.Maybe resurrection memory logs are corrupted coz it's getting ridiculous.
    Its likely just the first thing that popped in her mind, not necessary the last thing she could remember. Its like waking up after a long sleep and trying to remember what you did in what order last night. Memory is tricky and your often don't remember everything in order or right away.

    Also, as others have stated, its unclear when her memory was last backed up.

  14. #194
    Fantastic Member superjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Emma also sent Kitty a gift to her bachelorette party with a nice note, Kitty seemed touched by it.

    Kitty's the type to easily be your friend if you're warm to her and Emma warmed up once Krakoa was established. I believe it.
    That has to be Claremont's writing... boomer4lyfe lol

  15. #195
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not true. The psychic contact was for Xavier to stay connected with Jean in order to confirm the deaths of the X-men. X-men #6 flat out says that the last backup was before they left for the mission. Magneto believed that Mystique completed her mission but he needed to confirm it. She had to go back to Orchis using the Krakoa gate to confirm that as she had no actual recollection of it



    Also not true. The X-men dont mention remembering dying
    While they don't use the word dying, Scott says something like is it done? Or did we succeed? (Not quotting verbatim) So it is not categorically talking about death but it is tantamount to him talking about the mission which he knew was perilous.It is a logical question because he wanted to know if their mission on mothermold was a success even after their death.Besides to wake up from an egg is self explanatory.You cannot wake up and ask such a question with no clue that you died.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-18-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •