Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So the Cuckoos are pretty much two-timing Quentin and Cable. I wonder if this leads to a confrontation between the guys. I wonder what game they are really playing
    They want to **** telepaths.

That's the plan.

So the Cuckoos are pretty much two-timing Quentin and Cable. I wonder if this leads to a confrontation between the guys. I wonder what game they are really playing
    I know that the Cable issue showed one Cuckoo who was totally uninterested in Cable, so I'm assuming this is that one.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I hated that. Percy finally brought in a black character to have them say "Oh hell no!" and then get their throat slashed...
    Yes, it was incredibly disappointing. I hate that no one there remembered that her powers should have saved her from that.

Cool issue. Love X-Force. Best book!

Quire gag is funny. Glad that focus of book changes between characters.

So the X-Force stans don’t have anything critical to say about this issue? lmfaooo

Yeah I hated that. Percy finally brought in a black character to have them say "Oh hell no!" and then get their throat slashed...
    Even worse that her power would specifically stop that kind of attack jfc

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Sophie literally chose death over a relationship with Quentin. There needs to be a better reason behind this than the Cuckoos preferring other telepaths.

Quentin only being in the book to die is dumb. Who wants character development when you can have an unfunny and repetitious gag instead?

The new status quo of Krakoa was supposed to create stories that don't rely on a gimmicky cheap death, Percy has failed with that concept.

I know that the Cable issue showed one Cuckoo who was totally uninterested in Cable, so I'm assuming this is that one.
    They all seemed interested in Quentin in Wolverine but that was unclear as it appeared they had eyes for a telepath. Then in Cable's issue, Esme was focused on Cable but it seems it was more a game to her when she talked to her sisters. Now here, its Phoebe that is into Quentin but I dont trust her. I think all 5 are messing with their heads and emotions as I dont think anyone is really into them

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Sophie literally chose death over a relationship with Quentin. There needs to be a better reason behind this than the Cuckoos preferring other telepaths. t.
    Phoebe was the one in this issue

Make More Mutants. The Cukoos seem to be taking it literally.

I was thinking that it was starting to get a bit unreal that Russia has so many biological weapons until I remembered that Putin has injected his own daughter with an untested vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was thinking that it was starting to get a bit unreal that Russia has so many biological weapons until I remembered that Putin has injected his own daughter with an untested vaccine.
    Someone should do a comic where Putin gets shot, and loads of midget Putins covered in blood crawl out of his body and wreak havoc.

My favorite aspect of this book is its dedication to grotesque body horror. The russian nesting doll soldiers are hilarious as a concept and effectively disturbing in execution. Seeing little goblin men running around the island stabbing x-men is so bizarre, in a good way of course.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hahaha Quire must be like the running Gag of Krakoa. Or at least in X-Force.

Also dang Krakoa seems to be easy to infiltrate.
    I wonder if Piotr assisted them, not realizing he himself is a sleeper. Hank's, "They knew to raid Forge's armory. They knew to shut down our surveillance."

At first I chalked up the successful attack on Reyes as maybe that creature having power-dampening tech but then it would have impacted everyone and it didn't. Blah.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Honestly this was my least favorite issue of the run, while it's still a great series overall I have to admit Hellions has overtaken it for my favorite X-Book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I wonder if Piotr assisted them, not realizing he himself is a sleeper. Hank's, "They knew to raid Forge's armory. They knew to shut down our surveillance."
    You are right about that! Maybe Mikhail is controlling Peter somehow. Remember that Peter was drawing a picture of him in the first issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Russia has killer beluga armies. I can expect anything.

I don't get the complaints about Quire because A) that's so Phoebe B) Krakoa is all about forgetting old grudges.

Mighty Member

This issue was very good. Surprises, lots of actions and suspense but the art wasn't as good as previous issues.

The last panel was interesting, who is the villain? Why does he need the sword for?

How many times do we have to resurrect Quentin? This is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by ericng; 08-12-2020 at 11:12 AM.