Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Default X-Force #11 Recap and Review, Spoilers

- Sage , Beast, and Cece are performing an autopsy on some Russian fighters that I guess they fought and defeated off panel.
    - One of the bodies cracks open and a little man pops out and stabs Cece. She dies. Beast kills the little guy only for another, smaller guy to pop out of that body. They are Russian Nesting Soldiers – So Zany.
    - Sage and Beast chase the little guy out of the lab as the other bodies begin to pop open.
    - Dom asks Colossus to join X-Force, he declines. Some random girl whose name I’ve already forgotten gives Dom attitude and is apparently romantically pursuing Colossus.
    - One of the little soldier guys either knocks out or kills Sage and accesses the Krakoan computer. While other little soldier guys cause a big distracting fight elsewhere. This fight spills over to the Savage Land and Colossus joins the fray on Krakoa.
    - Black Tom gets Xavier to safety, and one of the little soldier guys steals the Cerebro sword from Xavier’s place.
    - The big fight ends, Colossus leaves. Beast seems to be realizing that they have an intelligence leak.
    - Quentin and Sophie Cuckoo are secretly hooking up? Ew. She leaves, Quentin gets stabbed with the Cerebro sword and shoved through a gate to Russia, where some guy with a cape (are we supposed to know him?) collects the sword. TBC.
    - Data Pages: some Russian author is approached by an agent to work for his country, he is the scribe? Chronicler? I forget, that has been signing the previous data pages.

This issue was not great to me. The constant deaths are getting tedious. I know it’s tonally appropriate for an X-Force book, but that’s why I generally dislike most kill squad X-Force books. I don’t buy that Beast and Sage are dumb enough to leave the other bodies in the lab unattended. Colossus still bores me and this random girl lusting after him is immediately unappealing. Quentin and Sophie is gross, the only way this hook up makes sense is if the Cuckoos really are up to something with the psychic boys of Krakoa. And of course he dies again, time to find a new bit Percy. All this for the Cerebro sword and I find I don’t really care to find out what random Russian dude is up to with it. Boring story, lackluster art, good colors.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I loved Cecilia's uniform, but hate what happened to her. Why didn't her force field protect her from that? It would have been nice to see her out on the field, and this would have been the time to do it. The nesting doll concept was cool, and the death of Kid Omega made me laugh. It confirms its a gag at this point. Overall, this was very fillerish, but enjoyable. The best part was when Mikhail showed up. Excited to see what he's up to, and why he wanted that sword.

The russian guy is Mikhail, Piotr's brother, I believe.

This issue had a bunch of ??? moments for me, esp Cecilia's death. I appreciated Percy's pacing at the beginning of the book but even I could agree that having a character die every issue is getting a little tiring.

Also should we talk about how the cover has absolutely nothing to do with the issue? Omega Red? Did something change after the cover was comissioned?
    Last edited by nandes; 08-12-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

That was supposed to be Mikhail? So he could have just used the gate and gotten the sword himself. Magik continues to be the only Rasputin sibling I care about.

I believe those Russian soldiers were retrieved in Wolverine.
    Gross little creatures that know how to work computers. Dangerous little f****.

Quire died a happy man.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Loved this issue! X-Force never disappoints.
    Only weird thing was the cover, where was Omega Red?

LOL..so they really gonna kill Quentin every issue? They should instill a law that you only get 3 resurrections a year. Its ridiculous how one mutant keeps jumping the queue

This issue was better than the other Collossus/Domino led issues

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, that's Mikhail. He has that scar over his eye.

This will be the first book i'm dropping since the start of dawn of x. I had thought about it with excalibur but that recovered somewhat for me but i'm just done here. First of all i was just reading about cecilia powers the other day her shield is ALWAYS on and instinctively protects her so what happened to her in this issue was just dumb. I guess be careful what you ask for when you ask for diversity. It's just shock value and very little story at this point. From a great book to repetitive trash. I'm out.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

okay i think Percy is treating Quentin like Kenny from the early seasons of South Park. lol. Colossus working in the Savage land, wonder if he will run into and finally find out about his illegitimate son.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I loved Cecilia's uniform, but hate what happened to her. Why didn't her force field protect her from that? It would have been nice to see her out on the field, and this would have been the time to do it. The nesting doll concept was cool, and the death of Kid Omega made me laugh. It confirms its a gag at this point. Overall, this was very fillerish, but enjoyable. The best part was when Mikhail showed up. Excited to see what he's up to, and why he wanted that sword.
    Yeah I hated that. Percy finally brought in a black character to have them say "Oh hell no!" and then get their throat slashed...

BANNED

Hahaha Quire must be like the running Gag of Krakoa. Or at least in X-Force.

Also dang Krakoa seems to be easy to infiltrate.

This was only slightly less ridiculous than X-Men: Empyre this week.

Those Russian dolls are an interesting concept but the comic has been a bit chaotic.

I love Quentin Quire dying running gag.

So the Cuckoos are pretty much two-timing Quentin and Cable. I wonder if this leads to a confrontation between the guys. I wonder what game they are really playing