Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think they want the reveal to be plausible but not too obvious to kill surprise.If they are going the James bond way of states against Krakoa they are tapping into the classic Russia is full of spies trope.

You've already been teased with a male hand killing the assassin and I think Collosus was shown lying nearby with open eyes, he was not in a coma or anything.I went through the permutations ;Krakoa mutants walk in their true form,that means it can't be Apocalypse or Mystique who shapeshift not Sinister not Exodus certainly it could be Shaw but Shaw is no mole he is already exposed.Collosus drawing his brother being cryptic about drowning Domino to take away the pain...all sorts of weird points to Collosus being either under outside control or doing this voluntarily. I am not saying anyone else can't be a mole but the connections to Collosus are glaring. There is therefore no need to show Collosus do anything nefarious, use the hints and they still lead to pretty rational conclusions. I mean Shaw was revealed pretty quickly,it lacks imagination to use the same blueprint with Colossus
    If the only way you can write a story with a twist is to have no logical way the reader can follow that twist (piotr has no motivation and was said to have died, and he's on an island full of telepathy, one of which backs up everyone's mind every week), then you probably shouldnt do it. Good twists in stories are those that you can leave hints for but not have people connect the dots.. not leave nonsensical vagueries that don't make any sense until you reveal something at the end to make them make sense. Piotr drawing mikhail in no way makes sense for him being a sleeper agent.

It's just.. bad. and makes it look like they are just dragging a character through the mud, nor trying to give them some thought provoking plotline. Especially when they are not even in most of the books.

Something has been "off" with Piotr since issue #1, it's just taken a long time (especially with the lockdown break) to bring it around.

And then in issue #3, that colossal hand

When I say sleeper I'm talking mind control/implanted memories, and being activated to perform tasks. If it is him, it's very possible he has no idea what he's doing when he's activated, a fail-safe from being telepathically detected (see Jason Bourne movies). And I believe it was on twitter that Percy said his death was an error - I remember clearly because the CBR Continuity Patrol pointed it out. Something is up with our giant friend.

So seeds have been planted plus we have that upcoming cover in his S&M look:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/be/f4...5f8e2b1766.jpg
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    If the only way you can write a story with a twist is to have no logical way the reader can follow that twist (piotr has no motivation and was said to have died, and he's on an island full of telepathy, one of which backs up everyone's mind every week), then you probably shouldnt do it. Good twists in stories are those that you can leave hints for but not have people connect the dots.. not leave nonsensical vagueries that don't make any sense until you reveal something at the end to make them make sense. Piotr drawing mikhail in no way makes sense for him being a sleeper agent.

It's just.. bad. and makes it look like they are just dragging a character through the mud, nor trying to give them some thought provoking plotline. Especially when they are not even in most of the books.
    I don't disagree entirely,I think you are of two minds you want irrefutable evidence on panel and yet you don't seem convinced Colossus is the agent for this story...it is too early to say they are dragging him through the mud.We could have his motivation clear in two or three next issues.That would mean in retrospect it will all make sense.I am a fan of colossus and this storyline is one of the slower but better storylines he's had if indeed we are told he is a sleeper.When was the last time we had an intriguing Colossus story? I can't remember.Anyway I just think all your questions will be answered in due course

Astonishing Member

Considering all the business with potential double agents and sleepers, i realise there is actualy a chance that might not have been Cecilia Reyes, but a double or shape shifter pretending to be her, hence no forcefield.

But given the track record of these writers, i'm not entirely convinced and it could really have just been sloppy writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering all the business with potential double agents and sleepers, i realise there is actualy a chance that might not have been Cecilia Reyes, but a double or shape shifter pretending to be her, hence no forcefield.

But given the track record of these writers, i'm not entirely convinced and it could really have just been sloppy writing.
    Wasn't she caught by surprise in the attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Something has been "off" with Piotr since issue #1, it's just taken a long time (especially with the lockdown break) to bring it around.

When I say sleeper I'm talking mind control/implanted memories, and being activated to perform tasks. If it is him, it's very possible he has no idea what he's doing when he's activated, a fail-safe from being telepathically detected (see Jason Bourne movies). And I believe it was on twitter that Percy said his death was an error - I remember clearly because the CBR Continuity Patrol pointed it out. Something is up with our giant friend.

He died adn was brought back, so I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post

That was Cecilia. She being dead is not a big deal bc they mention in this issue that they'll bring her back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    And who are these two? The guy looks like he might be wearing a Hellions costume.
    Attachment 99789
    I believe the guy is Pyro II (Simon Lasker).

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I believe the guy is Pyro II (Simon Lasker).
    I think you're right... good eye!

And he was drawing Mikhail in one of the earlier issues. There's probably been some tampering with him, even though he was killed and brought back so probably Cerebro would have fixed that.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He died adn was brought back, so I doubt it

That was Cecilia. She being dead is not a big deal bc they mention in this issue that they'll bring her back.
    Editorial error, he didn’t die, Percy confirmed.
    Which is a pretty big error to make, given the plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Editorial error, he didn’t die, Percy confirmed.
    Which is a pretty big error to make, given the plotline.
    Oh he didn't die? Then he's definitely compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh he didn't die? Then he's definitely compromised.
    Yeah someone asked Percy on Twitter I believe because we didn't see Colossus die or resurrect, and he said it was an error that it was listed in the book that he died. Like Su_Whisterfield said, that's a big error because it makes Piotr's story more complicated. Anyone have that tweet?

EDIT: Found it
    https://twitter.com/Ali_Galactic/sta...06374576435200

So when we stick that in our pipe and smoke it, it could also explain why he didn't follow Dom's wishes and had her memory erased. To keep her from remembering details of the train mission.
    Last edited by JB; 08-17-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I hated that. Percy finally brought in a black character to have them say "Oh hell no!" and then get their throat slashed...
    Bruuuuh ikr
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So the Cuckoos are pretty much two-timing Quentin and Cable. I wonder if this leads to a confrontation between the guys. I wonder what game they are really playing
    The oldest game in the book
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Sage being nonchalant with Cecilia's death didn't bother me, but Hank not showing any type of emotion was bothersome. They were close, and it was a total missed opportunity not to have some type of reaction form him. We know she'll be back, so it didn't need to be over the top, but something from Beast would have been nice.
    Right? Like They have cute lil furry babies in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Gross I refuse to believe whoever that woman is in New Mutants is one Cecelia Reyes how and who cast for that role? It's one of the major reasons I don't care about that film.
    .....This..lol

Oh, and Mikhail is such an anomaly for me, I know he exists but I never connect him to Magik or Colossus I often forget there's another sibling.
    Ugh then dont read New Mutants: Truth or Dare lol Mikhail just always reminds me of Jamie Braddock, east to remember

I actually throughly enjoyed all the Xbooks
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah someone asked Percy on Twitter I believe because we didn't see Colossus die or resurrect, and he said it was an error that it was listed in the book that he died. Like Su_Whisterfield said, that's a big error because it makes Piotr's story more complicated. Anyone have that tweet?

EDIT: Found it
    https://twitter.com/Ali_Galactic/sta...06374576435200

So when we stick that in our pipe and smoke it, it could also explain why he didn't follow Dom's wishes and had her memory erased. To keep her from remembering details of the train mission.
    Thanks! Russia probably has implanted some memories in his brain or something.

Amazing Member

Specific to Colossus, more of the same old unimaginative writing by Marvel and their editors. Simplistic, brooding, self-deprecating and dull. He can be made into so much more, but the writers and editors at Marvel make him into fodder. So, back to shackles for Petey, huh? I think most of use had enough of that a few years ago post the Phoenix 5 debacle and his Avatar of Cyttorak days. Such a waste of a core character and one that used to be deemed the mainstay of the X-Men by Claremont.

In re to his size, I didn't mind the human form inaccuracy. He's been drawn much smaller and less bulkier in his armored form in the past, so I'll more than forgive this error.

I'd like to see a Colossus and Domino solo book or a mini-series. They pair well together and her character style allows a certain zeal aspect for Colossus. But alas, we will probably never see that happen.

Petey's undying love for his brother might have been his undoing in this current run of X-Force, but I reckon we'll have to wait until September to know for sure.