Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Glad I dropped this after Jean quit the team, but lmao @ the art implying Quentin got some head before he died.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

QQ dying almost every issue is beyond notering. Even all versions of Grasshopper of GLA lasted longer. Getting bored with it and the matruska soldiers, .... really?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Sage being nonchalant with Cecilia's death didn't bother me, but Hank not showing any type of emotion was bothersome. They were close, and it was a total missed opportunity not to have some type of reaction form him. We know she'll be back, so it didn't need to be over the top, but something from Beast would have been nice.

I'm in the minority here. I really enjoyed this issue. Except for the art. Proportions and perspectives were off. Colossus looking like a giant saving a small cat (Beast) was not nice too look at.

The nesting russian soldiers is such a fun idea. Quentinis doing hoebe in the bushes. Then he dies. This book is kinda sex, violence & gore. Some people are going to be upset. Anyway I loved it. I'm just missing Joshua Cassara's amazing, creepy and organic art, that suits perfectly with Percy's writing.

The art in this really was terrible. The body proportions were all way off and everyone seemed to have misshapen heads! Story wise it felt like a retread of the first issue and Cecilia would not be killed like that. As others have said her shield would react instinctively and protect her.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Sage being nonchalant with Cecilia's death didn't bother me, but Hank not showing any type of emotion was bothersome. They were close, and it was a total missed opportunity not to have some type of reaction form him. We know she'll be back, so it didn't need to be over the top, but something from Beast would have been nice.
    Beast hasnt had a heart since Morrison's run ended

I think I... hated this issue. From the start with Cecilia's ridiculous death to the spot-on critique that this Kayla person was immediately uninteresting/unlikable (that's a feat in one issue lol).

The nesting dolls might be an interesting concept, but all these trained mutants fighting like amateurs against them is incredible stupid writing. If you cut something down and they multiply into smaller ones, don't cut them down. Capture them in a box. Get all your telekinetics and hold them in place. Such a frustrating issue. This series just can't be the mutants constantly being overtaken like they're imbeciles.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Between her humiliating death in this issue and her godawful casting with the New Mutants film finally coming out this month, I think it’s safe to say that Cecilia Reyes has had better months than this one! Lol.

Gross I refuse to believe whoever that woman is in New Mutants is one Cecelia Reyes how and who cast for that role? It's one of the major reasons I don't care about that film.

Oh, and Mikhail is such an anomaly for me, I know he exists but I never connect him to Magik or Colossus I often forget there's another sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Oh, and Mikhail is such an anomaly for me, I know he exists but I never connect him to Magik or Colossus I often forget there's another sibling.
    I have never understood Mikhail's character nor his motivations. He has never been written clearly.

Man, what a poor week for X-books. All-time low points for Empyre: X-Men and X-Force. And the whole Marauders plot just whimpered into its next phase (har har).

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think I... hated this issue. From the start with Cecilia's ridiculous death to the spot-on critique that this Kayla person was immediately uninteresting/unlikable (that's a feat in one issue lol).
    You thought Kayla was unlikable? Sure, she was a little rude to Domino I guess, but her concern for Piotr’s well-being was reasonable.

I have never understood Mikhail's character nor his motivations. He has never been written clearly.

Man, what a poor week for X-books. All-time low points for Empyre: X-Men and X-Force. And the whole Marauders plot just whimpered into its next phase (har har).
    Yeah this is unfortunately true, and the novelty of Krakoa isn't enough to keep people interested anymore. X of Swords is either going to save the line or really kill interest (I know I'm exaggerating a little because somehow people still stuck around during the IvX and Blue/Gold eras).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    To be fair. Colossus was a virgin. And two native Savage Land women basically by today’s standards, forced themselves on him.

Funny thing, Logan knew what was going on and didn’t interfere.
    Way to go Logan.

Seriously though, I don’t blame any involved. But there’s a double standard that if Colossus was a female, everyone would be crying rape.
    I'm not going to drag this out, but here is what happened:

EKGT207WkAAoast copy.jpg

EKGT207WkAAoast.jpg

I would hope that you can tell the difference between that, and a girl/woman being overpowered and forced upon.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hahaha Quire must be like the running Gag of Krakoa. Or at least in X-Force.

Also dang Krakoa seems to be easy to infiltrate.
    It's getting really embarrassing how easy it is for outsiders to enter Krakoa. I hope Mama addresses this in the next council meeting. I know Apocalypse and Magneto gotta be highly pissed about this as well
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

i Recently read Uncanny 284-293, when he first appeared, his whole thing seems to be some sort enormous guilt for losing control of his powers and killing a bunch of people (his followers and his wife included) and concluded with him killing himself and the Morlocks, don't knoe what he has done since that thougth.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You thought Kayla was unlikable? Sure, she was a little rude to Domino I guess, but her concern for Piotr’s well-being was reasonable.
    Obviously it's just a snap judgment, but it falls on the writer to introduce a character well and that wasn't done here. I think it's always a mistake to have a new character be introduced in a way where they might seem naggy or whiny because it's already an uphill battle in the first place. Like when a new person is introduced on your fav TV show and you instantly know they don't fit in lol. It's hard to recover from that.